No announcement yet.

Chaos Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have a new friend, her name is KaelAlexis, and she created this concept art for our Rail Gun

Obviously this is just one possible concept. It's all still a work in progress. We are open to comments and suggestions.

Thanks!

Comment

Glad Chaos isn't dead. Recently tried it on UT2004, and it was great.

Keep up the great work.

Comment

Originally posted by UnamericanRobot View Post
        Glad Chaos isn't dead. Recently tried it on UT2004, and it was great.

Keep up the great work.
        Thank you! Comments like this keep the fires of chaos burning! Make sure to add us on your social media of choice to stay up to date!
        Mike :aka: thatscrawnykid
        Artist for Chaos: UT

Comment

We continue to tweak Zen relic.

Best thing to do if you see the Zen Master, is to keep moving. He has ability to redirect some of your shots back at you;

Ideally, in the future, we'd like to have animation which has the Zen guy 'step up' into his pose, thereby creating a slight delay before he's invulnerable. Balance 'n stuff.

(Map is DM-Archer, by TomcaT_ )
          Last edited by R.Flagg; 05-29-2017, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thatscrawnyki View Post

Thank you! Comments like this keep the fires of chaos burning! Make sure to add us on your social media of choice to stay up to date!
            Well then add me to the too silent but hugely appreciative masses! I am looking forward to this in a big way and what's been done so far looks amazing. Great work guys and keep it up!
            My Unreal game collection. Unreal series screenshots (2560x1440)

Comment

Chaos has always had a ******* sword, and Warhead is currently attempting to bring it back to life. The new model is by Thatscrawnykid.

Definitely going to require some hacks to various things, but he's trying, and I am confident that if anyone can do it, he can. He did say in a tweet to Epic that some mod hooks would be nice!

These are both shots from his efforts

The sword has Always been my personal favorite weapon in the mod. Nothing quite satisfies like being able to get up close and bloody the blade a bit. Of course it can be hard to do, but that's probably what makes it so satisfying.

Thatscrawnykid is hoping we can end up with more than one blade. He keeps cranking out new ones...
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Sci_Fi_Sword.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	286.7 KB
ID:	390541

Name:	Horrid_Sword_Done_Bloody.jpg
Size:	409.9 KB
ID:	390542

So, yes, we're still hacking away at this!
              Attached Files

Comment

Looks friggin' SICK! Keep it up!

Comment

That green one.... Perfect

Comment

Have you guys considered to take UC2 melee weapons as an inspiration ? In term of arts, not gameplay of course. I'm asking because that green sword looks like it could actually fit with the general atmosphere of Unreal. I konw the mode isn't supposed to be serious and fit with the universe completely (thank god ! ) but I still think you are able to do weapons that actually seems pulled from Unreal (Necris blades ? Nakhti sword ?).

Comment

Originally posted by Darkloser View Post
                      Have you guys considered to take UC2 melee weapons as an inspiration ? In term of arts, not gameplay of course. I'm asking because that green sword looks like it could actually fit with the general atmosphere of Unreal. I konw the mode isn't supposed to be serious and fit with the universe completely (thank god ! ) but I still think you are able to do weapons that actually seems pulled from Unreal (Necris blades ? Nakhti sword ?).
                      I'm not opposed to that idea. Right now I'm making weapons that have about the same scale so we can r use as much animation as possible. The ut2k4 version of chaos had a huge number of melee weapons, everything from giant hammers to daggers were included. Obviously we'd like to have as much content as possible its just a matter of time which is a notoriously scarce commodity these days.
                      Drop me a pm with things you'd like to see and I will see what i can do.
                      Mike :aka: thatscrawnykid
                      Artist for Chaos: UT

Comment

******* Sword is now up and running, fully working. This stuff is very rough, and first draft:

Bombing Run for UT3 Coder https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...ease-Candidate
                        The Reliquary TRBP team Coder http://unrealtournament2004.filefron...tEffects;92208
                        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0p...Q7l8s-0ug_Etgg

Comment

Name:	Chaos_Swords_.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	390798

Comment

Last night Warhead has given us the latest test build, and in it he has created a Use Item keybind, which we are using now to get on and off the hoverboard;

One step at a time, we are getting closer to glorious vehicle fragging.

Comment

This item is the latest from Thatscrawnykid. We're going to use it to do stuff.

Name:	EMC2_Thing_10.jpg
Size:	506.9 KB
ID:	391661

Expect TSK to add more bells and whistles for the item itself.

Warhead will have his hands full to make this work in-game, but we expect greatness. Code work for it will begin in the very near future, and probably continue for awhile. There's going to be more to this than currently meets the eye.

Comment

As expected, Thatscrawnykid has added some bells and whistles to the EMC2 model

Name:	EMC2_4.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	444.3 KB
ID:	391706

As we already mentioned, Warhead hasn't gotten his hands dirty with this thing yet, but soon-ish...

Comment

Working...
                                X