• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started a topic [PROTOTYPE] DM-Hydraulics

DM-Hydraulics

UPDATE - v007a
    Download link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AN...Nly17dX9Awg1H5
    I agree that this content constitutes a Submission under the Unreal Engine EULA ( https://www.unrealengine.com/eula ).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Development Roadmap
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DONE
    - Create an initial layout: done
    - Initial Lightning: done
    - Define concept arts and general design: done

- Geometry pass #1: done
    - Lightning pass #1: done
    - Level Music

IN PROGRESS
    - Geometry pass #2: in progress
    - Lightning pass #2: in progress

TO BE DONE
    - Collisions pass
    - Create animations in the map
    - Sound recording & setting in the map
    - Post-Processing & particles effects

CONCEPT ARTS THREAD
    https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...t-Arts-request

MUSIC BY MAXCARNAGE
    https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...ght=hydraulics

SPECIAL THANKS

Concept arts: Geck, Gooba
    Huge help with static meshes UV mapping and corrections: CaptainMigraine
    Ambient Audio: MaxCarnage
    Soundtrack: MaxCarnage (current one), Nonemm (original one)
    Feedback: Irridium77, Nonemm, Captain Migraine, Scoob, Sigmafie, DutchSmoke, Zedmaster
    Support & for getting the map running on the servers: raxxy, zunnie

FEEDBACK
    Get it running and let me know what you think !
    Last edited by Raste; 12-16-2017, 12:41 PM.

• replied
    Hey Stevelois,

- I am glad to see that the layout and flow is now tight and polished. For an original map (not a remake), this is a relief
    - The lighting scheme will still evolve a bit. I got much better results than before when I used emissive for the lights (only a few still have a real point light attached to them)
    - The outside belt area: After talking with Sid about it, we came to the realization that it had a lot of unused space that was just diluting a bit the action. To make the map tighter I have been removing some huge spaces that had no real purpose and added more connectivity to compensate (the stinger room is a good example). I still allow people to steal the belt from the grenade launcher if they managed to get the boots, so the competitive side is still there. I also wanted to make it a bit more hazard prone to go there as now you have more chances to push someone off the cliff haha
    - For the player starts I have to check, I will have to correct that

In any cases, thx for the feedback, well appreciated! You might want to check my art thread though

Leave a comment:

• replied
    V7

Hey Raste

Had few rounds on the XMas build, overall, I really like the result.

- The meshing is really cool, even without texturing.
    - The lighting scheme is really good imho.

The level play well.

Therefore,

- I ask myself why the belt outside area is gone ? It was cool to go outside and jump back to the platform above the belt.
    - Also, many playerstart are facing a wall ?

THX for the Christmas gift, a well awaited release

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have been working with Quixel + PS as the UT devs did, and I can say so far that this workflow has simply not been working for me. It is slow, tiresome, and pretty much leads me nowhere. I was unable to properly add textures to meshes using that.

I have now switch to Substance painter, and therefore I have to learn (again) a new soft (yet another one). However this software is definitely going to help me bring quickly awesome materials to these blank white meshes. I will start with the turbines, hopefully I will be able to learn a lot by starting with a complex mesh.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Danke vielmals Raste! I'll be loading this shortly.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Good Work Raste i like the Map

Leave a comment:

• replied
    XMAS BUILD
    Download link: Hydraulics_V007a

Change log:
    Way too long, just play the **** map

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What you has Deleted the Bio Rifle?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Niceness Raste!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by barsam2a View Post

Nice! Looking forward to the release
    Me too, I am really curious to see how the layout modifications I've brought will be received by the community. I have made some serious changes, tons of improvements and now the trap finally works with all weapons and firing modes (except the main for the grenade launcher, but who cares ). Some more geometry tweaks and some cityscaping and it will be good to go

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Raste View Post
    Good news !

I will officially release Hydraulics v007a as a XMAS build ! Release on the 18th of December
    Nice! Looking forward to the release

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Good news !

I will officially release Hydraulics v007a as a XMAS build ! Release on the 18th of December

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Raste View Post

I still need to wrap up some work on this map before I can release a build. However the playable area is now complete, it just need some more love for a few meshes but overall I am starting to be happy with the looks of this map. It just needs more pipes
    Sounds good
    Last edited by barsam2a; 11-11-2017, 07:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I"m always here ! I just dont post anything in forum, still wait for some news from Epic... Flak Where are you dudes ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hell yeah, man! Ignore how dead the forums are at the moment. The people who care still lurk the forums silently while we wait for another response from Epic. Keep up the good work mate! I'll be posting my work at the end of this month, so keep an eye out

Leave a comment:

Working...
X