Clear All

DM-Elik Beta 1

Download: Final map
    Players: 2
    Version: Beta 1
    Released: 04-01-2019
    WinMD5: n/a

Story / Histoire:

Nestled in the caves of the Dakylian, this peaceful sanctuary was formerly that of Elik, one of the greatest sword fighter in the country of creatures of shadows. Then, LMC found him…

Niché au cœur des grottes du Dakylian, ce sanctuaire paisible était autrefois celui d’Elik, un des plus grand combatant à l’épée du pays des créatures d’ombres. Puis, LMC le trouva…

Beta pics

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Details:

One of my all time favorite UT map is DM-1on1-Alzonia by Slainchild. I’ve decided to make my own map based on his layout. Of course, it’s not a remake and few changes as been added to fits UT4 movements, like wall run and slope dodge and I added a new escape ramp near the Bio Rifle

DM-Elik is a duel focussed map so more than 2 players won’t be fun / balanced.

For DM-Elik, I’m using Epic Soul Cave assets. It was a extremely long process to import all static meshes into UT and recreate all materials functions, materials, materials instances from scratch. But, I must say that I’m very proud of the results

Dev:

Final 1.0

- Additional meshing.
    - Adjust all pickups & tweak some player start.
    - BV's added everywhere above the Belt area.
    - Custom Jumpad added with custom VFX and also have more air control.
    - Refine some ambient sounds.

Beta 1

Second release. Available on Epic forums to gather some feedback.

Alpha 1

First release. Available on ÐutchSmºke LoPing Arena.

Credits:

ÐutchSmºke for his great help & support in the dev process.
    Epic for their free Soul: Cave assets.
    Nobiax for sharing his free plant meshes!
    Last edited by Stevelois; 02-01-2019, 10:34 PM.
    Stevie's corner
    Maps, DM-Dakylian A2, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
    Links, UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Ooh là là what a way to start the year off! Thank you for putting this up for the rest of us to enjoy!
    You may want to check the file again kind sir, it's coming up UT:Warning: DM-Elik-B1 had no version file
    Last edited by ÐutchSmºke; 01-04-2019, 03:34 PM. Reason: no version file
    LoPing
    Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Very odd? I didn't get that error. Make sure the old file is deleted.
      Stevie's corner
      Maps, DM-Dakylian A2, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta

Comment

That was from the the game boot log, the server won't boot with it. I put DM-Elik back on and that still works, good thing you version your works.
        [2019.01.05-05.25.49:011][ 0]UT:Warning: DM-Elik-B1 had no version file
        LoPing

Comment

I've update / repack te map again, so, redownload the file and delete all others, it will be ok.

The good news is that the sound pass is done
          Stevie's corner

Comment

Merci! Reloaded & locked onto the LPA! Replays to follow!
            Last edited by ÐutchSmºke; 01-04-2019, 06:35 PM. Reason: Loaded
            LoPing

Comment

Great!

THX for the replay, I notice some little things to fix for the final
              Stevie's corner

Comment

So beautiful and pleasant to play!

- bots don't wallrun/walldodge to Belt / small armor or the vials area near Lightning gun
                - movement FROM the "corner with vials near lightning gun" is a bit annoying ... either you have to dodge to that pillar or wall-dodge carefully there all wallrun back to the gun. You can't just wallrun to the jumppad next to the sniper, which is what I would expect - Maybe just my fault though!

Altogether very nice. If you ever wanted, please try to take a similar theme/visuals and make it into a DM/ELIM or CTF maps. I am not a fan of Duels myself so unfortunatelly I will not play myself much of this in the future.

Comment

THX for the feedback

- Yeah, I'm aware of the bots dull behavior. But I honestly don't know how to fix their behavior. I always add a navigation volume in my maps and when bots don't behave well, I adjust the volume and even replace the volume some time. Therefore, I already did what I could and they still behave like idiots... sorry.

- The fact that wallrun can't be made from the vials to the jumpad is a design choice. So, it's not your fault

I don't know if I'll make another map after the final version of Elik. But, you can be sure that all the assets in this map will be reuse in another map if I make one
                  Stevie's corner

Comment

This looks sick dude,well done.

Comment

THX for the compliment
                      Stevie's corner

Comment

FYI, the final version will be release February 1st

And, it should be my last map for UT4 depending on where Epic is heading with the future of UT.
                        Stevie's corner

Comment

Up to you dude. I saw you complain so many times about people not commenting on your maps and stuff. I'd expect this creation process brings you something no matter what feedback or state of game. I will always appreciate your maps.

Good luck on your future endeavours!

Comment

Beautiful map Steve! A shame Epic is not working on it because I think each of your maps would be candidates to be built into the game like the few community maps that made it in. I'm goofing off in the editor now and then but I'm not going to put a bunch of effort in at this point with Epic not giving us any info. We can't expect anything from Epic at this point.
                            Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Originally posted by Rainmaker_CZ View Post
                              Up to you dude. I saw you complain so many times about people not commenting on your maps and stuff. I'd expect this creation process brings you something no matter what feedback or state of game. I will always appreciate your maps.

Good luck on your future endeavours!
                              Well, just to clarify. I map for myself first and I love creating new environment. I also like to play the game with my maps. So yes, I get something, a personal satisfaction

But, a map can only be better if you get constructive comments from the community who play your maps. No comments, no chance of making your map better, its simple as that.

As for now, I don't have anything new to work on and no inspiration. I might make new maps, I don't know for now unless the game is canceled and the editor is no longer available.

Originally posted by MΛuL View Post
                              Beautiful map Steve! A shame Epic is not working on it because I think each of your maps would be candidates to be built into the game like the few community maps that made it in. I'm goofing off in the editor now and then but I'm not going to put a bunch of effort in at this point with Epic not giving us any info. We can't expect anything from Epic at this point.
                              THX m8, this is quite a compliment

I was wondering while watching my maps relays by ÐutchSmºke, why under your ingame player name, there is no replays at all from any of my maps? I don't know how the replay recording system work so excuse my noob question
                              Stevie's corner

Comment

Working...
                              X