Clear All

DM-Akar, Beta 1

Download: Final map
    Players: 2 - 4
    Version: Beta 1
    Released: 29-09-2018
    WinMD5: n/a

Story / Histoire:

Akar Industries, a rival company of Liandri Corp, has recruited you for your exploits as an experienced fighter. This wastewater treatment plant serves as a practice for newcomers. The environment provides close and long distance fights. You owe it to yourself to be skillful, quick and precise. Terrace your opponents and be the pride of Akar Industries!

Akar Industries, une entreprise rivale de Liandri Corp, t’a recruté pour tes exploits en tant que combattant expérimenté. Cette usine de traitement des eaux usées sert de pratique pour les nouveaux venus. L’environnement procure des affrontements à proximité et à distance. Tu te dois d’être habile, rapide et précis. Terrasse tes opposants et soit la fierté d’Akar Industries!

Final WIP pics

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Beta pics

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Alpha pics

Details:

Akar layout and pickups placement are coming from my UT3 level, DM-Mako L2. It's a small DM for 1on1 match, at max 2on2. It's not a remake. I inspired myself on my older map to create something completely new. The scale is adjusted to UT4 gameplay. Most pickups are at the same location as the original.

Dev:

Final 1.0 WIP

- Additional meshing here and there.
    - Ambient sounds added.
    - Custom barrels added.
    - Custom decals added.
    - Custom dust particles added.
    - Custom fog sheets added.
    - Custom lift added.
    - Custom smoke and steam particles added.
    - Custom vent effect added.
    - Preview pic added.
    - Refine lighting, materials, bv's, etc.
    - Speedup the lift near the small armor (1.0 by default and reduce to 0.6).
    - Story added.
    - Tweak all meshes collisions.
    - Tweak the playerstarts.

Beta 1

- Basic lighting, fog and post process added.
    - Basic meshing (stock meshes + 18 custom meshes).
    - Basic blocking volume.
    - Custom water particles added.
    - Music added.

Alpha 1

First release.

Credits:

ÐutchSmºke, the_hack for their feedback
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Stevelois; 11-15-2018, 10:57 AM.
    Stevie's corner Maps, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta Links, All UT4 CTF custom maps, All UT4 remakes, UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Merci kind sir! A real pleasure to see you remake'n these maps for us to test out!
    The 8.1MB actually made me LOL, loaded onto the LPA for your enjoyment.
    Last edited by ÐutchSmºke; 07-09-2018, 04:01 PM. Reason: loaded

Comment

Ha ha , yep, sharing a 8 MB map is not in my habbit! But its a alpha so...
      Have fun m8
      Stevie's corner Maps, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta Links, All UT4 CTF custom maps, All UT4 remakes, UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

And fun it is! Imagine DM-Delta on this pak size.. we'd all be playing UT on android before long.
        I'm abit in limbo as to the scale which feels ever so slightly too big, granted once in it's industrial meshed state this could be taken care of. It just felt abit OP'd with Snipe,LG and across the map shots. As much as I love that, it does off-balance the map some.
        Thanks again! Have fun with the replays!

Comment

I look at the replays available, it's all stock maps or others maps, none of my maps are listed? I really don't know how to access those replay, sadly Or no one is playing my maps?

Comment

Odd indeed Steve, I'm seeing your maps inbetween the stock maps, albeit sporadically. Sent you a pm.

Comment

Hey Steve. I feel like this map would work better with more cover, and reduced scale. That is all!
              Maps: DM-Dying_Sun WIP & DM-TokaraSwamp
              www.shockandrockets.com

Comment

ÐutchSmºke

Hey m8, I'v copy/paste your name to add you in my friend list but don't see you?

the_hack

Suggestions plz???

Comment

Check your Inbox Steve, sent you some details.
                  Last edited by ÐutchSmºke; 07-17-2018, 02:15 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Yep, I saw many vids available, saw a couple of them and I must say that your a very good player m8, far better than me

Comment

Glad you enjoyed them! I'm only good because of the killer works mappers like yourself put out for the community to enjoy & play!
                      BiGUp for the addition and feel free to drop in anytime!

Comment

THX m8

And, next release will be a beta. Therefore I don't know when...

Comment

I think just breaking LOS with structures to fight around in the middle of the open areas would help a lot. Think the courtyard in chill I guess, but that's a basic example and I'm sure you can be more creative. Those larger areas are the basic locations for engagement. Also maybe chocking a bit more between them? Let me try it out again before you take that too seriously though, I'll get back to you with a vid. Is it meant to be a deathmatch map primarily?
                          Last edited by the_hack; 08-09-2018, 10:23 PM.
                          Maps: DM-Dying_Sun WIP & DM-TokaraSwamp
                          www.shockandrockets.com

Comment

Well, this is a 1on1 to 2on2 map. Far LOS is good in this case because you have to be accurate, precise in your aiming to make damage.

Both UT99 and my UT3 versions have that lsame LOS since it's focusing on duel. But, still, I'm open to suggestions

Also, the visuals are so ugly, it doesn't help lol!

Comment

I've made a significant progress since A1 To download B1, check the OP.

For the extremely limited feedback I've received for the Alpha, it is time to go for the Beta. The gameplay is fast and very good and I'm happy about it.

The most difficult is to mesh the map simply because the Industrial meshes aren't available yet So the map is built mainly from plane meshes and pillars with few pipes. I've tried my best to make it look great using many custom industrial materials. My goal for Beta 1 was to get rid of the stock block meshes. I'm working hard to make this level look great and different so, it's long way to go before releasing the Release Candidate version but at least the play area as now been meshed and as a offline players, I like playing level that look at least descent, this is why B1 is available to you

Comment

Working...
                              X