DM-Hydraulics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by David Spalinski View Post
    Thanks for providing the download link. I had a weird issue yesterday where the PIE lighting was different from the normal editor viewport. Possibly just unbuilt lighting, I'll check it out again today.

IMO, two lifts is fine if there is reason to have two, or if it's just fun.
    Seems to be a known bug: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ml?sort=oldest

Looking forward to getting your feedback on the map. I paused my work on it until I know what works and what doesn't.
    RASTE IN PEACE !
    Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
    Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

Where should I add the files to be able to play the map?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris UT4 View Post
        Where should I add the files to be able to play the map?
        You should put the map in: UnrealTournament-master\UnrealTournament-master\UnrealTournament\Content\Maps

Then launch the editor and open the map. You may need to import the three .uasset files I put in the archive with the maps. They are the static meshes for the lifts.
        RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Break i UT4 Engine license for testing?

Comment

Break i UT4 Engine license for testing?
            Not that I know of. You simply open a map in the editor, and the editor requires that the map file be in the map folder of the game. You won't be in game, but you can test the map within the editor.
            RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

wher find i Editor my Friend?

Comment

wher find i Editor my Friend?
                You need the UE4, have you subscribed to the Unreal Engine ? Because otherwise I don't see how you can open maps.
                RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

ok i Have not UE4 Thanks for your Help

Comment

ok i Have not UE4 Thanks for your Help
                    Here is a video. It's not the same as testing but it's better than just screenshots !

This is work in progress.
                    RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Still getting a weird lighting issue with the map. Can you post an updated version?

One thing I noticed was that you are using custom lift animations. We have a blueprint you can use in the other maps so that you don't need to do this. Also it appears there is some lag in the time it takes for the lift to begin moving. While I guess I could see that could be an intentional decision, it doesn't quite match the pace of the game. Lifts should be immediate,imo.

Also, watch out for high contrast shadowing. Brightly lit areas with dark shadows in the main room can make it difficult to see what is going on (which will be important in a central space with a complex piece of geometry players need to navigate at the bottom). Suggest reducing the contrast here either by reducing sun brightness or brightening shadows.
                      David Spalinski
                      @spazinski
                      Epic Games

Comment

Still getting a weird lighting issue with the map. Can you post an updated version?

One thing I noticed was that you are using custom lift animations. We have a blueprint you can use in the other maps so that you don't need to do this. Also it appears there is some lag in the time it takes for the lift to begin moving. While I guess I could see that could be an intentional decision, it doesn't quite match the pace of the game. Lifts should be immediate,imo.
                        For the lifts I didn't knew how to create them, went the way I would have done them in any game engine. I will replace them with the ones provided. The lag is indeed part of the animation but it will be gone when the lifts will be replaced with the generic ones.

Also, watch out for high contrast shadowing. Brightly lit areas with dark shadows in the main room can make it difficult to see what is going on (which will be important in a central space with a complex piece of geometry players need to navigate at the bottom). Suggest reducing the contrast here either by reducing sun brightness or brightening shadows.
                        Some parts of the map are indeed too dark. I have to modify my previous lighting since I've been toying around with the directional light and stuff. I will test both reducing sun brightness and brightening the shadows. Any feedback on the layout and flow of the map ? The item distribution is quite bad at the moment in my opinion but I'll work on it more very soon.

Finally, I have updated the download link the latest version (same as the one in the video). Let me know if you still have issues with the lights, I have been correcting a few things on them.
                        RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Originally posted by Raste View Post
                          Here is a video. It's not the same as testing but it's better than just screenshots !

This is work in progress.
                          Cool Map i hope the come in the UT Game very cool Raste

Comment

Cool Map i hope the come in the UT Game very cool Raste
                            Thanks !

I have tons of ideas on how to improve the map and increase the possibilities to chase players throughout the map. Also the trap (kill zone in the water exchanger) will be automatically activated periodically so it would still allow some duel play in the map and enable you to make a well timed keg + udamage run. The activation would be notified by an announcer, a specific sound or a change in the lighting mood of the map (still need to make up my mind )

Stay tuned !

EDIT: updated the download link with David's feedback updated. Now the lifts use the generic blueprint and I've reduced the directional light brightness from 9f to 2f.
                            Last edited by Raste; 08-27-2014, 02:39 PM.
                            RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

New minor update:

I've been reworking the ground level passage that linked the two sides together. Following some feedback I was given in this thread, I added more differences of floor heights, cut too long lines of sight and added more stairs. In the picture below you can also see that I have re-purposed the light blue room to receive the bio gun and some health. This passage is now 1 second longer than before but offers much more tactical elements than before imo.

This new version is experimental (still have to rework the way it's linked next to the orange pipes) and all feedback about it is more than welcome. Do you prefer this one or the older one ?

Finally, the download link has been updated with the latest version.
                              Attached Files
                              RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

One big issue in my layout: the underground being a straight hallway. I've been working on this today as well as improving item placement. Below you will find the plans I have to cut the line of sight in the underground. Many of you suggested I use crates to avoid having a too big space in there. This got me thinking and decided to follow the community's advice. However instead of crates I would like to reuse the theme of the map.

For this I've reused the pipes of the main room and made them go to the underground (see picture below). I would like to create turbines as shown in red and green in the picture (sorry for my drawing skills haha). By doing so I would have an S shaped path that blocks the view and makes chasing more interesting (white line). I'm currently working on the visual design of these turbines, should be ready soon hopefully.

Also the download link has been updated. As always any feedback is welcome !
                                Attached Files
                                RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Working...
                                X