Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Swirl - alpha release

Hello!
    It's been some time since the last update. I thought of just abandoning the project as Epic Games seems not to be interested in developing the new UT anymore. Another thing is that at the beginning I didn't realize how much work it will take to make it. However, lately I have passed my specialization exam (I don't work in games development, I am a physician ) so I had some time to work on it some more just for fun.
    The one last thing I'm still thinking about is the light setting. Here are three options I'm considering :
    - the original vivid orange dawn setting
    -two more natural ones I came up with recently - dawn and noon - which I prefer because there is much more color diversity, more indirect light and more details of my meshes are noticeable
    I plan to release the alpha in the following weeks.

More shots can be seen here
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/OyO98y
    Last edited by TAP-CHAN; 06-20-2019, 12:07 PM.

Seriously, all light settings look great! It depend on you.

Really like your meshes and materials
    Last edited by Stevelois; 05-24-2019, 05:35 PM.
    Stevie's corner
    Maps, DM-Dakylian, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
    Links, UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Thank you very much Stevelois! I made most of the meshes and materials seen in the screenshots (the storage containers are from ut, but I guess I will make mine eventually!)

Comment

Hello!
        After hundreds of hours of development the moment has come to share something playable . This release is by no means finished version. It is an alpha release – it’s unoptimized (I don’t have framerate drops, however I haven’t tested it on other pc), unpolished, even the visuals are unfinished. I need to work on the background and some other areas (especially tunnels around flak cannon). However I wanted to show the progress and how much has been done already. I also need some feedback. The download size is big as I made most of the content used in the map. All in all, I still hope you enjoy it!
        Edit. Currently the download is turned off as I'm working on making the map size smaller
        Attached Files
        Last edited by TAP-CHAN; 06-20-2019, 07:19 PM.

Comment

This is for sure goint to be a nice map.

Comment

I resized some unnecessarily huge textures and removed couple of assets that made no real difference. The download size right now is slightly smaller (860 MB) - not a huge difference, but still. I guess I can make it even smaller but most likely it would require me to downgrade the visual quality.
            Here is the download link:
            https://drive.google.com/file/d/12BT...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

860 MB, wow !!! This is huge !

Will download this w-e but sadly, most players will stay away from the map since the file is way to big My biggest finals maps are in the 450 MB and players are just complaining / ignoring my works just because of the map size. I hope you'll get better feedback then me
              Stevie's corner

Comment

So,

Did a few matches and I must say I was completely lost lol! There so to many tight tunnels and not enough open areas. It's very hard to orient yourself and when there is action, you have almost no place to dodge / side to outperform your opponent. This level would be great for a single user campaign.

The art is honestly beautiful. It's a fabulous looking level
                Stevie's corner

Comment

Thanks for feedback! I think what I can do to make it less tight.

Comment

Hello everyone!
                    I've been working some more on my map. I managed to decrease the file size (the download size now is around 608 MB right now instead of initial 900 MB ) without really downgrading the visuals. I made various optimizations so the performance should be much better right now. I also made some areas (especially the tunnels) in the map more spacious.
                    The download link:
                    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1r1...E_wHYb4d69wBmL

Comment

Another download link : https://www.moddb.com/games/unreal-t...-alpha-07-2019

Comment

Originally posted by TAP-CHAN View Post
                        Hello!
                        (I don't work in games development, I am a physician )
                        Given that factor, you are able to create decent map. You deserve lot of encouraging pats!!!
                        P.S. I have no clue about level editing but am a big fan of you people
                        Last edited by The-Cowboy; 07-08-2019, 09:22 PM.

Comment

This look compact and interesting. But I think you need to fix the ambiant sound asap. I have quit after 3 frags because of the ambiant sound that is too annoying.

Comment

Short video footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQcukHnh8Yc

Comment

Working...
                            X