Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] DM-Hackfire 1v1

Working title

Tight fast duel as usual. DM ok with 3 players.

Some lighting tricks with channels to help visibility on a very dark map. Give it a spin and let me know.

https://utcc.unrealpugs.com/map/449-DM-Hackfire

Basic gameplay (with bots) :

Last edited by the_hack; 06-18-2018, 03:33 AM.
    Maps: DM-Dying_Sun WIP & DM-TokaraSwamp
    www.shockandrockets.com

Really enjoyed the concept

Comment

Appreciate the addition to your collection kind sir. I don't know about the ok for 3 though, replays will reveal.

Comment

lol dutchsmoke you know how to abuse a map.

I rebuild this one with a slightly larger scale but tighter layout - and simpler geometry. I'm after comments on the meta game and how placements could be swapped/ tweak to create something unique (Optimising for duel. ). The two things I'd like to keep as constants are the 100 and 150a positions. smaller armors and weapons and some geometry can be moved. I'm not really happy with the small armor area although I do like thigh pads. I will also be moving the health near shield away from the middle of the map to the other side of shield.

On the lighting, I've lit the level similarly to Dying sun, making it a sister map of a kind, especially in that the standard path-size is half (DS is 1000 wide Hackfire is 500). The only lighting in most of the level comes from emissive strips on the floor. It was build with very emissive material and then replaced it before pakking.

www.shockandrockets.com

Comment

Thank you kindly for the b01! I just tend to stress test maps some.
          I'll be take'n a closer look at this rebuild.
          I did come across an issue on the map posting:
          Code:
          PIE:Warning: Warning AttachTo: '/Game/the_hack/DM-Hackfire-b01.DM-Hackfire-b01:PersistentLevel.UTDroppedPickup_244/695.Capsule' cannot be attached to itself. Aborting.
          It does feel alot better with regard to space! Frags to follow.
          Last edited by ÐutchSmºke; 05-23-2018, 01:10 PM. Reason: Map PIE warnings

Comment

Thanks @ÐutchSmºke. I really have designed this for 1v1 or at most 3 man dm or 2v2. I'm sure it would seem very broken otherwise. b04 is out and adds a low route through the map that makes it feel a lot bigger
            www.shockandrockets.com

Comment

So I broke from my traditional mayhem to actually do a 1v1 and it was good with just a few points needing attention as you'll notice in the (latest)replay.
              Weapon placement seems set and the overall speed of the map felt nice.
              Thanks for the b04! I'll be loading it up shortly or maybe not..
              The map's spam'n the error log from launch with:
              Code:
              [2018.05.24-21.41.42:617][ 57]LogSpawn:Warning: SpawnActor failed because of collision at the spawn location [X=134.656 Y=79.013 Z=236.000] for [DefaultCharacter_C]
              [2018.05.24-21.41.42:618][ 57]LogGameMode:Warning: Couldn't spawn Pawn of type DefaultCharacter_C at Rotation: 0.000000 -0.000000 0.000000 1.000000
              Translation: 54.656277 79.012604 208.000000
              Scale3D: 1.000000 1.000000 1.000000
              I hope this helps!
              Last edited by ÐutchSmºke; 05-24-2018, 08:44 AM. Reason: Spam launch

Comment

Hmmm thanks. We’ve been playing without issue and honestly I don’t check logs. Maybe it was skipping a spawn. But I’ll investigte for next.
                www.shockandrockets.com

Comment

Significantly changed from earlier alphas! Was prematurely in Beta for a few weeks but feeling very good about the map right now.dl at link in op

Last edited by the_hack; 06-18-2018, 05:03 AM.
                  www.shockandrockets.com

Comment

Thank you for the update! Like'n the space added! Frags to follow!

Comment

Working...
                    X