No announcement yet.

DM-Hydraulics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had issues with the newest version of UE4, so I could bring only a few modifications to the map. Here is the trap with manual activation: the button (bright green) can be activated either by shooting it or jumping against it.

The current .pak has the modifications but is missing one asset, so no lifts. I'll try to get this to work properly during the week if I have time.
    Attached Files
    RASTE IN PEACE !
    Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
    Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

hell yeah the trap activator is sweet!

the extra corridor leading to the minigun is sweet too!

3 points:
      - the pits with the linkgun ammo... too deep. it will frustrate alot of players who get caught in there and get killed. Maximum stepheight is 50UU.. Make it 45 deep to be sure
      - The water in the bioroom is autoglide? lol. trie jumping in and don't touch your controls. you'll glide.
      - dat one small material you missed in the link gun room (pillars) is the worst bug i've ever seen in my life. shame on you for not noticing that

keep it up raste! going steady!

cheers
      BT-AncientLost | BT-Indus12 | BT-AirRace | BT-YouAreLOL
      DM-Pure-Pro | DM-Vezon | DM-RedeemerSniperHeaven

blog | home | discord

Come frag with us! Absolute (Amsterdam) , Absolute (Atlanta) , Absolute (Indiana)

Comment

Originally posted by irridium77 View Post
        hell yeah the trap activator is sweet!

the extra corridor leading to the minigun is sweet too!

3 points:
        - the pits with the linkgun ammo... too deep. it will frustrate alot of players who get caught in there and get killed. Maximum stepheight is 50UU.. Make it 45 deep to be sure
        - The water in the bioroom is autoglide? lol. trie jumping in and don't touch your controls. you'll glide.
        - dat one small material you missed in the link gun room (pillars) is the worst bug i've ever seen in my life. shame on you for not noticing that

keep it up raste! going steady!

cheers
        Dammit, now you know I'm lazy -> copy pasting all these pillars lol. Thanks for the video irri ! I'll remedy to that missing material haha ! The water is the default water volume with very low friction, I want to favor trick jumping to go fast there or use a gun to simulate water sound and deceive your enemy.

For the link gun pits I agree, I should rework that into something a bit better. I'm working in some more variations in floor height. The map is going pretty well I believe, still a lot of stuff to do though. Started to work in collaboration with Nonemm to compose a musical theme (but shhh, that's a secret ). Big thanks Nonemm !

Lot more to come !
        Last edited by Raste; 10-07-2014, 03:10 AM.
        RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Hi folks !

Been collaborating with Nonemm on a soundtrack for the map:

Let him know what you think of it and give feedback, even if it's only to say you like or dislike it
          https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...-DM-Hydraulics
          RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Been quite a while I haven't posted any updates about the map. Took quite some time to set up the UE 4.5 and then I lost more time with a bug in the map. But it's all running correctly now so tons of new stuff with the map to present:

1: Felt like I needed to open up a bit more this zone. The new passage hosts 4 health vials.
            2: Bringing the UT feel isn't that easy, with this I'm hoping to get closer.
            3: I gave more space for fights to happen in the flak's room.
            4: The damage amp is now really inside the water exchanger (I know, I'm a ******* ), and the trap is now manually activated by inflicting damage to or touching the bright green button above the trap. If you stay on the lid and activate the trap, there are nice trick jumps to perform with a nice boost of speed haha.

I'm getting closer to version 5. I've never taken so much time between two versions as I have between v4 and v5. I'm hoping I'm going in the right direction.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Raste; 10-12-2014, 03:52 AM.
            RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

I'm gonna go quadra-post with this, but version 4.9 is available for download (.pak):
              http://bit.ly/1uu464z

I've changed many rooms and started to explore new architecture styles (I focused mainly on the shock rifle's room). Globally I'm feeling that I'm getting closer to that UT feel in the map. There still will be modifications to the link gun room (probably some major rework there) before the map gets to version 5. I've let go of the idea this could be a duel map and now I'm focusing on pushing the map towards DM and TDM.

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy this version 4.9, the gameplay should be decent but you know... haven't been able to play a match in there yet. I guess version 5 to 6 will be mainly improvements to the layout and item placement based on players feedback (at least that's what I'm hoping for !)

All feedback is welcome ! Don't hesitate !
              Last edited by Raste; 10-12-2014, 07:31 AM.
              RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Hi kannst du den Sound den jemand für deine Map gemacht hat in die nexte version miteinfliessen lassen?

Hi, you can do the sound has made this one to somebody into the nexte version for your Map been able to be flowed?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris UT4 View Post
                  Hi kannst du den Sound den jemand für deine Map gemacht hat in die nexte version miteinfliessen lassen?
                  I'm looking into this. For version 5 I'll make sure the soundtrack is included in the map. Should be quite easy in the blueprints.
                  RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

cool Thanks Raste

Comment

New video of the modifications. I felt the video of version 4.5 was not representative enough anymore of the current state of the map. This was recorded in UT (and not in the editor this time, so it's darker).

What do you think of it ? Do you like the trick jumps like those at the shock rifle's location (0:55) ?
                      Last edited by Raste; 10-12-2014, 03:55 PM.
                      RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

That looks like a pretty cool map Raste! The trap in the main room has a lot of potential and yes, these trickjumps at 0:55 are pretty neat!
                        The overall layout and block layout feels very UT1-ish, looking forward to what you're going to do with it (especially in terms of design)!
                        S l y .

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
                          That looks like a pretty cool map Raste! The trap in the main room has a lot of potential and yes, these trickjumps at 0:55 are pretty neat!
                          The overall layout and block layout feels very UT1-ish, looking forward to what you're going to do with it (especially in terms of design)!
                          Can't wait to get to the design part, but I have to make sure the layout is fun to play first. Otherwise I'll be wasting time on things that might just get wiped because they don't fit. Really need to get this map on a server (anyone knows when redirects will be implemented ?).
                          Last edited by Raste; 10-14-2014, 06:09 AM.
                          RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Good map so far talented
                            It looks like it would suit an asbestos type style theme from ut2003
                            industrial complex as your title suggests
                            http://www.speedtest.net/result/3832546677.png

Comment

Originally posted by Viable View Post
                              Good map so far talented
                              It looks like it would suit an asbestos type style theme from ut2003
                              industrial complex as your title suggests
                              You are the second person thinking that it should look like Asbestos

I'm trying hard to get the UT99 yet evolved kind of vibe in the map. If going more UT2k4 suits better I will go there but right now I like to keep my options as open as possible. When the time comes I will probably print a few screenshots of the detailed light of the essential rooms and ask community help about the design. This is imo the best way to test and get creative ideas (and because I'm quite bad at shading anyway haha). I'll put a few guidelines though, but not too many.

But first there are tons of tests on the layout to do, and once I'm sure it's fun to play I'll move to the shiny and beautiful static meshes
                              RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

can't open the pack ingame.
                                start level > rturns to homescreen.

I'll update my ut in the moring, i'm using an old version. (3 weeks orso)

edit: i'm having same issue with DM-LAB, soo it'l be my UT, no probz
                                Last edited by irridium77; 10-14-2014, 07:46 PM.
                                BT-AncientLost | BT-Indus12 | BT-AirRace | BT-YouAreLOL
                                DM-Pure-Pro | DM-Vezon | DM-RedeemerSniperHeaven

blog | home | discord

Come frag with us! Absolute (Amsterdam) , Absolute (Atlanta) , Absolute (Indiana)

Comment

Working...
                                X