CTF-77 (workingtitle)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] CTF-77 (workingtitle)

V1b Released: Download http://seventyseven.info/Downloads/C...CTF-77_V1b.pak

-----------------
    Heya Folks,,

Been playing with this layout in my head for quite a while now.
    Did a fresh install of the engine on a fresh 2Tb HDD Yesterday, So I have some room to work in

Started blocking this out yesterday evening.
    What I came up with is still very WIP. But it gives a general idea of the layout.
    It's supposed to be a map for 3v3 or 4v4 tops.

Right now i just did the ground level. (badly)
    There will be 2 alternate routes under the terrain in caves. The caves will probably have 5 entry points.
    (inside red n blue base a staircase ; Dropdown from the middel "ruin"
    & maybe 2 smaller ruins located between the middle ruin and respective red and blue base)

Then i'm going to add some Z action to the flagbases. Maybe a snipers nest aswell.
    I have 0 Modeling skill so I blocked this out on the go with assets from elementaldemo and vehiclegame.
    Keep in mind that I have to learn alot All tips/techniques are very welcome.

So without further redo some screens & a small demo to give you an impression of size.

Bases will be in a style similar to this.

How do i get this hole to be more cilyndrical? i'm gonna make a stone ring 4 that area..

General routes & top view

Demo:

So yeah, Alot of work to do, It's still very flat and i'm hoping i'll succeed breaking it up a little and giving it more Z-Axis play.
    Thats it for now,

Cya ~irri
    Attached Files
    Last edited by irridium77; 10-18-2014, 02:45 PM. Reason: New download link
    BT-AncientLost | BT-Indus12 | BT-AirRace | BT-YouAreLOL
    DM-Pure-Pro | DM-Vezon | DM-RedeemerSniperHeaven

blog | home | discord

Come frag with us! Absolute (Amsterdam) , Absolute (Atlanta) , Absolute (Indiana)

look really good like the theme

Comment

Hi Nero, & thx for your reply.

It's kind of hard to define the theme in this mixup of styles

But in general what i'm going for is Jungle. Plain Jungle. with 2 ancient bases, Lot's of foliage, a humid athmosphere, some water puddles here and there, Maybe even a waterfall, (no idea on how to do this without going crazy modeling modus btw)
      Right now everything is temporary...

Yesterday I did some work on the base..
      Added platforms up there, also started to work on the basement room connecting to the caves.
      i'll put up some screenshots later when i have something acceptable.

For visuals i made this fast paint layout xD
      Upper Level:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Upper.png
Views:	1
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	330461

Cave Level:

Name:	Lower.png
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	330462
      I'm not 100% sure about the amount of Jumppads.. I'll maybe ditch the ones in the small side ruins.. (it's a sneaky route, but if you want to get out of the caves close to enemy base you will have to take a risk and X-loc out, or take the stairs and be inside)

So that taken, with some additional z-axis gameplay inside the bases.. I'll get to work.
      Like no like? Suggestions on the routes? idea's?

blog | home | discord

Come frag with us! Absolute (Amsterdam) , Absolute (Atlanta) , Absolute (Indiana)

Comment

Looking pretty. I would nonetheless go over the full layout before making it too beautiful Always heartbreaking to press that delete key on a third of your map (been there). First thing I see here currently there is only one exit per base. Not sure if you plan on giving underground exits too but if not, there should be a route going through the rocks allowing to flank the entrance of the bases (little bit like in Wolfenstein:Enemy Territory)
        RASTE IN PEACE !
        Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
        Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

Hi Raste, glad you made it

The blue stairs in the base... go down, and connect the base to a basement room wich connects to the cave system.
          So you can infiltrate straight into enemy base, but have to take a dangerous entry point (stairs)
          Or:
          The 2 small Black circles will become ruins too, player can drop down into caves, and x-loc out to be close to enemy base.

Then i'll prolly make some holes in the forehead of my base... Allowing pplz to x-loc into the base. or a player to defend his base.

Good point about only 1 entry point... I'll dig into that!

Oh, I wont make it pretty untill i get a nice stable layout
          Thx for feedback!

blog | home | discord

Comment

Originally posted by irridium77 View Post
            Hi Raste, glad you made it

Good point about only 1 entry point... I'll dig into that!

Thx for feedback!
            Yeah, I'm discovering the WIP part of the forum. Seems like there is much more feedback given out here. Might make the move with my map

For the only entrance you can maybe get inspiration from the map "Supply Depot" in W:ET (edit: I'm a huge Splash Damage fan). They have a layout really similar to your bases and the action was fu***** intense with the side path in the rocks they did:

Hope this might give you some ideas. I'd see a nice waterfall bridge in the underground too (could fit the theme very well and offer a way to fall :> )
            Attached Files
            RASTE IN PEACE !
            Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
            Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

UPDATE:

Hi!

Did some work on the cave system today.. basically the walls and roof are up
              It's still a brewing pot of all kinds of nasty stuff.. But it gives an impression...

The map has a bit more peek-a-boo style now.. Since you really can pop out anywhere now!

So, in short:
              - reworked the basics for the bases.. (i'm far from happy with them tbh and siggestions would be handy)
              - Made a wonky cave system with weird floors
              - Added some pickups (still looking for a nice place for jumpboots , and maybe damage amp?)
              - Done no scratch done, failed miserably at decent lighting.. it looks bright in the editor but ingame its so dark.
              (exposure is set to normal and i haz lightmassvolume in the map, need to tinker with those alot)

Here is a small video of me running around.

I really need to find an elegant solution for the stairs crossing over the staircase to decend into the caves... right now it looks fragile and just wrong.
              really could use a paint drawing here, i'm such a noob with stairs. bah.

Need to find a solution to make the transition between terrain and caves better (i'm talking about the dropdown holes) i made a temp ring with stones for now.
              the stone ruins will be replaced with custom junglish ruins. (sooner or later I have to start modeling )

Then there is the aestetics.. wich are poor. Cba atm need a solid layout first.
              Needs collisions aswell.. again stuff for later.. I added collisions to all the rocks.. movement in UED was not fluent anymore.. howcome?

The demo is rather dark. I'll put some screens from inside the editor asap!
              Feedback would be very welcome grtz
              Last edited by irridium77; 09-24-2014, 06:27 PM.

blog | home | discord

Comment

So there, I promised some pictures..
                Shows a bit more what's going on.. Just try to ignore all the clutter of unused meshes for now

I'm thinking of pulling the outer walls up pretty high, so your kind off in a humid trench with some ropebridges spanning.. (from there i can also do a better waterfall)

Name:	77-6.png
Size:	745.3 KB
ID:	330582

Name:	77-8.png
Size:	899.0 KB
ID:	330583

Name:	77-7.png
Size:	757.5 KB
ID:	330584

Name:	77-9.png
Size:	660.6 KB
ID:	330585

Name:	77-10.png
Size:	932.5 KB
ID:	330586

Name:	77-11.png
Size:	580.6 KB
ID:	330587

grtz ~irri
                Attached Files

blog | home | discord

Comment

That last screenshot screams instagib for me. I like it.

Comment

There are two UT99 maps like this. One is CTF-Paradise, and the other I don't remember, but it matches yours exactly. 90° Corner in the mountains. You could go up on a mountainside ledge and a passageway directly to the others base in one straight line. Must find that map, ****. Both were really fun, so I hope you will do good

edit: probably inspired by supplydepot as Raste said, or the other way around.

Attached Files

Comment

Thx raxxy, i hope to get a playable build soon, so there can be some gibbing!

Chainsaw, I never really played these maps, I never did anything else then Strangelove CTF and Bunnytrack
                      The first layout that i came up with for this was linear..
                      But it reminded me a bit too much off CTF-Face + it would have been headshot paradise with those long lines of sight.

Anyhow it's the first Non-Bunntrack map i'm building, but i feel good about the general layout, I'll finish it up and start cooking towards a playable level..
                      Hopefully in a week or 2.
                      It feels like the action could be very intense now I introduced the caves in the map.

Any suggestions for the bases? since these are really giving me headaches..
                      Tomorrow I have a day off so i'll plunge into the editor to implement these.

~irri

blog | home | discord

Comment

This looks really good irridium77.
                        The cave areas seem interesting... One suggestion I have though is that it may be a good idea to have some pillar rocks running down some of the open lines-of-sight down there.

Keep it up man.
                        MyArtstation
                        @jayoplus

Comment

Thx for the kind words jayoplus!

Made some progress today..
                          I tried cooking the map in time.. But i failed to do it in time

Made you guys a small demo of some changes..

I would do some screens but no more time,

I'm gnna enjoy my weekend, sea sex and sun

Later!

blog | home | discord

Comment

that map look really great very inpresif that under ground tunnel is also nice
                            only think i found weird so far is texture on the inside of the flagbase

Comment

Did Hourences give birth an Unreal child? This is looking really spectacular for an alpha state. Keep up the great work! Don't take too long to release this one though, I know many are dying to try this one out in ictf
                              Last edited by Quadj130; 09-29-2014, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X