Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

open old .umap (created in UT editor) in unreal engine editor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

open old .umap (created in UT editor) in unreal engine editor?

I made a load of maps using unreal tournament editor in the epic games launcher going back a couple of years. But with every update of the unreal engine the UT editor still had 'publish' greyed out on Mac, so I got bored and left it alone.

I have all these maps I made back then, but I'm guessing epic decided NOT to make it so you could open them in unreal engine editor and carry on with them... now that the UT editor has disappeared from the launcher.... am I right?

the thing about the UT editor was, it had all the content, weapons, health, shields, jumps etc... the unreal engine editor doesn't have any of that stuff.

The Unreal Tournament Editor is still available in the Epic Games Launcher, you can find it with the search function.
    or click here to view it in a browser:
    https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-U...e&sortDir=DESC

Comment

yes, hi, thanks, I actually figured that out. It's in library, but the entire googlesphere offers no clue to that sadly with a search. I just stumbled on it by accident.

Just in case anyone else searches for this

the UTEditor cant run on Catalina, it crashes with the 45% problem on Catalina, but works (with a few crashes) in Sierra.

Comment

Working...
      X