• started a topic DM-Akar, Beta 1

DM-Akar, Beta 1

Download: Final map
    Players: 2 - 4
    Version: Beta 1
    Released: 29-09-2018
    WinMD5: n/a

Story / Histoire:

Akar Industries, a rival company of Liandri Corp, has recruited you for your exploits as an experienced fighter. This wastewater treatment plant serves as a practice for newcomers. The environment provides close and long distance fights. You owe it to yourself to be skillful, quick and precise. Terrace your opponents and be the pride of Akar Industries!

Akar Industries, une entreprise rivale de Liandri Corp, t’a recruté pour tes exploits en tant que combattant expérimenté. Cette usine de traitement des eaux usées sert de pratique pour les nouveaux venus. L’environnement procure des affrontements à proximité et à distance. Tu te dois d’être habile, rapide et précis. Terrasse tes opposants et soit la fierté d’Akar Industries!

Final WIP pics

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Beta pics

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Alpha pics

Details:

Akar layout and pickups placement are coming from my UT3 level, DM-Mako L2. It's a small DM for 1on1 match, at max 2on2. It's not a remake. I inspired myself on my older map to create something completely new. The scale is adjusted to UT4 gameplay. Most pickups are at the same location as the original.

Dev:

Final 1.0 WIP

- Additional meshing here and there.
    - Ambient sounds added.
    - Custom barrels added.
    - Custom decals added.
    - Custom dust particles added.
    - Custom fog sheets added.
    - Custom lift added.
    - Custom smoke and steam particles added.
    - Custom vent effect added.
    - Preview pic added.
    - Refine lighting, materials, bv's, etc.
    - Speedup the lift near the small armor (1.0 by default and reduce to 0.6).
    - Story added.
    - Tweak all meshes collisions.
    - Tweak the playerstarts.

Beta 1

- Basic lighting, fog and post process added.
    - Basic meshing (stock meshes + 18 custom meshes).
    - Basic blocking volume.
    - Custom water particles added.
    - Music added.

Alpha 1

First release.

Credits:

ÐutchSmºke, the_hack for their feedback
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Stevelois; 11-15-2018, 10:57 AM.

• replied
    I do not think that in 2018, 300 - 500 MB maps is an issue if players want to play highly detailed levels. Even stock maps are pretty huge.

PLZ, leave your comment in the final thread if you intent to post your feedback, THX

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've upped for further testing, but nearly 400mb is a hard ask of most players!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Final 1.0 available right here.

Have fun

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hé hé

You know, I like your humour very much my friend

I'm uploading the final version right now and trying to make the video (the sequencer isn't working at it should...). It should be ready later today, yaaay!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks onto you for your prominent dedication to quality maps monsieur!
    You mappers can sure make some sweet lemonade!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    THX for your constant support m8!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    A crisp and clean update yet again! I especially like the lights in the glass on the pillars and look forward to the 1.0.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The next version will be the final 1.0 since releasing another pre-final version won't making any sense.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Lot's of progress was made since B1 I've update the OP so you can enjoy the progress

It's nice to see the overall map progress by taking pics on the same areas since A1.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ha, ok, I understand.

No worries, all my maps have a story, I just didn't think about it yet

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Lore would be the story/facts surrounding the map with regard to the Unreal connaissance. Reference on this matter can be found here.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cool

But what do you mean by lore?? Sorry, my English isn't that good

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome! It's looking good with the wall lights!
    We hope you're thinking up some lore for it as well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X