DM-Streamline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] DM-Streamline

Hello! I've been working on a duel map for the past few days, let me know what you think; looking for feedback.

I guess this is for the whitebox challenge.

===
    Wip13 pak
    ===

Server admin info:
    Dir: /Game/Maps/DM-Streamline/DM-Streamline-WIP13
    URL: https://ut.rushbase.net/NATO_chrisjm...wsNoEditor.pak
    Checksum: c54ca8aba7da63d89a57878cd9be29cb

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    Last edited by NATO_chrisjm; 03-04-2016, 12:47 PM.

looking great so far Planning to take a look in game soon
    :|

Comment

I like the map, it's quite close quarters, but I like it. 2 things I have noticed though, I get stuck near some health vials 'see pic' bsp error i'm guessing.
      Also, I can leave the map with jumpboots and a lift jump
      Attached Files
      Why look back? You already know what happens!

Comment

As promised, we played a duel on this last night

Had a little bit of feedback at the end, want to apologise though as this was right at the end of my stream (tired) and I didnt get a change to proper analyse the map and give it a good thrashing.

Will be posting a few more for you soon
        http://www.twitch.tv/chumbo_

Comment

Thanks guys! I'll take a look at it in the next few days, current plan is;
          - bug fixes
          - possibly remove some walls. At least add some glass so give better slight lines for tracking
          - widen shock area, open it up a bit more
          - add a few more health vials over all
          - get some more texture definition to aid in navigation and flow
          - contemplating renaming it dm_THEWALLHACKS2014

I may also remove the boots from the next build. They didn't seem that useful but were drawing a lot of attention. Also what with the lift jumping it might be worth removing them.

Overall, I kind of wanted to see how a more cramped map would feel. Currently it's so cramped you can't really dodge well, nor can you track your opponent properly. Still lots of work to do on it.

Comment

========================
            DM-Streamline-wip2 pak
            ========================

Wip 2 now available :3

Last edited by NATO_chrisjm; 10-06-2014, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Note: I do understand this is an early version of the map, and the game is in pre-alpha.

I'm going to throw this in there. Boots do NOT need to be in there at all. The map is too small for boots, and we should limit boots gameplay espeically in duel. Boots right now are overpowered, and would be overpowered in a smaller duel map like this. The layout is pretty good, a lot of prediction shots. Some weapons need to be placed in other spots to accommodate for some weapon balance. Keep up the good work, though!
              Steam
              irc.globalgamers.net #galaxy #unrealtournament #ut4pugs
              UT Username - nvz
              gg! Galaxy Gaming Community

SPECS
              || Core i5-4670k @ 4.2 gHz || ASUS GTX 1070 4GB VRAM ||ASUS VG248QE ‑ 24in 144Hz || Random 54 inch TV || Mouse - Razer Deathadder Chroma || Keyboard - Microsoft Sindwinder X4 || Case - Cyberpower Titan X || 16 gb DDR3 RAM || Logitech g930 Wireless Surround sound Headset || Steelseries QCK heavy + Mouse pad ||

#PREALPHA

Comment

Going to make some more changes to this for the next version. Going to add an extra room behind the sniper area. It still feels really cramped and like there isn't anywhere to escape. Hopefully that should help open it up a bit more.

Comment

========================
                  DM-Streamline-wip3 pak
                  ========================

Added an extra room and moved things around a bit. Let me know what you think

Last edited by NATO_chrisjm; 10-06-2014, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Wip4 pak

Recook for new version.

Comment

Wip5 pak

Recook for new version and rudimentary nav meshing

Comment

Wow looks fantastic the map, good job with it. Graphics seems like the "visual clarity" rule and this is a good point. I try it now. It's fantastic to see a server or two with all this maps to test for play new maps and for testing too

Comment

This map IS absolutely fantastic! I dueled a friend on it for about an hour tonight, and it was the best fun I've had in a long time! Keep working on it man! Can't wait to play the finished product. I think the health/weapon placement is perfect! o/ o/

truly excellent man 9.5/10!

Comment

Thanks

So this has been on the dual servers for the past few days, and I'm planning to make a few small tweaks with the movement soon (making a few more jumps that look possible actually manageable, improve step flow etc). I was wondering if anyone had any feedback for me to incorporate for the next WIP.

Comment

sorry for asking here, but I can't find the answer anywhere on the forum, where do I place these files to be able to play the map?

Comment

Working...
                              X