WIP DM-Retro2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThotSlayer9OOO View Post
    Just played a full match of Elimination on this beauty, and I must say.. This is an extremely fun and well thought out map design. It's a pretty big map, so anything short of 5v5 isn't ideal. 1 - 16 players sounds like a good, well rounded player ratio. Any chance you're planning on slapping assets on this map to make it official?

All in all, well done. 10/10 for the layout. Keep up the good work and hope to see more of you in the future!
    Thank you! I appreciate your comment very much and I'm really glad you had a good time on it!

I'm currently optimizing it to lower file size and make it a bit faster to download. Also working on a different version of the layout, closer to the original design of 2k4 but, you should be able to spot the influence R2 had on it.

I'm definitely considering to mesh this in the future, especially if it picks up and gets popular.

Thanks again for playing!

Here's a new demo I recently uploaded on my channel...

Hope you like it.

Cheers!
    Onikage.
    Last edited by Onikage.; 05-05-2019, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Just to let you guys on here know the shell was updated again. So if you liked the older versions, make sure you check out the newer one that's up on UTCC! *also available on my Gdrive as usual.

https://utcc.unrealpugs.com/map/921-DM-Retro2

Here's the latest footage up on my youtube channel

Thank you for watching!

Comment

Huge increase in map traversal options. Very nice indeed.
        No one sees what tomorrow knows.

Comment

Originally posted by darkskyabove View Post
          Huge increase in map traversal options. Very nice indeed.
          Thanks! I'm glad you like it! Thanks again also for suggesting the 2nd pair of boots! Really appreciate your help! darkskyabove

Comment

Ran it with lowgrav (both stock & LowGravTweaked mutator I might've picked up on Naraya's sniper hub) and ProMode 1.64; spacing is sweet! Tons of long (dodge) jumps have multiple alternate paths in case you need to duck incoming fire. Dodge jumps even effective in key spots around bottom level, though not as many options as on high. All those short walls scattered about can be used to interrupt your trajectory for the 'old drop on their' head maneuver. Flak From Above...

Comment

Thanks for playing it! You've just made my day, again! Really appreciate your feedback! I added you on the Epic games launcher.

Comment

Linux has no UT Social functionality so I can't reciprocate friend requests.

Looks like you forgot to put the Minigun in, or forgot to take out the ammo (4?).

Low Grav shenanigans are lit! I changed my movement settings to turn off all three dodge-related toggles. (I leave on the crouch = slide if moving toggle.) I use RDFG for direction which allows me to use my pinky resting on x for dodge (and z for crouch). By launching from a high spot I'm able to chain together wall dodges by pinky-tapping x and fly around the map in interesting ways.

Comment

Originally posted by darkskyabove View Post
                  Linux has no UT Social functionality so I can't reciprocate friend requests.
                  Np!

The minigun is near the bridge in the center, just underneath the berserker (shown at 0:22). I didn't add the stinger though...

Comment

Turned off ProMode and Minigun was where it should be.

Comment

Working...
                    X