CTF-Sprinta246 [WIP]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-Sprinta246 [WIP]

This is a map ported from UT for 5v5 testing, it's been a popular iCTF map in UT and UT2004

To do

- 80% of the lighting
    - Spawns
    - Weapons/pickups
    - 10% of the texturing

I've gone for some simple wall textures rather than porting and then re-sizing/aligning all of the original textures manually, this has saved a lot of time plus the map is intended for use with testing and doesn't need to look good
    Last edited by tigerclaw; 07-23-2014, 04:39 PM.

I never played the map before but the scaling looks really good to me!

Comment

You go to a public ig ut99 server and vote it. Tigerclaw are you going to remake the whole #ipug maplist? If you are i think the tricky map would be duku
      History: UT99 (2003 - 2007; 2009 - Now) UT2k4: (2005-2007), UT3 (2008-2009)
      UT Nicknames: Shotman, HeatWave, MY_KID
      UT Clan: -={SDA}=- (Sniping Death Angles) and zsu (Zark Snipers United)
      UT Main Menu Design

Comment

Originally posted by SDAHeatWave View Post
        You go to a public ig ut99 server and vote it. Tigerclaw are you going to remake the whole #ipug maplist? If you are i think the tricky map would be duku
        We're going to need tried and tested CTF maps

Sprinta isn't a complicated map and i've managed to give it a decent look, of course it's nothing compared to what can be made with UE4 but i've just started and i can't make something like Chris Perna can -.-

I'd love to design some new CTF maps for us to playtest but that'd take 5x as long and even if i made 10 maps there's no guarantee any of them would be any good, so porting old maps is both useful and a good way for me to learn mapping

There are some simple 1v1 DM designs from UT1 i'd also like to take a stab at porting over once i get used to things, stuff like DM-1on1-Contact for example

Comment

I've been playing(struggling) with the lighting for the last few days in UE but now i think it's at a playable level

Still have to do 1/3 of the lighting but it should go faster now, plus some odd and end texturing, throwing in some windows and more red/blue visibility like textures and lights

All in all it's coming along nicely

Comment

Nicely done.
            The gray ambient is coherent with the versions of the previous games, I like that;
            the scaling looks good enough, though to be 100% sure I believe that a good technique should be to try a straight run, as fast as possible, from flag A to flag B and measure approximately the same time of the previous games (but I guess that's something to adjust once the movement is finished once and for all).

Aren't there supposed to be glass walls that prevent to go outside on the flag room? Or is it just one of the versions I saw?

Comment

Originally posted by eimiar View Post
              Nicely done.
              The gray ambient is coherent with the versions of the previous games, I like that;
              the scaling looks good enough, though to be 100% sure I believe that a good technique should be to try a straight run, as fast as possible, from flag A to flag B and measure approximately the same time of the previous games (but I guess that's something to adjust once the movement is finished once and for all).

Aren't there supposed to be glass walls that prevent to go outside on the flag room? Or is it just one of the versions I saw?
              In the flag room there glass walls and ceilings. Make sure to make them thick, i don't know if this engine will occur, because flags can go through the window when you die.
              UT Main Menu Design

Comment

One of my favorite maps, glad to see it will be making a return.

Comment

Was surprised to see this in BU's weekly podcast today

Comment

Hi Spoondog! Nice to see you
                    Stacey Conley
                    -----------------------------
                    Unreal Tournament Community Manager
                    Epic Games, Inc.
                    Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Comment

Howdy Flak

Comment

this map was never popular in ut2004. in ut1 absolutely yes. but in 2004 a map called ctf-deepsprinta was played. Author is the same, but the 2 maps actually doesn't really share similarities.

Comment

Woww. 2 useless maps designed already. Bleak and Sprinta. But well, nice job still.

Comment

Sprinta was a great map. Pleased to see it return. Though I don't get the post above's pessimism against the build.
                            Change for the worse, and you regret every moment.
                            Change for the better, and you can't live without it.
                            Having the will to embrace change is the real challenge.
                            --Captain Crit

Comment

I do not know if anyone notices this but I think there is BSP bug on the window/glass. You can see the bug around :11 in your first video and around :20ish in your second video. Always hated these bugs in UnrealEd.
                              Last edited by SDAHeatWave; 08-09-2014, 06:01 PM.
                              UT Main Menu Design

Comment

Working...
                              X