Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by irridium77 View Post
    i told you twas gnna be nitpicky
    This is most welcomed feedback, thx for it. I will work on it progressively. If you got more of these or on anything, feel free to post it here !

Stay tuned in the next updates !
    RASTE IN PEACE !
    Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
    Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

Originally posted by irridium77 View Post

Been correcting those already
      RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

HI Raste,

some more feedback after walking around and playing DM and TDM with bots in your cool map. For whatever reason, i created lots of screenshots via 'shot' command, however they do not appear in the usual Documents-> UnrealTournament -> ... folder.

So im gonna try to describe my findings to you:

Things to improve:
        - bots get stuck on the left & right corner of the small gallery/uprising right at the sniper rifle weapon base
        - bots seem not to use the pathway from the flak toom to the armor room at all. Most likely they do not see a way to crouch through under the pipes at he two openings in combination with the slopes (at amor location)
        - i think some of the lift platforms need a better identification that here is a lift, especially the lift outside at the shield belt (white platform & white floor = bad) and in the flak room
        - with jumpboots, one can hop on the platforms with the windows in the sniper room. Thats quite a nice place! And i wonder if you can make better use of these platforms by:
        - put some openings/kind of doors into the beams to cross between the 3 areas
        - maybe create another small platform up on oppisite of the room (the larger cylindric thing visible when looking at the stinger direction) and put something valuable there, and e.g. somehow use the left side silver pipe to get there ...

- in the flak room at the flak elevation, there is an awkwards triange mesh on the floor at the right where on can get stuck
        - ok, collision volume path will come later, but for gameplay improvement: in the room with the lift to the outside shieldbelt, on can get stuck on the floor between the generators and stairs (one on the middle left and on the right side)

What i like:
        - gameplay seems generally be fine
        - the color types you choose for the pipes so far are 'delicious'
        - quite open map overall
        - boost of lift speed/catapulting
        - the indirect lighting behind the decoration walls in the 'blue' rooms are incredible!
        - stunning meshing!

Keep going, this will be a great one!

I assue you will have a collision blocking path later (after finishing the meshing phase) , as there are several areas where on can get a bit stuck. Will provide more feedback on that later.
        Last edited by Mr Van; 02-12-2017, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Van View Post
          - bots get stuck on the left & right corner of the small gallery/uprising right at the sniper rifle weapon base
          - bots seem not to use the pathway from the flak toom to the armor room at all. Most likely they do not see a way to crouch through under the pipes at he two openings in combination with the slopes (at amor location)
          - i think some of the lift platforms need a better identification that here is a lift, especially the lift outside at the shield belt (white platform & white floor = bad) and in the flak room
          - with jumpboots, one can hop on the platforms with the windows in the sniper room. Thats quite a nice place! And i wonder if you can make better use of these platforms by:
          - put some openings/kind of doors into the beams to cross between the 3 areas
          - maybe create another small platform up on oppisite of the room (the larger cylindric thing visible when looking at the stinger direction) and put something valuable there, and e.g. somehow use the left side silver pipe to get there ...

- in the flak room at the flak elevation, there is an awkwards triange mesh on the floor at the right where on can get stuck
          - ok, collision volume path will come later, but for gameplay improvement: in the room with the lift to the outside shieldbelt, on can get stuck on the floor between the generators and stairs (one on the middle left and on the right side)
          Thank you for this feedback! I have already started to work on blocking volumes in the map, but since this is a long work I will introduce it progressively with each update. Next update will have a much smoother flak area already in terms of collisions and movement. I will check about the bots getting stuck in places as well. If you have some screenshots it would help me a lot, but I can also understand it from your description.

Cheers mate !
          RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Hi Raste, ok, used another command to create sceenies which now worked. The crosshair is pointing to the issues ...

White lift hard to see

One call fall down here betwen the large pipes

here, at the silver pipes sides on all generators one gets stuck trying to go up to the lift

Bots get stuck at sniper exactly here

one can camp here forever, there will never a bot coming along

This is a nice placce reachable with jump boots. However, the window/area in your back is open so one can Fall out of the map. And having some larger holes in the beams to the right of the player would allow to move a bit around between the 3 platform areas.
            Also, wonder if where the crosshair is pointing another hardly reachable armor can be places on a small plaform upwards, and then use the pipe on the left to gett there.
            Attached Files

Comment

OK ! The screenshots all make it very clear. I will see what I can do to improve things
              RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

youre welcome ...

(there is a small mesh-itch in the ceiling, looks like a pipe comes through (nickpicking )

like that one can jump through in between these structures. Don't change that!
                Attached Files

Comment

like that one can jump through in between these structures. Don't change that!
                  I won't

Just a quick note that I will issue a new version by the end of next week. Full change log will be available at that time
                  RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Originally posted by Raste View Post
                    I won't

Just a quick note that I will issue a new version by the end of next week. Full change log will be available at that time

Comment

Hi Raste, ok, used another command to create sceenies which now worked. The crosshair is pointing to the issues ...

White lift hard to see

I just fixed the 3 first screenshots, for the last one, it is the bot system that does not like to have a lift and a blocked path on the armor side... can't do much about it atm unfortunately. I will keep on improving the map, I currently am placing more and more collision volumes to make sure movement and shooting gets better with the new version.
                      RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Thanks Raste, keep rockin!

Comment

New update coming tomorrow night with a bunch of gameplay improvements and integration of your feedback guys
                          RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

UPDATE - v004a
                            Download link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...E1nUWlBdmM1ZVU

CHANGE LOG

General (based on feedback)
                            ----------------------------

Much in this update is about gameplay and feedback that was given to me. I worked on many things, but I will need more time to incorporate all your feedback

- Placed more blocking volumes to guarantee correct flak behaviour, mostly near the flak pickup
                            - All neon lights now have no collision at all to help with movement
                            - Health packs distribution optimization across the map
                            - Fixed and improved the window meshes (as close to the turbines room)
                            - Trick jump to get to the Helmet is now doable with one double tap
                            - Removed a pipe hidden in the geometry
                            - Extended pipes on the roof of the trap room
                            - New pass of lighting definition

Meshes
                            ----------

- Sniper stand remade to better fit the gameplay and allow some room up there

ALL FEEDBACK IS WELCOME !
                            RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

BigUp for the update Raste!
                              LoPing
                              Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

The feels... it's been years now and I am still going. Thank you all for supporting me

RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Working...
                                X