Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] DM-Scorched

DOWNLOAD HERE

I've been sitting on this map for a while as I've been away from UT, It's still a WIP shell, but very playable and fun.

Set inside a volcanic cave.

Enjoy!

Click image for larger version

Name:	02.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	411970

Name:	03.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	411972

Name:	04.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	411974

Name:	05.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	411976

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	411978
    Attached Files
    Last edited by FXTR4; 01-25-2021, 08:02 PM.
    Win 10
    iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
    3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
    DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
    2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Hey

You really should mesh your maps. This one would be really awesome if meshed with good looking corresponding assets !!

PS: would be a good idea to update your sign, specially the UT4 content
    Last edited by Stevelois; 01-26-2021, 05:16 PM.
    Stevie's corner
    My UT4 maps
    Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
      Hey

You really should mesh your maps. This one would be really awesome if meshed with good looking corresponding assets !!

PS: would be a good idea to update your sign, specially the UT4 content
      Thanks man!

I would love to mesh it, but unfortunately, I don't have any Blender knowledge and people are reluctant to download maps that are bigger than 5 or 10 mb. This would need custom cave meshes.
      Win 10
      3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
      32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:
      DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
      2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

Thanks for come'n out with some more works here FX! Loaded onto the LPA & I'll be taking a crack at it soon!
        LoPing
        Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Originally posted by FXTR4 View Post

Thanks man!

I would love to mesh it, but unfortunately, I don't have any Blender knowledge and people are reluctant to download maps that are bigger than 5 or 10 mb. This would need custom cave meshes.
          There is a huge amount of custom assets you can use coming from many marketplace free packs. Don't need to make your own assets. Many packs could be put in good use for this type of environment.

Beside, most UT4 custom maps are at least 250 MB. Unless your aiming UT99 visuals,10 MB maps is completely not doable, even UT2004 maps are bigger than this, unless your making a shell maps and using very low textures with the same few low poly meshes all over the place. I really encourage you to take a look at the marketplace free stuff, you can make a memorable map for sure!

Edit: I add a pic to show a example of what your level can look like.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Stevelois; 01-26-2021, 08:50 PM.
          Stevie's corner
          My UT4 maps

Comment

Did few rounds and I must say the layout is very complex, but in a good way

Only thing I found missing is the jump boots which would add some more fun in the middle area.

With good looking assets, this map would really be awesome because the gameplay is really good
            Stevie's corner
            My UT4 maps

Comment

What a doezy of a map! Replays will show alot of toasty moves.

It'll take a few more rounds to get handy on it as usual but I already agree with Steve, we need some boots and maybe some jump pads below bumping you up to the top.

I'd also request some well placed stalagmite & stalactite maybe, allowing for a little cover from snipe'n over the top area.
              I'm liking the cave tunnel'n around like that with a serious sense of watching your six navigating those.

Those that played it so far found it abit tricky so that's good. Keep It Up!
              LoPing
              Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

There is a huge amount of custom assets you can use coming from many marketplace free packs. Don't need to make your own assets. Many packs could be put in good use for this type of environment.

Beside, most UT4 custom maps are at least 250 MB. Unless your aiming UT99 visuals,10 MB maps is completely not doable, even UT2004 maps are bigger than this, unless your making a shell maps and using very low textures with the same few low poly meshes all over the place. I really encourage you to take a look at the marketplace free stuff, you can make a memorable map for sure!

Edit: I add a pic to show a example of what your level can look like.
                Yeah man that's totally how I visualized the map looking. I'll have to check out the marketplace, It's been a while since I did. I think I stopped because most of the assets don't work in the unreal editor due to a version mismatch.
                Win 10
                3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Did few rounds and I must say the layout is very complex, but in a good way

Only thing I found missing is the jump boots which would add some more fun in the middle area.

With good looking assets, this map would really be awesome because the gameplay is really good
                  Oh man I must have removed the boots and forgot to put them back in lol, I did actually have boots in there on the lower bridge. oops! It was how you get to the amp lol
                  Win 10
                  3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                  32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Originally posted by ÐutchSmºke View Post
                    What a doezy of a map! Replays will show alot of toasty moves.

It'll take a few more rounds to get handy on it as usual but I already agree with Steve, we need some boots and maybe some jump pads below bumping you up to the top.

I'd also request some well placed stalagmite & stalactite maybe, allowing for a little cover from snipe'n over the top area.
                    I'm liking the cave tunnel'n around like that with a serious sense of watching your six navigating those.

Those that played it so far found it abit tricky so that's good. Keep It Up!
                    great to know! Yeah I did have boots in there, I must have forgotten to put them back in. my bad.
                    Win 10
                    3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Originally posted by FXTR4 View Post

Oh man I must have removed the boots and forgot to put them back in lol, I did actually have boots in there on the lower bridge. oops! It was how you get to the amp lol
                      Cool, so next version will have the boots

As for the assets, I suggest Epic cave assets. They're free and the master material is really easy to recreate. I think it would suit well.

I made 2 maps with those awesome assets (Elik and Dakylian). For sure, you will have to export from UE 4.2x and then import back to UT4 and redo all mat's, mi's and so on because the editor is so old, there is practically no assets pack compatible so you must export / import BUT it worth the time imho
                      Stevie's corner
                      My UT4 maps

Comment

Cool, so next version will have the boots

As for the assets, I suggest Epic cave assets. They're free and the master material is really easy to recreate. I think it would suit well.

I made 2 maps with those awesome assets (Elik and Dakylian). For sure, you will have to export from UE 4.2x and then import back to UT4 and redo all mat's, mi's and so on because the editor is so old, there is practically no assets pack compatible so you must export / import BUT it worth the time imho
                        Yeah that's a lot of work! lol But your maps look great!
                        Win 10
                        3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                        32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

I liked the atmosphere of the level. I sometimes make sketches for myself, what I liked, to practice. Maybe you can use it))
                          I noticed that many of the passages were in the same vertical plane, an example in the screenshots 01 and 02.

Name:	04.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	412054 Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	412055 Click image for larger version

Name:	02.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	412056
                          Мои старые карты WIP!

Comment

I liked the concept and even at this stage the map is fun. My only comment is to have weapons closer to spawn points.

Will be looking forward to seeing this project mature

Comment

Originally posted by Aquilon View Post
                              I liked the atmosphere of the level. I sometimes make sketches for myself, what I liked, to practice. Maybe you can use it))
                              I noticed that many of the passages were in the same vertical plane, an example in the screenshots 01 and 02.
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	04.jpg Views:	47 Size:	44.6 KB ID:	412054 Click image for larger version  Name:	01.jpg Views:	47 Size:	94.4 KB ID:	412055 Click image for larger version  Name:	02.jpg Views:	46 Size:	148.4 KB ID:	412056
                              thanks! I love the sketches! They are very helpful indeed
                              Last edited by FXTR4; 02-10-2021, 02:09 AM.
                              Win 10
                              3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                              32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Working...
                              X