No announcement yet.

WIP DM-Retro2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the screenshots! This looks like some of the reflective water decals aren't getting rendered properly. I'm thinking it could be some missing textures? (I'm using stock assets from the game) Maybe try doing a repair? or tweaking some of the graphical settings? Otherwise, I'm not sure why you are getting this right now :\ But, I'll try to see if there is something I can do about it on my end. Thanks again for taking the time to report it to me.

You can absolutely dodge that angled wall to get to the yellow pad. And also rocket jump to the UDamage, though that can be costly.

When practicing the UDamage jump, aim for the pillar on the right. Notice also where I placed the rocket pack on the floor underneath is roughly where you're gonna be landing on the platform above. It's a tricky one at first, keep doing it to get the timing right with the lift.

Comment

Don't worry about the render issue. It's a Linux problem. Anything other than the default texture is hit and miss whether the shader will be translated properly for OpenGL. I only pointed to it because, at first, I was assuming the entire map had the default texture.
      No one sees what tomorrow knows.

Comment

Ok, Thank you for clearing that up! You probably saved me from a few headaches xD

Comment

Here's some footage of the new changes. Hope you guys like it so far. Couple more tweaks and tests to get done and then I'll publish v2.

Cheers
          Onikage.

Comment

v2 is up on my Gdrive! Keep in mind this is still just a shell and missing many details to the picture. Hope you guys like it so far. Stay tuned for v2.1!

I may also have another layout to share which is a little more true to the original design before I start meshing on R2. We'll see.

I'm also gonna look at editing some more focused footage of the different maneuvers you can do around the level. So keep the youtube subs coming!

Thanks again for all the great feedback and comments you guys have given me so far! They've been a great help and I sincerely appreciate it.

Hope you can have some fun with v2!

Cheers!
            Onikage.

Edit: Pak updated! Make sure you have the latest build. Thank you for playing!
            Last edited by Onikage.; 03-08-2019, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the update Onikage.!
              LoPing
              Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

You are very welcome, sir! Thank you for hosting all the great content this community produces!

Comment

Here's some new footage demoing some of the tricks you can do in the level. Hope you guys like this! v2-01 coming up!

Thank you for watching!

Cheers!
                  Onikage.

Comment

Progress indeed! Keep it Up!
                    LoPing

Comment

Originally posted by ÐutchSmºke View Post
                      Progress indeed! Keep it Up!
                      Thanks! I'm glad you like how this is shaping up.

v2-01 is now up on my Gdrive!

The most noticeable changes include a new path to the enforcer, added visual cues near the lifts and all around tweaks on the lighting.

I'll upload more footage of it soon.

Hope you guys like this.

Thank you for playing!

Cheers!
                      Onikage.
                      Last edited by Onikage.; 04-06-2019, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the update Onikage.!
                        LoPing

Comment

You're welcome ÐutchSmºke! The pak was updated recently so make sure you guys have the latest build. Thanks again for playing!

Comment

Roger that, relocked & loaded onto the LPA.
                            LoPing

Comment

Thanks! I really appreciate your support ÐutchSmºke!
                              I'll try to free up some time from my projects to step onto the Loping arena for some good ol fraggin with you guys.

I just re-uploaded the demo in 720p for those interested.

Also updated the pak again to solve a few issues I caught with the navmesh while watching some replays. This should be the last shell update I post for R2. Unless I come up with something else later that changes the gameplay significantly. Hope you guys liked my updates.

Speaking of replays... I've been trying to find yours Ðutch but nothing comes up when I search for a player's ID. The only ones I've managed to watch so far were from the list of recent replays. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if that feature is currently not working?

Anyway, in the words of T-101...
                              I'll be back! xD

Cheers!
                              Onikage.

Edit: Also up on UTCC https://utcc.unrealpugs.com/map/921-DM-Retro2
                              Last edited by Onikage.; 04-17-2019, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Just played a full match of Elimination on this beauty, and I must say.. This is an extremely fun and well thought out map design. It's a pretty big map, so anything short of 5v5 isn't ideal. 1 - 16 players sounds like a good, well rounded player ratio. Any chance you're planning on slapping assets on this map to make it official?

All in all, well done. 10/10 for the layout. Keep up the good work and hope to see more of you in the future!

Comment

Working...
                                X