X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] Dm-fxtra

DM-FXTRA

An oldskool style DM map.

This is a bare bones map uploaded for layout/flow and weapon placement feedback.

Download version 06 here.

Thanks to the guys at "Unreal Carnage" for the feedback.
    “I agree that this content constitutes a Submission under the Unreal Engine EULA ( https://www.unrealengine.com/eula ).”

Click image for larger version  Name:	ScreenShot00025_zps6s7pnzrb.png Views:	1 Size:	418.8 KB ID:	404640

Last edited by effects69; 02-12-2019, 10:15 PM.
    Win 10
    iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
    3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
    DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
    2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

I like the layout and geometry a lot, reminds me of turbine and other ut99 dm maps. I think it could benefit from having an amp somewhere central and the enforcer pickup should be replaced by a stinger imo. The sniper area is my favourite part of the map but the 50 seems to be set to a 5 second timer which I assume is a mistake. The only part I'm not sure about is the area between the 25 and the bio as it feels a bit dead, maybe it could be compacted in some way but it's hard to say just by running around. I can't really give any weapon placement feedback except that it seems logical, nice work.
    :|

Comment

Originally posted by Flikswich View Post
      I like the layout and geometry a lot, reminds me of turbine and other ut99 dm maps. I think it could benefit from having an amp somewhere central and the enforcer pickup should be replaced by a stinger imo. The sniper area is my favourite part of the map but the 50 seems to be set to a 5 second timer which I assume is a mistake. The only part I'm not sure about is the area between the 25 and the bio as it feels a bit dead, maybe it could be compacted in some way but it's hard to say just by running around. I can't really give any weapon placement feedback except that it seems logical, nice work.
      Cheers for the feedback

The amp was originally above the Flak in a corridor I deleted. The idea was to make the Amp harder to fight over by placing it on that box. But it can of course be moved.
      The sniper area is fun as you can pick off people trying to get the belt.
      Did I forget to put the stinger in the map altogether? I forget.

I'm trying to remember that area between the 25 and bio you are talking about. I'll have to jump in and have a look myself when I get the chance.

I'm glad you noticed the Turbine UT99 feel though

Thanks again, feedback is of course VERY much appreciated
      Win 10
      3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
      32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:
      DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
      2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

Originally posted by Flikswich View Post
        Oh and yes. The timing on the 50 must have set to that by default for some reason.
        Win 10
        3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
        32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Are you firing up the ole editor again FX??
          Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Originally posted by MΛuL View Post
            Are you firing up the ole editor again FX??
            Only a little bit.
            Win 10
            3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
            32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Thanks for share'n some more of your works with us again & again FX!
              LoPing
              Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Working...
              X