• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-LFast

Name: DM-LFast

Author: Avnox

Size: 8-12 players.

Music: "Iron Man - Driving With the Top Down Guitar Cover" by 94Stones -- credited within the map as well (computer screens).

Description: DM-Legacy, simplified to Fast-Download complexity and filesize. And there's lava.

Filesize: 42.5MB

Original Release Date: 12 July 2018

Current Version Release Date: 17 July 2018

Version: v3 (adapted from Legacy v18, the fine tuning of which is still ongoing)

Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yc...dkNaV42GFR1jdS

Feedback is welcome -- please let me know how I can improve

Click image for larger version  Name:	Pic1.png Views:	1 Size:	598.2 KB ID:	401379Click image for larger version  Name:	Pic2.png Views:	1 Size:	632.2 KB ID:	401380Click image for larger version  Name:	Pic3.png Views:	1 Size:	599.6 KB ID:	401381Click image for larger version  Name:	Pic4.png Views:	1 Size:	597.5 KB ID:	401382

Changelist:
    v1: 7-12-18
    - Released to forums
    - Minor tweaks to the structure of the map.

v2: 7-16-18
    - Improved the lift's SFX
    - Improved the bots' usage of the lift
    - Made lift not have a space underneith it, otherwise bots get trapped. Attempts to attach a pain volume (or anything, actually) to the bottom of the lift were unsuccessful
    - Lowered the filesize drastically
    - Removed music until I can fix the override issue (it also fits with the spirit of fast-download maps, which did not have music, as I recall
    - Fixed collision on the center-room ceiling pipe
    - Adjusted some minor level geometry to better allow for player navigation
    - Fixed in-game map description
    - Adjusted one of the player lineups to not be obscured by the environment
    - Updated the in-game thumbnail pic
    - Minor tweaks to the structure of the map
    - Minorly improved some materials
    - Fixed the pre-match camera
    - Adjusted the minimap regions
    - Removed Depth-of-Field
    - Diminished fog

v3: 7-17-18
    - Streamlined the collision on stairs and similar objects to improve player navigation, especially when dodging toward stairs to slide
    - Added music back in. The overlap and priority issues seem to be resolved. The volume has been reduced to be more in line with the rest of the UT music.

Known issues:
    - Some materials like the wood don't seem to load as quickly as they should.
    Last edited by AvnoxOfficial; 07-17-2018, 09:39 PM.

Niceness AvnoxOfficial! Thank you for the map!

Comment

Updated to v2c -- down from 123MB to 41MB. I think this is where I will leave it for now, unless a problem arises.

Patch Notes: 7-13-18
      - Improved the lift's SFX
      - Improved the bots' usage of the lift
      - Made lift not have a space underneith it, otherwise bots get trapped. Attempts to attach a pain volume (or anything, actually) to the bottom of the lift were unsuccessful
      - Lowered the filesize drastically
      - Removed music until I can fix the override issue (it also fits with the spirit of fast-download maps, which did not have music, as I recall
      - Fixed collision on the center-room ceiling pipe
      - Adjusted some minor level geometry to better allow for player navigation
      - Fixed in-game map description
      - Adjusted one of the player lineups to not be obscured by the environment
      - Updated the in-game thumbnail pic
      - Minor tweaks to the structure of the map
      - Minorly improved some materials
      - Fixed the pre-match camera
      - Adjusted the minimap regions

Known issues:
      - The wood may not fully load very fast
      Last edited by AvnoxOfficial; 07-17-2018, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Apologies if anyone has downloaded the map since v2 was released -- there's was a small sequence of issues I had to work through. All is resolved now, to the best of my knowledge, and v2c should be a stable and server-ready map. If there are any problems, please do not hesitate to let me know

Comment

No worries mon, BiGUp yourself for the quick fix! 40.1MB is awesome. Loaded on to the LoPing Arena for your enjoyment.
          Don't forget to check the replays of your works! and your InBox.
          Last edited by ÐutchSmºke; 07-13-2018, 05:39 PM. Reason: PM sent

Comment

HI @AvnoxOfficial.

The layout is really interesting and fun, and the overall scale feels right too.

One thing, you could lower the fog/blurriness in the map a bit. It immediately caught my attention, when starting the map.

Greetz from Austria

WIP - Maps (UT - Build 0.1.12.1): https://goo.gl/v8ze8Y
            Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/barsam2a

Comment

Oh, you're right. I forgot to deal with the blurriness, which isn't needed since there isn't a scene beyond the playable area. I still want to keep a bit of fog, but I'll reduce it.

Comment

Great! Looking forward to the next version
                WIP - Maps (UT - Build 0.1.12.1): https://goo.gl/v8ze8Y
                Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/barsam2a

Comment

Updated to v2d

Patch Notes: 7-16-18
                  - Removed Depth-of-Field
                  - Diminished fog

Comment

Thanks for the V2D Avnox!

Comment

Updated to v3

Patch Notes: 7-17-18
                      - Streamlined the collision on stairs and similar objects to improve player navigation, especially when dodging toward stairs to slide
                      - Added music back in. The overlap and priority issues seem to be resolved. The volume has been reduced to be more in line with the rest of the UT music.

Known issues:
                      - Some materials like the wood don't seem to load as quickly as they should.

This should be the final update for a while -- it seems to be in a very stable state again. If any issues come up, please don't hesitate to let me know. I'm leaving this notice here so you don't have to worry that it will be updated again within the next 24 hours.
                      Last edited by AvnoxOfficial; 07-17-2018, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AvnoxOfficial View Post
                        Updated to v3
                        Patch Notes: 7-17-18..
                        ..I'm leaving this notice here so you don't have to worry that it will be updated again within the next 24 hours.
                        I for one am, relieved with the 24hr pause, allowing for some playtime(days) on the map.
                        BiGUp for the v3!

Comment

Working...
                        X