• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh god yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Fly Dungas View Post
      oh god yes.
      Now picture swinging low on your grappling hook and lopping some poor guy's head off.
      Mike :aka: thatscrawnykid
      Artist for Chaos: UT

Comment

Things are going Very well for Chaos right now. Here's an update on where we stand personnel-wise right now:

as far as actual in-game content goes:

Shadowstar - sounds
        thatscrawnykid - lead modeler , maps
        warhead - lead coder
        Spa - chaotic dreams founder, models, animations, skins, sounds, weird ideas & moreā€¦

We've also just welcomed back deadxatthexscene ( http://www.BledsoeAudio.com ), who is an audio pro, to help with music and sounds

and to keep it all online and functioning, we have;

Tim - web site & forums hosting
        Dr. Flay - Social Media Manager
        cyberhawk - lead artist/web site design

And I couldn't get by without DorianIonian, who has been helping me with QA since, well, forever now.

Every one of these folks is very good at what they do. And we are making great progress in the 'Core' section of our mod. But we still have a long way to go, since we have plans on creating a full arsenal of weapons, also vehicles and game types.

What we would welcome right now is another coder, who can assist with the weapons and game types. After that, maybe a mapper or two. If you can help in those areas, and want to get in on what is bound to be a very highly visible project for UT4, please come talk to us.

We take high quality seriously, but we're also having a good time doing it.

Comment

warhead posted our third internal release recently, and here's just two of the lines found in the change log:

Implemented Kamikaze
          Implemented double jump and dodge jump
          The Kamikaze is a Chaos staple. It's still lacking proper sounds and graphics, so no video yet, but it seems to be functioning quite well.

In addition to the above, we have still continued to tweak our grapple. We are bound and determined to make sure this grapple is at least as good as our last one.

Comment

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Might not look like much, but it represents a goal Chaos has worked at a few times over the years we've been with UT. We're hoping maybe this time it will pay off.

Comment

He refers to the sub project dubbed by us as Bendy. The pic is of my initial efforts playing with a bending cable. The ultimate goal is to have a cable which will collide with the world and wrap around things. It was attempted in past versions of chaos but those did not make it to release.
              This time around, we are going to take advantage of the new features of the Spline actor to make it happen.
              The spline shows the bending is very awesome, and now I just have to code the collisions and various things.
              My goal is to make a grapple hook which is the best chaos grapple hook ever!
              Bombing Run for UT3 Coder https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...ease-Candidate
              The Reliquary TRBP team Coder http://unrealtournament2004.filefron...tEffects;92208
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0p...Q7l8s-0ug_Etgg

Comment

I've been setting up some static meshes for Chaos, getting used to the new material workflow. I hope you guys like the results. Still a lot of work to do on the master material I will keep you posted. Other than that warhead has been doing some awesome behind the scenes stuff with the grappling hook. Can't wait for you guys to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by thatscrawnyki View Post

You're getting really good at it ! I really like those.
                  RASTE IN PEACE !
                  Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
                  Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

Wow, that looks sweet!

Comment

Thanks guys! I'm still working on functionality such as paint color but I'm pretty happy with the results thus far. Right now as it stands the materials scale remains constant regardless of the mesh scale. You can also use mesh paint to paint in rusty areas. The meshes share the same materials blended with different masks for each mesh. The current set of materials is simple, rust, metal, and paint. The good thing about this setup is that the detail remains constant across multiple meshes at multiple scales.

Comment

Originally posted by thatscrawnyki View Post
                        Thanks guys! I'm still working on functionality such as paint color but I'm pretty happy with the results thus far. Right now as it stands the materials scale remains constant regardless of the mesh scale. You can also use mesh paint to paint in rusty areas. The meshes share the same materials blended with different masks for each mesh. The current set of materials is simple, rust, metal, and paint. The good thing about this setup is that the detail remains constant across multiple meshes at multiple scales.

Nice Assets! And good to have you guys back.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunterman View Post
                          Nice Assets! And good to have you guys back.
                          Thank you sir! Everyone on the team is happy to be working together. We are working towards our 4th internal release and are steadily building up to something awesome.

Comment

Just a reply to about this nice posting....

Comment

Thanks again. I've done some work on the materials and after seeing the latest UT build I'm excited to keep pushing our quality bar as close to a professional level as I can.

Comment

played the hell outa chaos ut2k4, looking forward to this :P great work so far

Comment

Working...
                                X