• Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] DM-Magnolia

Latest (258 - 20-03-2015)
    Pak: https://ut.rushbase.net/ChA1NsAw/DM-...wsNoEditor.pak
    Changelog:

Old (121, 122, 175, 250)

Down the thread.

My entry for the mapcore UE4 whitebox challenge.

My goal is to try work towards a scifi vault scene located in a vast dark storage facility. (like the human pod storage in The Matrix*)
    Base movement blockout is ready but regarding the latter I still need to add and rework the inside of the building.

Also prop placeholders need to be added; avoiding large flat open spaces, making it livelier.
    Same goes for lighting. Just added test lights so I shouldn't work in unlit mode. The level itself is not going to be dark, only the vast environment around it.

Attached Files
    Last edited by ChA1NsAw; 03-20-2015, 07:39 AM. Reason: Updated DL

siiick :P Belgian powah

looks promising
    BT-AncientLost | BT-Indus12 | BT-AirRace | BT-YouAreLOL
    DM-Pure-Pro | DM-Vezon | DM-RedeemerSniperHeaven

blog | home | discord
    ‚Äč
    Come frag with us! Absolute (Amsterdam) , Absolute (Atlanta) , Absolute (Indiana)

Comment

I love the lighting looks awesome so far. Is there any chance of a video to visualise the map more easily?
      :|

Comment

Originally posted by Flikswich View Post
        I love the lighting looks awesome so far. Is there any chance of a video to visualise the map more easily?
        As soon as the last area is roughly finished I will make a video.

Comment

Still two hallways left. Time is ticking dayum.
          Will make video soon.

The static meshes of these pillars will not block the visibility so much.

Comment

First preview video. A lot darker in game than in editor. But that's not the point of the video for now.

http://www.mapcore.org/topic/17611-m...llenge/page-13

Comment

Impressive.

Great lighting & excellent BSP work.
              UOF Admin / Map pack(s) instigator, coordinator, contributor.

Comment

Looking good.
                Sound designer, composer, flash game dev, and Unreal mapper. My Soundcloud. My games.

Comment

Very good night or map on space theme. Interestingly, these thin towers with bridges just decoration or platform for snipers? Maybe it's hard to reach places with bonuses?

Comment

Originally posted by Raixs View Post
                    Very good night or map on space theme. Interestingly, these thin towers with bridges just decoration or platform for snipers? Maybe it's hard to reach places with bonuses?
                    Redeemer is located on one of those bridges. Will indeed be hard to reach.

Comment

The map looks good. The sniper lift reminds me a lot of Phoebos. However I'm wondering about the quality of the fights because there isn't much light (almost too dark) and tons of trick jumps to focus on rather than combat. The places I believe interesting combat wise are the center and the redish ramps. The middle section with the invisible airflow allowing to go from one side to the other is genius.

This is what I get from the video, I'll play your map to be sure. Maybe it's just an impression.
                      RASTE IN PEACE !
                      Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
                      Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

Originally posted by Raste View Post
                        The map looks good. The sniper lift reminds me a lot of Phoebos. However I'm wondering about the quality of the fights because there isn't much light (almost too dark) and tons of trick jumps to focus on rather than combat. The places I believe interesting combat wise are the center and the redish ramps. The middle section with the invisible airflow allowing to go from one side to the other is genius.

This is what I get from the video, I'll play your map to be sure. Maybe it's just an impression.
                        You are correct about the trickjump areas. Got the feeling I was in the air too much after making the video. Will think of something. And the lighting will be brighter. First want to finish all areas.
                        Thank you.
                        Last edited by ChA1NsAw; 09-24-2014, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raste View Post
                          ...However I'm wondering about the quality of the fights because there isn't much light (almost too dark) and tons of trick jumps to focus on rather than combat.
                          Trying out some additions as the gameplay was all over the place. Imbalanced amount of trickjumps and mid-air 'dogfights' compared to close combat. (Thank you Raste)

The ledge rails redirect movement to the bridges and decrease the flat open area.
                          The bridge itself is added so the long pathway is interrupted, lift removed, liftjumping to the bridge is easy with regular lift jump. Before you could only reach the roof with a hard dodge-liftjump. Now it's also easy to get to if your on the far right side. You're not forced to take the lift or jump pad.

As for the lighting in this area; I did not attend to it yet. It's rather dull now.
                          Still need to add props too.

Last edited by ChA1NsAw; 09-25-2014, 12:51 PM.

Comment

As the whitebox challenge is over, I'm ready for an update.

Old version, go to first post for latest files.

Last edited by ChA1NsAw; 09-29-2014, 12:15 PM. Reason: dl links

Comment

I'll be uploading an update in about an hour, I forgot to change KillZ height.

(122)
                              Cooked: https://mega.co.nz/#!YpBTjCSB!WGb1KQ...-NFQKRVZoE02YY
                              Pak: https://mega.co.nz/#!Jg5ViQwa!cs1uhs...QAaoMwobpu0I5E
                              Editor: https://mega.co.nz/#!0sJRlDrC!NyJ5-i...i94YT9DjWbbWk8
                              Screenshots: https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...l=1#post111940
                              Changelog: Changed KillZ, fixed redeemer location and light, fixed a jumppad location.
                              Last edited by ChA1NsAw; 10-06-2014, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X