• started a topic DM-Dakylian Beta 1

DM-Dakylian Beta 1

Download: GoogleDrive
    Players: 4 - 10
    Version: Beta 1
    Released: 24-05-2019
    WinMD5: n/a

Story / Histoire:

Following the discovery of Elik peaceful sanctuary in the heart of the Dakylian caves, LMC's extensive research in this region has uncovered another venue for larger-scale tournaments. Unfortunately, the Dakylian caves are no longer a place of eternal rest...

Suite à la découverte du paisible sanctuaire d’Elik, au cœur des grottes du Dakylian, les recherches approfondies de LMC dans cette région ont permis de découvrir un autre lieu propice au tournois de plus grande envergure. Malheureusement, les grottes du Dakylian ne sont plus un lieu de repos éternel...

Beta 1 pics

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Alpha pics

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Details:

Now that DM-Elik, a duel focused map using Epic Soul Cave assets is finish, I'm reusing the assets for this new, larger scale map

Dev:

Beta 1

- Pickups changes (switch the RL and Lighting Gun and other changes).
    - Lift added near the Lighting Gun so you can go up to the belt platform to add a third way to grab the belt or liftjump to the upper platform which permit access by air from the 5 vials to the 2 medium health.
    - Add a 50 armor in the UDamage sector and add platforms too.
    - Meshing, lighting, music, blocking volumes, post process & temporary preview pic added.

Alpha 2

- Many pickups changes and layout alterations.

Alpha 1

- First release.

Credits:

ÐutchSmºke for his great help & support in the dev process.
    Epic for their free Soul: Cave assets.
    Last edited by Stevelois; 05-30-2019, 09:30 PM.

• replied
    Hey all,

The next release will be the final. Final release should be in ±2 weeks.

I'm done with this map and started to work on something else.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Deleted error
    Last edited by GMAK2442; 06-13-2019, 10:54 AM. Reason: error

Leave a comment:

• replied
    THX for your support

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I like this one. Good job.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Achernar View Post
    Hey hey Steve, its been too long...

So glad your made it back mapping for the new UT!!

This map looks really gorgeous, but I know it will have even greater polish when the final arrive.

Hope to re-engage with the new engine and start building again.
    Wow, to long indeed old friend!!!

I'm happy to see your still interested in UT

THX for the compliment Honestly, at first I intended to add plants and more chains to the maps for the final, but, map size will be even bigger and for most players, they won't care for the added details and will complain the map is to big... So, except polishing, I doubt to add anything else so it won't look much better than this.

Hope to see something from you soon

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey hey Steve, its been too long...

So glad your made it back mapping for the new UT!!

This map looks really gorgeous, but I know it will have even greater polish when the final arrive.

Hope to re-engage with the new engine and start building again.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Niceness Steve! I'll be try'n all 428MB of it out shortly.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hooray, Beta 1 is finally there !!!

After 3 months of hard work, I'm please to share my latest map with the community

PS: I know the file is BIG (428 MB) but there is nothing I can't do more about it so commenting on that subject is simply useless unless Epic shows me some magic tricks to reduce the size.

All info in OP

THX for leaving your feedback after few round of nice fraggin'
    Last edited by Stevelois; 05-25-2019, 03:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'll post some pics tomorrow since I've made enough progress to show something that is worthy

B1 is really, really close. Even like tomorrow, maybe.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, i know, i'll probably have more time to check out your other maps in depth after e3, for now i barely have time to sleep https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKPmGXgJ2Ys
    Last edited by genthly; 05-15-2019, 03:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hé hé,

Indeed, I take my time. It's not like I'm the hurry

But, your feedback on my previous UT4 maps would be cool indeed You already give me your impression on Delta and Infiltrate but not on the others

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Take your time, i'll be right here waiting If you need some help, advice, feedback just let me know

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ho, I'm progressing, but very slowly

I like when all sectors of a level look unique and different, while using the same assets over and over and it's very hard to accomplish, I must say. That is why. I didn't upload new pics.

But THX for showing interest my friend

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How about that update Stevie? Cant wait for this one

Leave a comment:

Working...
X