Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
    But, continue working working on it, your on a good way!!!
    Thank you very much Steve, I’m still working)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    B3

Big improvement here

It's one the good way.

The fact the spawning is a part of the play area and that players can't be killed from outside the spawning area is way better.

I notice that landing have improve by much, it's more softer, fluid, way better than before

The ship seem to use very low texture rez, or the ship as been scaled to high so texture is looking to low quality. I know that this is a training map, not a demo scene. Still, if you can crank up the rez a bit, it won't hurt.

A suggestion I can make is when the player grab the redeemer, a way back would be good. Until now, it's a "one way" and bots are good enough that 99% of the time, they're able to deviate the projectile or kill me before the projectile can reach the jump area. So I must suicide if I'm not killed or wait an eternity for the next redeemer to spawn. In all, it's not fun.

But, continue working working on it, your on a good way!!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you for the update sotger!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Version: B3
    Download: UTCC

Change log:

- all collision errors are now fixed.
    - most of all geometry brushes are replaced to static meshes
    - most of all elements are now textured
    - added big spaceship and some "UFO" like elements

Stevelois
    Please tell me your opinion as a beauty professional)
    Thank you)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for yet another piece of your works sotger!
    I'll be adding this up on the LPA shortly, replays to follow!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Howdy,

Your map is a good training map for sure. Perfect to get skilled with aiming.

As for the visual style, most will start by existing structure for start so you have concrete references. Then you decide which theme you'll be using like sci-fi, medieval, organic, industrial, western etc.

The more you make maps, the better you will become. Using meshes is like playing with Lego. It can look awesome or very bad using the same sets of Lego. It all depend how you use them together to obtain the desired look / shape.

Since your new to mapping, the theme of this map will be very hard to accomplish great visuals since you must acquired the mapping skills to pull off this theme. There is nothing in the game assets you can use to make a beautiful map while keeping this style. I think you better not put to much time in the visual department and start a more "grounded" map to get a better idea of how to build a structure (floor, walls, ceiling, opening, hole, etc). Even me would have a hard time create something unique using this giant jumpad mechanic.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
    V. A5,
    Had a match on it and I must say the concept is very interesting. It's not really my type of map but it seem like a cool map with a nice concept
    Thank you for your feedback @Stevelois.
    Actually, the idea of this map is quite controversial. It comes from wanting to learn how to shoot accurately
    I couldn’t find the shoot trainers made in UTE4, so I had to try them myself. Well, that worked out.

The dynamic aspect is a nice idea. As for visuals, it need more love. Same for music, it's missing.
    I agree with you completely. I’m in the process.
    I have a lot of difficulty with that, because I’m not really much of a designer, I’m not much of a visual type. But I really want to learn.
    Now, when I started studying UE4, I had a lot of changes in my mind - I started paying attention to architecture. How and why people build as they build. And from a functional and aesthetic point of view. I consider myself not hopeless in this aspect
    I know that you do very beautiful work. I would be very grateful if you could direct me please
    BTW, if you have the desire and time to participate, I can post the project to GitHub)

It seem weird at first that when your landing out of the jumpads on the asteroid / platforms, you're slowly decelerate just before landing without going in pieces. No idea how you did that but after playing the map, I can understand why you made it.
    At the time of landing, the player’s speed is so high that it breaks into pieces. To avoid this(for take weapon ar armor or make a coffeebrake in safe place), physics volume with limit velocity to 2000, placed around near the platform. I’m going to adjust it to make it look less obvious.

I really like what you've done with the Minigun skin and shooting mode
    With Minigun skins I did nothing, this class instance copied from Tutorial Map.

Leave a comment:

• replied

V. A5,

Had a match on it and I must say the concept is very interesting. It's not really my type of map but it seem like a cool map with a nice concept

The dynamic aspect is a nice idea. As for visuals, it need more love. Same for music, it's missing.

It seem weird at first that when your landing out of the jumpads on the asteroid / platforms, you're slowly decelerate just before landing without going in pieces. No idea how you did that but after playing the map, I can understand why you made it.

I really like what you've done with the Minigun skin and shooting mode

Leave a comment:

• started a topic DM-Jumper

DM-Jumper

Map: DM-Jumper
    Vers: A5
    Gamemode: DM, Duel, TDM
    Download: UTCC

- no health pickups on map
    - all weapons in one take
    - safe spawn area
    - 3 safe/sniper place
    - 5 huge flower-lined jumpads

High speed, unusual experience of orientation. Pretty fun.
    Most of gameplay you will shoot "in the air"

I will very appreciated for some feedback tips from community.
    Thank you
    Have fun)

Demo Video
Working...
X