X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started a topic [PROTOTYPE] WIP DM-Retro2

WIP DM-Retro2

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIJ...u9L4irQ/videos

So I've been working on this baby for a little while and I thought it was time to show it off a bit before I start set dressing. Hope you guys like it so far. Feel free to leave me your comments and suggestions if you see anything I can improve on.

Cheers
    Onikage.

/Game/DM-Retro2-v2-01
    C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UnrealTournamentEditor\UnrealTournament\Content\DM-Retro2-v2-01.umap
    DM-Retro2-v2-01-WindowsNoEditor.pak
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...PT3jWXqhqxS01M
    || DOWNLOAD V2-01 || - README
    MD5: EA35293E41FB5C241C7A15430D52105F

Also available on UTCC https://utcc.unrealpugs.com/map/921-DM-Retro2

“I agree that this content constitutes a Submission under the Unreal Engine EULA ( https://www.unrealengine.com/eula ).”
    Last edited by Onikage.; 04-17-2019, 10:59 AM.

• replied
    Originally posted by ThotSlayer9OOO View Post
    Just played a full match of Elimination on this beauty, and I must say.. This is an extremely fun and well thought out map design. It's a pretty big map, so anything short of 5v5 isn't ideal. 1 - 16 players sounds like a good, well rounded player ratio. Any chance you're planning on slapping assets on this map to make it official?

All in all, well done. 10/10 for the layout. Keep up the good work and hope to see more of you in the future!
    Thank you! I appreciate your comment very much and I'm really glad you had a good time on it!

I'm currently optimizing it to lower file size and make it a bit faster to download. Also working on a different version of the layout, closer to the original design of 2k4 but, you should be able to spot the influence R2 had on it.

I'm definitely considering to mesh this in the future, especially if it picks up and gets popular.

Thanks again for playing!

Here's a new demo I recently uploaded on my channel...

Hope you like it.

Cheers!
    Onikage.
    Last edited by Onikage.; 05-05-2019, 08:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just played a full match of Elimination on this beauty, and I must say.. This is an extremely fun and well thought out map design. It's a pretty big map, so anything short of 5v5 isn't ideal. 12 - 16 players sounds like a good, well rounded player ratio. Any chance you're planning on slapping assets on this map to make it official?

All in all, well done. 10/10 for the layout. Keep up the good work and hope to see more of you in the future!
    Last edited by ThotSlayer9OOO; 06-18-2019, 01:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks! I really appreciate your support ÐutchSmºke!
    I'll try to free up some time from my projects to step onto the Loping arena for some good ol fraggin with you guys.

I just re-uploaded the demo in 720p for those interested.

Also updated the pak again to solve a few issues I caught with the navmesh while watching some replays. This should be the last shell update I post for R2. Unless I come up with something else later that changes the gameplay significantly. Hope you guys liked my updates.

Speaking of replays... I've been trying to find yours Ðutch but nothing comes up when I search for a player's ID. The only ones I've managed to watch so far were from the list of recent replays. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if that feature is currently not working?

Anyway, in the words of T-101...
    I'll be back! xD

Cheers!
    Onikage.

Edit: Also up on UTCC https://utcc.unrealpugs.com/map/921-DM-Retro2
    Last edited by Onikage.; 04-17-2019, 11:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Roger that, relocked & loaded onto the LPA.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You're welcome ÐutchSmºke! The pak was updated recently so make sure you guys have the latest build. Thanks again for playing!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you for the update Onikage.!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ÐutchSmºke View Post
    Progress indeed! Keep it Up!
    Thanks! I'm glad you like how this is shaping up.

v2-01 is now up on my Gdrive!

The most noticeable changes include a new path to the enforcer, added visual cues near the lifts and all around tweaks on the lighting.

I'll upload more footage of it soon.

Hope you guys like this.

Thank you for playing!

Cheers!
    Onikage.
    Last edited by Onikage.; 04-06-2019, 12:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Progress indeed! Keep it Up!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here's some new footage demoing some of the tricks you can do in the level. Hope you guys like this! v2-01 coming up!

Thank you for watching!

Cheers!
    Onikage.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You are very welcome, sir! Thank you for hosting all the great content this community produces!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you for the update Onikage.!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    v2 is up on my Gdrive! Keep in mind this is still just a shell and missing many details to the picture. Hope you guys like it so far. Stay tuned for v2.1!

I may also have another layout to share which is a little more true to the original design before I start meshing on R2. We'll see.

I'm also gonna look at editing some more focused footage of the different maneuvers you can do around the level. So keep the youtube subs coming!

Thanks again for all the great feedback and comments you guys have given me so far! They've been a great help and I sincerely appreciate it.

Hope you can have some fun with v2!

Cheers!
    Onikage.

Edit: Pak updated! Make sure you have the latest build. Thank you for playing!
    Last edited by Onikage.; 03-08-2019, 01:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here's some footage of the new changes. Hope you guys like it so far. Couple more tweaks and tests to get done and then I'll publish v2.

Cheers
    Onikage.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok, Thank you for clearing that up! You probably saved me from a few headaches xD

Leave a comment:

Working...
X