X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Guyver1 View Post
    belt is 150 yeah?
    Yup, belt is 150 with the first 50 being 100% absorption and the other 100 being 50% iirc.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    cheers for that
    Yeah I posted the update to unrealpugs last night when it went live

belt is 150 yeah?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I only ran around it on my own but it seems really good mate, by far the best campgrounds remake I've played in UT4. You should contact the guys on unreal pugs and see if you can get it uploaded to their hubs.

What I would say is you should consider switching the 100a for belt and putting the 100a at the 50a
    Last edited by w)v; 05-20-2017, 03:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    !! UPDATED !!
    19/05

alpha v05
    Massive update!
    totally rebuilt with improved scaling, symmetry and textures.
    LOTS of wall running options

Download link as always at the top.

https://imgur.com/gallery/hbREW if you prefer your screenshots on imgur

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Started building a new slightly larger version of the map next to the existing one as an exercise in scaling options.

Will possibly release v05 with the ability to teleport between both so you can play in both at the same time and see how one compares to the other (may also show whether the existing one is suited to Duel only or just too small and tight regardless of player count.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    if it still feels cramped, let me know and i'll start looking at resizing bits of it. (have a few ideas already)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the v04, Guyver1!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Neat, I've been waiting for this one.

I remember doing a port of DM-Campgrounds-G1E (the one the people remember as "the one with the annoying music") by using one of the conversion tools that were available back on the early days of this game.
    It came with many challenges (it didn't convert any of the jumppads, pickups or stair elements) and had to be re-scaled to accommodate with the new movement system.
    I'm feeling better about this, now that the original author is back at it. With my limited experience, I couldn't really do it justice. Looking forward to see this completed, I'm going to host this on my HUB as well.
    Last edited by FrostbyteGR; 05-14-2017, 08:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UPDATE 14th May:
    alpha v04
    BRAND NEW AREA! (flash of inspiration from what Epic did with Deck16 and opened a new route) ### possibly very controversial!! ###
    Added concave wallrun area's coloured yellow to spice up options to and from the 100 armor and sniper ledge.
    Modified the basic lighting somewhat.
    added different colouring to pillars to give some depth and break the colouring up slightly.
    still experimenting with "to roof or not to roof", currently roof.

DOWNLOAD:
    All iterations & screenshots are available here - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-...WNmX2FPM0pPcVk

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Very experimental 'flash of inspiration' coming in v04 on the weekend. Personally I think its a stroke of genius! But it could be the most hated thing ever!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Updated to alpha v03

DOWNLOAD:

alpha v03 map and screenshots:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-...VAxdG9mNlJtZlk
    .pak MD5 - 698e8dc735a0c68aed12cd888aa26a73

alpha v03
    Experimenting with roof
    Modified udamage area jump-pad so its easier to wall dodge away and land on the upper floor.
    Blocking volume added to udamage main area roof hole

Leave a comment:

• replied
    We played it 1v1 and with 3-5 on and it was just a preliminary response to having played it a few times.
    I'll be the first to admit that plenty of small 1v1 maps started out feeling constricted when first played, only to endup highly enjoyable the more it's played.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just so I don't scale up the whole map unnecessarily:

What was the player count?
    Was it specific area's that felt tight or the whole map in general? (was this due to crampness of movement or the feeling that you were immediately in a firefight upon spawn with no escape?)
    Have you tested it 1v1? (might not require scaling for 1v1, only for DM/TDM)

Cheers for your assistance with this, much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Overall well recieved! The only thing most agree on is the scale, it does feel abit too tight, maybe a 4-5% increase would do the trick also don't forget to block off the roof. Keep up the good work!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cheers, feedback on the flow would be appreciated.
    Yeah I've seen the other version. It appears that one is going in a different direction totally to mine.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X