CTF-Darkness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] CTF-Darkness

First off, this map was created as a demo map to test out how the game dynamics can be changed with extreme levels of lighting, the lighting itself changes ~60 seconds. The map itself is basic and obviously is very similar to the old UT99 map thorns. I also wanted a LGI style map to be able to play around on.

https://mega.co.nz/#!mJ0k1RRC!dWiAJY...OvEo4HAtLvO0Ho
    PayBack

Tried the map.

Might be cool to use more dynamic lighting in the maps indeed. Gives me ideas for my map. GJ !
    RASTE IN PEACE !
    Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
    Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

Thanks, thats kind of all I was shooting for really. Trying to get ideas and learn how to use some of the new (to me at least) features of UT, the best way for me is to go extreme with the ideas and learn, then incorporate them into future maps on a smaller scale or correct scale. Im glad my map gave you some new ideas, its definitely given me some as well.
      PayBack

Comment

Nothing guys? No other feedback? Hate it? Love it? Thought lighting changes were dumb and not needed? I know the map itself wasnt great, but I was hoping for some feedback on what people think of drastic lighting changes.
        PayBack

Comment

It's an interesting concept, and it does give some nice ideas (rooms changing color based on contents of room/playercount in the volume, timed darkening of the map based on its theme)

as for the map itsself, it's going to be impossible to play it when it goes pitch black, at least for now

Comment

Its not pitch black, I honestly dont have an idea how its going to play as Ive only ever played with myself (that sounds bad). I think with the lighting as is, you should still be able to spot players with a sharp eye, which is what I wanted. I wanted players to be able to use darkness as a weapon but not have it overpowered.

Thanks for the feedback though.
            PayBack

Comment

Originally posted by -jay- View Post
              Its not pitch black, I honestly dont have an idea how its going to play as Ive only ever played with myself (that sounds bad). I think with the lighting as is, you should still be able to spot players with a sharp eye, which is what I wanted. I wanted players to be able to use darkness as a weapon but not have it overpowered.

Thanks for the feedback though.
              Well as a CTP map it's way too opened and gives only one route pretty much :P

But as a concept on pushing dynamic environments into the maps it's great. When the layout of my map will be done I'll give an extra pass just for these sort of dynamic elements
              RASTE IN PEACE !
              Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
              Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

Working...
              X