DM-Column-Pro (WIP)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] DM-Column-Pro (WIP)

Hey guys, Billy May... ahem... CaptainMigraine here with another fantastic map

I present, DM-Column-Pro - Original Author is "Chris "2d-chris" Kay". Hijacked by CaptainMigraine in an attempt to make better and finish.

Current Version: A08 (Released 2017-05-01)

Screenshots:

Why This Map?

Simple. This map is good That's right, this map is good. It's an absolute joy to play.

Why Is this Map So Good?
    1. Hexagons.
    2. Hilarious outcomes.
    3. Replayability

What's New?
    • Death pits! - Should have some funny outcomes.
    • Grenade Launcher: - I personally really like the grenade launcher. It's a good weapon that needs some more love.
    • Enforcer with Enforcer Ammo - Should make fragging opponents as they lift jump for the belt more interesting.
    • Glass - Improves your ability to track opponents throughout the map.
    • Improved Graphics - High poly meshes without too much distraction are being added
    • Visual Clarity - Ability to see blue and red players easily.
    Changelog:
    Version A08 (2017-05-01)
    1. Added a super awesome lift mesh for the basement.
    2. Made each basement even more dangerous.
    3. Added an alternative, super cool, super high poly column mesh (to be used sparingly).

Version A07 (2017-04-27)
    1. Fixed some collisions
    2. Redid the lighting and outside environment so that it's darker. The sky is now more red, and the clouds are purple.
    3. Decreased overall brightness of map.
    4. Decreased brightness of lower floors to increase contrast separation.

Version A06 (2017-04-27)
    1. Improved Lighting
    2. More static meshes
    3. Added a second basement with grenade launcher and vials
    4. Super awesome outside environment
    Known Bugs & Problems:
    1. Unoptimized static meshes means higher than necessary poly count, unfinished textures, etc.

Download:

Version A08 (2017-05-01)

OLD Versions:
    Version A07 (2017-04-27)
    Version A06 (2017-04-27)
    Version A02 (2017-04-25)
    Version A01 (2017-04-25)
    Last edited by Neilz0r; 05-01-2017, 05:34 PM.
    Contact me: (Steam: Neillithan) (E-mail: neilvmoore@gmail.com)

I played around on this last night, really digging the art direction with this one. Cant wait to see it all finished. Also i wanna play some elimination on this tonight, should be tons of fun.
    PayBack

Comment

CaptainMigraine I agree with everything you just said, but fun has been prohibited in FPS for the last decade, I feel so shameful.... What can I do?

Comment

Good to see you back on CaptainMigraine! Nice to see you still feel the pressure to perform & thanks for the map!
        LoPing
        Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Wow is a cool Map i hope Chris and Epic make the Final Map to a official Map vrom UT

Comment

New version released.

Comment

I think the sky adds some much needed color separation, but I think it detracts from the sci-fi, dark tone. Photoshopped this image to see if I can come up with something that fits. Curious what anyone thinks.

Last edited by Neilz0r; 04-27-2017, 05:51 PM.

Comment

That looks great Captain! Do you think you could add a few columns out into the scenery? I think that would make the column arena in the middle of the ocean seem a bit more relevant and not out of place in the environment.

Comment

Originally posted by Prodigy613 View Post
                  That looks great Captain! Do you think you could add a few columns out into the scenery? I think that would make the column arena in the middle of the ocean seem a bit more relevant and not out of place in the environment.
                  Oh trust me, a whole outside environment is coming.

Comment

Plays very well as always with columns. Fun! Thanks for bringing it back.

Please let me know once uploaded to some live server so that I can try with people.

Documented bug:
                    Missing collission on following two columns.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	DM-Columns-Pro-1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	266.2 KB ID:	385575 - There is a 100 armor and shock where the bot is standing and I believe there is a 25 health behind me
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	DM-Columns-Pro-2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	277.7 KB ID:	385576- I am standing at shock looking down towards link

Undocumented bug - Stay on shock and look towards 100 armor and then walk to RL on right. Just before you hit RL, there are about 4 elevators down there on your left hand side. → When you somehow (no idea how) lift jump one of them, it blows you up terribly high. It happened both to a bot and also to me by accident - no idea how, sorry.

Also I loaded up latest Absolute Elimination with bots (4v4) and first round was no problem (I was killed) but 2nd and every following round I couldn't play - I just spectated my team mates. Gave up after 3rd round.

Comment

Originally posted by Prodigy613 View Post
                      Like there are not enough columns already lol, it's even the title of the map. I believe leaving the skybox empty would be a nice wink to UT99
                      RASTE IN PEACE !
                      Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
                      Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

Originally posted by Raste View Post

Like there are not enough columns already lol, it's even the title of the map. I believe leaving the skybox empty would be a nice wink to UT99
                        Sarcasm Rating:

Originally posted by Rainmaker_CZ
                        Missing collission on following two columns.
                        Fixed in V A07

Stay on shock and look towards 100 armor and then walk to RL on right. Just before you hit RL, there are about 4 elevators down there on your left hand side. → When you somehow (no idea how) lift jump one of them, it blows you up terribly high. It happened both to a bot and also to me by accident - no idea how, sorry.
                        Someone will have to consult epic on that one. I believe "generic_lift" BP is to blame. I'm using a modified generic lift, tho that should have no influence on that bug.

Also I loaded up latest Absolute Elimination with bots (4v4) and first round was no problem (I was killed) but 2nd and every following round I couldn't play - I just spectated my team mates. Gave up after 3rd round.
                        Is it unplayable because there are so many lifts and the gameplay is chaotic, or is there a different reason? The map is intended to be a fun, non competitive map. Basically 100% for the "lols".

Comment

Thanks for A07 kind sir!
                          LoPing
                          Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainMigraine View Post
                            Is it unplayable because there are so many lifts and the gameplay is chaotic, or is there a different reason? The map is intended to be a fun, non competitive map. Basically 100% for the "lols".
                            Sorry, I didn't express myself properly.

It means I will not be allowed to spawn. It just jumps straight to spectate mode. I was only able/allowed to play first round.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainmaker_CZ View Post
                              Sorry, I didn't express myself properly.

It means I will not be allowed to spawn. It just jumps straight to spectate mode. I was only able/allowed to play first round.
                              Oh, hmmm.. I don't know. I'll have to look into that.

Originally posted by DutchSmoke View Post
                              Thanks for A07 kind sir!
                              No problem, man!

Comment

Working...
                              X