Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New DM map in development, would be great if playtesters help (Whitebox&Geometry)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] New DM map in development, would be great if playtesters help (Whitebox&Geometry)

Greetings folks,I'm working on this power-plant-like theme DM map for a while; I am about to push to aesthetic milestone, but I would love to invite you guys to test it before I do that. I'm not very confident about the pathing, so any critics on that is welcome.

Click image for larger version  Name:	HighresScreenshot00001.png Views:	40 Size:	540.7 KB ID:	408469Click image for larger version  Name:	HighresScreenshot00004.png Views:	40 Size:	557.1 KB ID:	408472
    Click image for larger version  Name:	HighresScreenshot00002.png Views:	41 Size:	569.5 KB ID:	408473Click image for larger version  Name:	HighresScreenshot00003.png Views:	40 Size:	585.8 KB ID:	408474

You can get the .pak file here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z00sy1SZQY5p8AWV45J7TWt0tCKrbK0T/view?usp=sharing

So this is a little big, about 400MB. So currently I tend to lock geometry and head for aesthetic stuff.

And if you finished playtesting, please help by filling this user feedback form. I would like to hear your opinions, and if anything makes the level does not look like a typical DM map, please write that in the feedback form.
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...rm?usp=sf_link
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ops88888; 03-12-2020, 10:31 AM.

Niceness in sharing your works with us here ops88888!
    You'll need a recook it with the right version before we can test it out some.

LogInit: Build: ++UT+Release-Next-CL-3525360
    [2020.03.10-04.22.14:975][ 0]UT:Warning: DM-G1 had no version file

LoPing
    Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Originally posted by ÐutchSmºke View Post
      Niceness in sharing your works with us here ops88888!
      You'll need a recook it with the right version before we can test it out some.

LogInit: Build: ++UT+Release-Next-CL-3525360
      [2020.03.10-04.22.14:975][ 0]UT:Warning: DM-G1 had no version file

Hi Smoke, thanks for the message.
      For the cook stuff, do you mean you cannot open it or the textures are missing?
      Coz in that version, some geometries are from another layer, and its texture is not going to the pak file.
      What my current plan is for layout and gameplay test, it may impact future detail modeling, so I want to get that done first. Something like a whitebox testing.

Comment

What do I need to do to test this out? I noticed that I have issues with maps not made by epic. I can at least see how it looks on Linux.

Comment

@ops88888 with regards to whiteboxing, once you cook the project that's a done deal. If you want people to check your map code directly you'd need to share the raw 'uncooked' project.

LogInit: Engine Version: 4.15.0-3525360+++UT+Release-Next
          LogInit: Compatible Engine Version: 4.15.0-3525109+++UT+Release-Next

This is where a test shell map comes in handy, negating any possibility of texture import errors. You can find some more info here. GL!
          LoPing

Comment

Originally posted by IBringsTheRuckus View Post
            What do I need to do to test this out? I noticed that I have issues with maps not made by epic. I can at least see how it looks on Linux.
            Hello, if you are using windows OS you can put the cooked file into
            C:\Users\XXX\Documents\UnrealTournament\Saved\paks\MyContent

The download link is here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z00...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Originally posted by ÐutchSmºke View Post
              @ops88888 with regards to whiteboxing, once you cook the project that's a done deal. If you want people to check your map code directly you'd need to share the raw 'uncooked' project.

LogInit: Engine Version: 4.15.0-3525360+++UT+Release-Next
              LogInit: Compatible Engine Version: 4.15.0-3525109+++UT+Release-Next

This is where a test shell map comes in handy, negating any possibility of texture import errors. You can find some more info here. GL!
              Understood.
              https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z00...ew?usp=sharing
              This is the current whitebox build, the .pak file.

Comment

Thank you kind sir! Loaded onto the LPA for play testing.
                LoPing

Comment

Working...
                X