Chaos Mod

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Captain Crit View Post
    It can't be called the Chaos Mod until we get happy landmines of doom. Any work on the Proxy?
    I've done much work on the proxy sir. The wallpaper I posted is actually made with the in game proxy model. The model is pretty much finished, I'm working on animations. It will be a while before he is ready for war though.
    Mike :aka: thatscrawnykid
    Artist for Chaos: UT

Comment

Originally posted by thatscrawnyki View Post
      Here is a wallpaper for you guys:

Hope you like the models I've done so far! I can't wait for everyone to experience the Chaos again!
      It looks awsome ! Somehow I feel the face isn't right yet though. I liked it more when the yellow smileys where sitting inside of the outer case so it looked like a helmet. Now it doesn't look like a helmet, but more like body armor. The eyes are smaller too and the mouth is higher and not hiding behind a part of the "helmet" (that creates the suggestion of a helmet too). Like here:

-Fn>Metalfist
      ---------------------
      BT-CrashOut | CTF-AsteroidDrill | UT99 Ports&Muts | Nyandeemer | LogoSplash | Unreal Papercrafts | Unreal Monsters | ChaosUT | UT-SLV: Strangelove | DeviantArt | Zunnie's Mug

Comment

Originally posted by Vicarious View Post
        The Chaos Mod will be making a return to the next Unreal Tournament.
        Best news ever!

Comment

Hi Dr.Flay. Your call to arms sounds like music in my ears Let's see how many old members will find their way home ....and how many new curious and careless players will fall into our chaotic trap
          Originally posted by R.Flagg View Post
          It has certainly hampered the recruiting process and made it more complicated to get initial lift-off going.
          Well, yes. At least the subscribtion costs only approx. as much as a mmorpg-account I guess at first you will mainly see those people who already tampered with the older UT-engines. BTW: Very nice model work so far!! I especially like the looks of the ******* sword
          Originally posted by Metalfist View Post
          It looks awsome ! Somehow I feel the face isn't right yet though. I liked it more when the yellow smileys where sitting inside of the outer case so it looked like a helmet. Now it doesn't look like a helmet, but more like body armor. The eyes are smaller too and the mouth is higher and not hiding behind a part of the "helmet" (that creates the suggestion of a helmet to
          True. Thatscrawnyki's model outline are a bit more like the very original proxy, which did not have that extra helmet. That helmet was later added to a) resemble a bit more "kamikaze" look, and b) it even hat an animation purpose. In certain situations (e.g. the self destruct as far as I remember) the proxy first closed its visor (hence the big forehead of the helmet so I were able to cramp the opened visor underneath )
          Originally posted by R.Flagg View Post
          Having said that, if you just wanna stick with the modeling bit, you might be able to get by w/o it for now? We'll work it out when you get ready to jump in the pool.
          Let me first check out the pool and dip a toe in

Comment

Update: fetched my subscription today and played a bit at work with the different example modules. Wow. Still blown away by the fact that such a beautiful engine is still so fast even on a mediocre rig.

Comment

Originally posted by S-P-A View Post
              Update: fetched my subscription today and played a bit at work with the different example modules. Wow. Still blown away by the fact that such a beautiful engine is still so fast even on a mediocre rig.
              Very exciting news sir. Can't wait to make some Chaos with the man that started it all.

Comment

Speaking of Mike making some Chaos;

Vengeance Relic Spirit Skull WIP
                Click image for larger version

Name:	VengSpiritSkull_WIP_tsk.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	331675

better run, 'cause it's coming after you

Comment

Heh. Nice one. And scary! I think at one point we need some kind of haunted house multiplayer map. That vengeance skull design would perfectly fit the mood

Comment

Heh. Nice one. And scary! I think at one point we need some kind of haunted house multiplayer map. That vengeance skull design would perfectly fit the mood
                    Come join us in the Chaos forums! Lots of fun discussion kicking around right now.

Comment

Already on my way Just had to get my old account reactivated by Tim.

Comment

Already on my way Just had to get my old account reactivated by Tim.
                        Exciting news sir.

Comment

Just gonna leave this here in regards to the grappling hook mechanic

This guy has nailed it and it seems really fast and intuitive, Loving the return, can't wait.
                          Last edited by Flak; 11-13-2014, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Yes, grapples rule. Thanks!

Generally speaking though, it's considered rude by many folks to use a mod team's thread to promote another mods work.
                            Would appreciate it if you or a forum moderator would remove that vid and/or link please. This thread is about Chaos.

Thanks!

Edit : BTW - thanks Flak for the blog post!
                            http://www.unrealtournament.com/blog...turn-of-chaos/

Comment

cyberhawk doin' his thing

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Comment

Gorgeous!

Oh, and this: http://www.pcgamesn.com/unreal-tourn...eal-tournament

Stacey Conley
                                -----------------------------
                                Unreal Tournament Community Manager
                                Epic Games, Inc.
                                Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Comment

Working...
                                X