Nerf Arena Blast DM-Barracuda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] Nerf Arena Blast DM-Barracuda

Not to be confused with Hazzle's map. This is a remix of a NAB map I thought I'd do to familiarize myself with the unreal editor, so you might catch some pretty bad brush work which need to be fixed.
    The map is bare, no lighting, not even a theme yet. The map is just setup to get down flow and make rooms engaging to fight in. I'd guess it will play defensive w all the corridors. Depending on how i setup armor, health, and weapons I can make it play more to projectile-based weapons.

8-9

8-4
    Last edited by lrjaco; 08-09-2014, 12:31 PM.

I love this map. Nabbers for life!!
    HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
    BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

I have a lot of nostalgia regarding NAB; I've grown to become a lover of FPS and NAB was the first one I played (~12 yrs old at the time). I'd be interested in re-introducing NAB to the current generation through things like these level remakes and mods to create the NAB gametypes (point blast, ball blast, and speed blast--speed blast too much fun!). But alas my time is kind of wrapped up in finishing grad school so that type of project would realistically take a long time.

BTW I ran around w the nick Duo when I used to play.

Comment

If I understand correctly I chose a name for my map that already existed in another game? Why didn't you just tell me?

Comment

Originally posted by Hazzle View Post
          If I understand correctly I chose a name for my map that already existed in another game? Why didn't you just tell me?
          Well it is and was a very unpopular game, so most people would not notice. I only mention it here in case someone did play NAB and was familiar with the map. If/when I finish it it'll probably take on a different name because it will be different enough that it shouldn't carry the same name (even w a remix tag).

Comment

Originally posted by lrjaco View Post
            Well it is and was a very unpopular game, so most people would not notice. I only mention it here in case someone did play NAB and was familiar with the map. If/when I finish it it'll probably take on a different name because it will be different enough that it shouldn't carry the same name (even w a remix tag).
            I understand. I will rename mine aswell. Still I think you should have told me because I thought it was a real **** move to use my mapname.

I do like your map layout though, I think it's way more diverse than mine. The sloppy brushes are easily fixed with some snapping I found out (control + end).
            Last edited by Hazzle; 08-04-2014, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Made some updates to the map yesterday/today:

Redid most of the brushwork to be simpler
              Added another area (design totally different from original NAB map)
              Tweaked some dimensions to allow for wall jumps and wall-slide-dodges (still looking for more spots where I can pull this off)
              Added a crouch-dodge corridor as a traversal alternative to a parallel corridor which i think will hold a major item. Kind of like the idea of a little bit of sacrifice for speed while using a mechanic that is typically slower in a drag race.

Flow is pretty close to what I want so will start to add in details soon (which will undoubtly change things slightly).

Comment

Working...
              X