DM-Hydraulics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks like a suitable solution
    You could also make big diametre pipes emerge from the floor running to the opposite wall... that way it clutters the ceiling a bit aswell.

place them in the same position as your to-be turbines.

looks good! keep it up!
    BT-AncientLost | BT-Indus12 | BT-AirRace | BT-YouAreLOL
    DM-Pure-Pro | DM-Vezon | DM-RedeemerSniperHeaven

blog | home | discord

Come frag with us! Absolute (Amsterdam) , Absolute (Atlanta) , Absolute (Indiana)

Comment

Originally posted by irridium77 View Post
      looks like a suitable solution
      You could also make big diametre pipes emerge from the floor running to the opposite wall... that way it clutters the ceiling a bit aswell.

place them in the same position as your to-be turbines.

looks good! keep it up!
      Thanks ! Not sure about the ceiling just yet as I kind of like that you can see clearly the water exchanger from any level. Pipes seem to be an idea that would work: I will experiment a bit with some. Maybe I can make random connections between the turbines where some more cover is needed.
      RASTE IN PEACE !
      Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
      Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

First attempt to create the turbines. It does cut the lines of sight pretty well ! I will be messing around with them and try to enable some nice trick jumping to quickly go above them. I'll also double check the size of the turbines so it's not too big.

I am really unsure about this element of design and would love to know what gamers think of it !
        Attached Files
        RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Breaking up that hallway? Nice idea. The before and after picture really supports why to have the turbines in place.
          Change for the worse, and you regret every moment.
          Change for the better, and you can't live without it.
          Having the will to embrace change is the real challenge.
          --Captain Crit

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Crit View Post
            Breaking up that hallway? Nice idea. The before and after picture really supports why to have the turbines in place.
            Yeah ! Now I have to blend the turbines in with some nice trick jumping possibilities for faster chasing through the underground. This will be an interesting way to bang my head against the walls
            RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Spent the afternoon messing around with blueprints (for the first time except the previous lifts) to create the trap with the water exchanger. It WORKS ! I'm getting closer to a playable version, still have to add more trick jumping and improve the items placement though :\

The blueprints of the trap if it can interest anyone. It's probably not the best way to do it, but for the prototype map it will be good enough.

Attached Files
              RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Hey is really a cool Map become I hope them comes into ready play

Comment

OK, the map is ready for testing in my opinion. I'm just turning around in it now, not knowing what to change or do. I need feedback from players and EPIC to continue working on it.

I updated the download link with the newest version (v3) as well as the static mesh for the trap. The map should work for 2-6 players and should suit duel (I hope !)
                  RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

i like the turbines, it was a good solution for sure raste.

If you jump can you look over them?
                    would be cool if you can get a headshot by jumping and sweet aim.
                    BT-AncientLost | BT-Indus12 | BT-AirRace | BT-YouAreLOL
                    DM-Pure-Pro | DM-Vezon | DM-RedeemerSniperHeaven

blog | home | discord

Come frag with us! Absolute (Amsterdam) , Absolute (Atlanta) , Absolute (Indiana)

Comment

Great work Raste!! updates are fitting well too

Comment

Originally posted by irridium77 View Post
                        i like the turbines, it was a good solution for sure raste.

If you jump can you look over them?
                        would be cool if you can get a headshot by jumping and sweet aim.
                        Thx, the turbines reinforce the theme and, well... f*** crates

From the front of the turbines you can double jump forward to climb on them, you can jump from one to the other with a well executed double jump as well. Might have to add a small ramp on the sides to allow just peaking over them (thanks for the suggestion !). Also you can see the whole underground from the lift, should allow a fair bit of action to happen in there.

In the end the map is really not that big, I think 8 players would be the maximum in there.

Originally posted by Rodigi View Post
                        Great work Raste!! updates are fitting well too
                        Thanks ! Glad my choices (oriented by the community) are working out.
                        Last edited by Raste; 09-01-2014, 08:53 AM.
                        RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

I Hope Your Map com in the Game i Will Play your Map have not UE 4 Licence

Comment

Seems like going from 4.3.1 to 4.4.1 has changed a good deal about lightning. Have to redo it completely (adjusting the levels). Will take the opportunity to tweak the lights and do a new pass on them
                            RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

V3 UPDATE

Change log:
                              - Lightning corrections and adaptations
                              - Item placement improvement pass #1
                              - Layout improvement pass #2
                              - Use of generic lifts blueprints
                              - Trap automation added
                              - All player starts have been added (2-6 players)
                              - Added a few trick jumps (more to come)

As I am moving forward with the map, it becomes easier to see how it looks and the size of the areas. At this point it is very important to get feedback. This is indeed the phase where it's the easiest to make changes. So feel free to comment and say what you think of it, what could be improved, what you like and don't like !
                              RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Very cool Raste

Comment

Working...
                                X