DM-RussianRoulette (Duel)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] DM-RussianRoulette (Duel)

I agree that this content constitutes a Submission under the Unreal Engine EULA ( https://www.unrealengine.com/eula ).

DM-RussianRoulette

Update 29.05.2017:

Download: https://redirect.mpforums.com/ut4/us...wsNoEditor.pak

Changes:
    - I moved the small health packs more to the center, to make it a little riskier to get them.
    - There is now some environment outside.
    - Every starting point has now differntly tinted glass windows, fitting the weapon in the room.

There a still details I need to get right, especially with the lighting. Gameplaywise I think this map is finished.

Here are some updated screenshots:

Update 22.05.2017:

Recooked with the latest build

Download: (outdated)

Changes:
    - Medium health packs instead of small ones on top of the stairs.
    - Lighting
    - Some fixing of the architecture

There are still some things I need to do, like replacing the last brushes with static meshes and adding some environment behind the windows (so far I only placed some trees).

Also I have some questions about lighting, if someone could help me or point me to a tutorial to fix this that would be great:

1. I get the error message "Lightmap UV are overlapping by 50.0%." for a mesh I use quite a lot, for example right above all the torches, it stays completely dark.
    2. When I first placed the torches next to the pillars, they threw a nice detailed shadow, but after building the lighting they are just blurry spots. I increased the Light Map Resolution of the pillars from 32 to 128, but it didn't change.

Thanks in advance!
    Jules

Original Post:

The idea:
    Every player starts in a seperate room, in each room there is one of six weapons. With this weapon the player has to face his opponent in the main hall.
    It depends on your luck what you get, you have to make the best of it. Additionally, there is a Rocket Launcher in the middle of the main hall.
    There are six starting points, that's why I found the name Russion Roulette quite fitting.

Most of the meshes and materials are taken from the UE demo environment "Sun Temple". Other meshes are taken from DM Chill and others.

To-Do List:
    Finetuning the lighting. I think the torches are a bit too orange right now, some other places I would like darker or lighter.
    Finding better materials for some meshes.
    Creating some custom static meshes, for example for the ceilings in the starting rooms.

This is my first attempt at creating a map using almost only static meshes, so there are probably many things to optimize I am not even aware of.

Feedback on everything is very much apprecheated!!!

Cheers,
    Jules
    Last edited by juma_c; 05-29-2017, 09:10 AM.

Good to see you back at it juma_c! & thanks for sharing your works with us! Loaded onto the LoPing Arena for your enjoyment.
    Last edited by ÐutchSmºke; 05-15-2017, 11:22 AM.
    LoPing
    Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

This is a really nice map thanks for sharing
      the only few nitpicks i have would be that the back of the staircase needs a smothing group, the hole in the center of the map needs to be emumanted with something so people knows its a hole and not just a black spot on the floor :P, and i would put health packs a the top of the stairs instead of viles i think there called medium health from memory but othere wise this is a really good map and a good use of the demo assets

Comment

Thank you DutchSmoke, it's good to be back! And thanks for the upload!

Thanks for your feedback, MobCat! You're right about the stairs, can I apply a smoothing group in the editor? The lighting in the hole is one of the things I still have to finetune. I will try the health packs on top of the stairs!

Comment

Update 22.05.2017:

Recooked with the latest build

Changes:
          - Medium health packs instead of small ones on top of the stairs.
          - Lighting
          - Some fixing of the architecture

There are still some things I need to do, like replacing the last brushes with static meshes and adding some environment behind the windows (so far I only placed some trees).

Also I have some questions about lighting, if someone could help me or point me to a tutorial to fix this that would be great:

1. I get the error message "Lightmap UV are overlapping by 50.0%." for a mesh I use quite a lot, for example right above all the torches, it stays completely dark.
          2. When I first placed the torches next to the pillars, they threw a nice detailed shadow, but after building the lighting they are just blurry spots. I increased the Light Map Resolution of the pillars from 32 to 128, but it didn't change.

Thanks in advance!
          Jules

Comment

Thank you kind sir!
            LoPing

Comment

Update 29.05.2017:

Changes:
              - I moved the small health packs more to the center, to make it a little riskier to get them.
              - Every starting point has now differntly tinted glass windows, fitting the weapon in the room.

There a still details I need to get right, especially with the lighting. Gameplaywise I think this map is finished.

Comment

Originally posted by juma_c View Post
                Update 29.05.2017:

Changes:

Thank you for the update juma_c! The maps been overall well recieved! Be sure to check out the my replays. (You might want to close off the roof, or add another area ontop to frag as well?
                LoPing

Comment

Working...
                X