Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIP WeaponInspect Animation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    [PROTOTYPE] WIP WeaponInspect Animation

    I've created a prototype for what I want to be a weapon inspection animation. This could also function as an idle animation if they player is afk for XX seconds. It's still a prototype and I've used the shooter hand demo FPP mesh as a placeholder since the UT project content library doesn't have a FPP skeletal mesh yet(If it does let me know, I've looked everywhere). I've posted a video below so you can see it in action. Also posted a CSGO inspect video, since that was my inspiration for this project. If this is something the community or EPIC is interested in I'll pursue creating different animations for all the weapons.

    Note: I realize the position of the camera may not be ideal, this will get sorted out, I just wanted to post something for show first before I make it perfect. If somebody knows how I can spawn as the "hands" in the video let me know. I tried creating a new gamemode and character class BP, but I keep spawning with the enforcer <.<



    Question's, critiques, feedback?

    Current Projects

    WIP: Weapon Inspect Animation: CLICK ME

    #2
    Nice, also like wall thing, that could also be another nifty feature.

    Comment


      #3
      Cool! "Nice to have" feature I'd say And you could see more details of the hopefully cool weapons.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Techies View Post
        Nice, also like wall thing, that could also be another nifty feature.
        Thanks! Actually the wall feature was just there because I couldn't figure out how to spawn as the character, lol. I wanted to show off the third person and first person view, so I put in a camera feed.


        Originally posted by Danielito View Post
        Cool! "Nice to have" feature I'd say And you could see more details of the hopefully cool weapons.
        Thank you, I think this is one of those features that doesn't impact gameplay at all and as such is a "why not" have feature. I'm working on the rocket launcher now and will upload a video of that when it's finished.
        Current Projects

        WIP: Weapon Inspect Animation: CLICK ME

        Comment


          #5
          It looks good, but maybe a bit too robotic. Try making the animation look a bit more organic, I think a good way to do this is to ensure that it's never standing completely still.
          Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

          IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

          Comment


            #6
            One issue I would bring up is that first person weapon models are different from third, they show more detail, and traditionally backfacing polys were always culled for performance reasons. So for your idea to work, performance would have to be measured with and without polygon culling to see if it is significantly impacted.

            UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
            Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
              One issue I would bring up is that first person weapon models are different from third, they show more detail, and traditionally backfacing polys were always culled for performance reasons. So for your idea to work, performance would have to be measured with and without polygon culling to see if it is significantly impacted.
              I did notice that there are two different models for both views. The FP model only has half of the weapon whereas the TP model has the entire thing. That could prove problematic, guess we'll have to see if they do the same for UT4.

              Originally posted by Archer6621 View Post
              It looks good, but maybe a bit too robotic. Try making the animation look a bit more organic, I think a good way to do this is to ensure that it's never standing completely still.
              It's far from perfect, just a proof of concept really. I put in extended animation frames in there so the person has time to look at the details of the weapon. Had it been one smooth transition from A to B then vital details would have been missed. Still, I agree my plan is to make it more organic looking as it does look quite robotic from a third person point of view.
              Current Projects

              WIP: Weapon Inspect Animation: CLICK ME

              Comment

              Working...
              X