DM-map1 (work in progress)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] DM-map1 (work in progress)

At the moment I am experimenting with textures. In game I am experiencing an issue where my glass won't render.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Hazzle; 08-19-2014, 02:06 PM. Reason: level update

Originally posted by Hazzle View Post
    So my question is what should I use as a water surface?
    Here are some planes (.FBX) you can import, may be useful
    https://drive.google.com/file/planes.zip

Comment

Any screenshots? Or is it a bit early for that?
      Change for the worse, and you regret every moment.
      Change for the better, and you can't live without it.
      Having the will to embrace change is the real challenge.
      --Captain Crit

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Crit View Post
        Any screenshots? Or is it a bit early for that?
        I added a video of the map. But now I realize I probably posted this in the wrong forum.

Comment

Originally posted by sneh View Post
          Here are some planes (.FBX) you can import, may be useful
          https://drive.google.com/file/planes.zip
          Thnx, this is actually very helpful!

Comment

The tubes in your map make me think of the first Unreal, when you were escaping Vortex jail-ship. Here is an idea: you could add some fans in them, mooving slowly. Normally, a player could pass trough its blades. In a part of the map there could be a button that speeds up the fans. In older UT, there was some sort of oven, in which you could bake your enemies. Fans could be something similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Hazzle View Post
              I also have an issue that I would really appreciate some help with. With the help of a tutorial on youtube I created an awesome water surface. But when I wanted the add the water material to a surface in my level I found out that apparently the new Unreal Engine doesn't support planes. So my question is what should I use as a water surface?
              Look in DM-SidCastle. There are planes already in the stock files that you can use. Shouldn't be any need to import :-)
              MyArtstation
              @jayoplus

Comment

Originally posted by jayoplus View Post
                Look in DM-SidCastle. There are planes already in the stock files that you can use. Shouldn't be any need to import :-)
                Thnx this worked!

Comment

Originally posted by mahri726 View Post
                  The tubes in your map make me think of the first Unreal, when you were escaping Vortex jail-ship. Here is an idea: you could add some fans in them, mooving slowly. Normally, a player could pass trough its blades. In a part of the map there could be a button that speeds up the fans. In older UT, there was some sort of oven, in which you could bake your enemies. Fans could be something similar.
                  I am not sure about blades if they block you. I think I will make doors that can close and then the rooms will fill with water.

Comment

Nice work!
                    but to be honest it think that the main open area is too big and dispersive... i'd prefer a little bit smaller area. Just my opinion, nice work though!
                    Musician , Composer.

Comment

Gameplay wise it doesn't look promising. Extremely open with bland fighting angles due to the overuse of wall balconies. Connectivity is also uninteresting as it looks like you have a perimeter racetrack w the open space in the center connecting everything, and the massive water tunnel doesn't add anything to flow. It may have some place as a low-grav and or instagib map.

Comment

Originally posted by lrjaco View Post
                        Gameplay wise it doesn't look promising. Extremely open with bland fighting angles due to the overuse of wall balconies. Connectivity is also uninteresting as it looks like you have a perimeter racetrack w the open space in the center connecting everything, and the massive water tunnel doesn't add anything to flow. It may have some place as a low-grav and or instagib map.
                        Thnx for the feedback. I was planning on adding a teleporter on each side of the watertunnel. The other end will be the 2 pipes that half-stick out of the wall. I also want to add scooba gear. For the open space in the middle I agree, I tried to rebuild the middle but kinda failed.

I will probably rebuild it among other things before the map is done though.

Comment

Working...
                        X