Last edited by ~SPECTRE~; 05-04-2015, 06:39 PM. Reason: update
    Portfolio / DM-Morpheus / CTF-Coret

Hi!
    This looks great! One of my fav maps ..
    Nighttime Imo!
    BT-AncientLost | BT-Indus12 | BT-AirRace | BT-YouAreLOL
    DM-Pure-Pro | DM-Vezon | DM-RedeemerSniperHeaven

blog | home | discord

Come frag with us! Absolute (Amsterdam) , Absolute (Atlanta) , Absolute (Indiana)

Comment

Looking pretty good for a BSP shell so far!

It is in need of some more details here and there though. The use of some meshes, textures made for the map, and a proper skybox that is fitting for the map and it should be good to go!

Visually it should go for a visual style similar to UT99's and UT2k4's versions of Morpheus imo, a bit of a dirty urban look mixed in with alot of gritty industrial themes that make it seem like it is, or was, under construction. Other megastructures (what the super-tall skyscrapers are known as in the lore) should be seen in the distance and it should look like it is coming from the Earth. Might be a clever move to see CTF-Face flying over head since that's also another map where you can see Earth from space, shouldn't be super obvious though.

Comment

verry nice!

Comment

thx looks good

Comment

Excellent! - I'd say night but how about a day version as well - why not do both.
            UOF Admin / Map pack(s) instigator, coordinator, contributor.

Comment

PAK file any time soon?

Comment

BSP shell is very nice indeed

Day & Night version would be great!

About the visuals, it would be cool to have a full BSP made map. HOLP style.
                Stevie's corner
                Maps at my blog : DM-Cruel, DM-Qu0 B2
                Maps on Epic : DM-Valas, DM-Thaq, DM-Coda, DM-Chroma FPS, DM-Chroma, DM-Dakylian, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
                Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Thanks for the feedback and compliments!

I'm currently looking at a "Time of Day" tutorial for live lighting changes. Is that possible in a multiplayer map?

Originally posted by NATO_chrisjm View Post
                  PAK file any time soon?
                  At the time of this post...I was about to cook the map, but Epic said to stay away from "RestrictedAssets". (I guess that's why other people aren't using the materials that I did)
                  So I will be changing them shortly, and then will post a PAK.

Thanks Again!

~Rich

Comment

Originally posted by ~SPECTRE~ View Post
                    I'm currently looking at a "Time of Day" tutorial for live lighting changes. Is that possible in a multiplayer map?
                    While a dynamic day night cycle would be possible, the impact on fps would probably put people off in a MP game, I'd advise staying away from it unfortunately.

Originally posted by ~SPECTRE~ View Post
                    At the time of this post...I was about to cook the map, but Epic said to stay away from "RestrictedAssets". (I guess that's why other people aren't using the materials that I did)
                    So I will be changing them shortly, and then will post a PAK.
                    Most people have been using the RestrictedAssets on and off. It's just that not all get put into the official builds so it's a good idea to build, pak, double check it works and then upload it if everything works. The past two maps I've made have used the RestrictedAssets materials and they've both worked out fine after tweaking.

Comment

Originally posted by NATO_chrisjm View Post
                      While a dynamic day night cycle would be possible, the impact on fps would probably put people off in a MP game, I'd advise staying away from it unfortunately.

Most people have been using the RestrictedAssets on and off. It's just that not all get put into the official builds so it's a good idea to build, pak, double check it works and then upload it if everything works. The past two maps I've made have used the RestrictedAssets materials and they've both worked out fine after tweaking.
                      Thanks for the heads up on the day night cycle/framerate issue.

I'm only using fewer than 10 materials. I'll play around with it and see what happens.

Comment

I would like night version.. Looks better than day, more mystical or deep

Comment

Yeah if given a choice night for sure as the consensus is in as well. But like me and Steve said - you could do a day and night as separate / individual maps, that be a nice freshen up for this new engine. Looks like you have your work cut out for you.

Certain maps from the original UT are timeless and this is one of them. Glad you're working on it. GL / HF.
                          UOF Admin / Map pack(s) instigator, coordinator, contributor.

Comment

Wow great start on this. We're going to need the classics of course.
                            Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Thanks for the latest comments!

I've got a night/space version in the works.

~Rich

Comment

Working...
                              X