Views:	1
Size:	237.4 KB
ID:	353602Click image for larger version

Name:	CTF-Cubednew3.jpg
Size:	205.7 KB
ID:	353603
    Doing Major Changes To This level at present

Also making the level alot smaller as this improves gameplay alot and obviously with this style of visuals level cannot be too large, players need to know where they are at all times or its just a mess
    Also above images are a little jagged in the far cubes this is just from testing different material options

Hopefully soon ill have the version with addable/movable blocks ready...at this point players add blocks to create base around their flag..to avoid problems i will probably have to make this a gamemode or mutator

Click image for larger version

Name:	CTF-Cubed1.jpg
Size:	257.7 KB
ID:	353578Click image for larger version

Name:	CTF-Cubed2.jpg
Size:	247.4 KB
ID:	353579Click image for larger version

Name:	CTF-Cubed3.jpg
Size:	199.2 KB
ID:	353580Click image for larger version

Name:	CTF-Cubed4.jpg
Size:	288.9 KB
ID:	353581Click image for larger version

Name:	CTF-Cubed5.jpg
Size:	237.3 KB
ID:	353582
    First Posted Images and Original Info

The map uses blueprint squares to create a holodeck like result...squares change color and pulse when a player walks over them and anyone familiar with blueprints will know its easy to implement things like trails and many other cool features...I initally used much smaller squares and construction scripts to create the level shell but the performance hit was immense....these size squares work very well and im interested to see whether so many objects cause problems with say the flak projectiles, it hasn't seemed to though in my own testing so far...another concern is visibility...it seems to actually work well with the black squares but if it doesn't i can change it very easily

Another feature I plan to add is the ability for the team to move cubes around in their own base or build the base...this should also work with botplay because of the way ue4 recalculates the navmesh but it could also cause major lags in gameplay as well so ill just keep testing this feature at the moment and would also love to hear how the community thinks this feature should be implemented

Below image is contrast between extreme reflections and none

Name:	CTF-CubedReflect.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	253.2 KB
ID:	353583
    Last edited by WarpSpasm; 10-09-2014, 10:49 AM. Reason: Why not Update when you can Update
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sm.zombieultra

Name:	CTF-CubedTrail.jpg
Size:	254.3 KB
ID:	330742
    One Type of Trail Effect

Name:	CTF-CubedMiddle1.jpg
Size:	225.9 KB
ID:	330745 Click image for larger version

Name:	CTF-CubedMiddle2.jpg
Size:	207.9 KB
ID:	330746
    Some Images of middle of map

Please comment on pictures of flag room in above post i really need some expert opinions on how a good flag room should be set up...i know its not easy to determine this sort of stuff just from images...just want first playable version to be playable
    Last edited by WarpSpasm; 10-03-2014, 02:57 AM. Reason: realized it was 2014 and anything can now be edited

Comment

Name:	CTF-destruct.jpg
Size:	168.9 KB
ID:	330747
      Started testing blocks that can be removed by a certain amount of weapon fire to allow new paths to flag base...extreme glow is not what i would put in playable level
      Last edited by WarpSpasm; 10-03-2014, 04:16 AM. Reason: just realized malcom looks like wesley snipes from certain angles

Comment

Originally posted by WarpSpasm View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]8404[/ATTACH]
        Started testing blocks that can be removed by a certain amount of weapon fire to allow new paths to flag base...extreme glow is not what i would put in playable level
        Sounds like a cool idea but how will you indicate that there is a route one can open here?

AAlso how do you plan all this with player detection from the guns you have to use to open routes?
        RASTE IN PEACE !
        Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
        Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

Originally posted by Raste View Post
          Sounds like a cool idea but how will you indicate that there is a route one can open here?

AAlso how do you plan all this with player detection from the guns you have to use to open routes?
          Thats pretty easy with blueprints to achieve...Using the color of the block to indicate route and color fades to nothing as block takes hits from any weapon...the real trick is getting this sort of stuff to work correctly in a network game(although ue4 makes this stuff alot easier)...As far as projectile detection goes I did some tests with the invasion gametype using ue4 marketplace assets as monsters and only got to a certain point with blueprints before resorting to c++...It wont take long to learn what blueprint events are acceptable in a multiplayer map though with a bit of testing online
          Last edited by WarpSpasm; 10-03-2014, 07:11 AM. Reason: Just read Tom Cruise is studying for the role of Xan in the upcoming UT movie by wrapping himself in tinfoil and lisping

Comment

like the map already
            its diverent
            can t wait too try it out

Comment

Originally posted by FK_nero View Post
              like the map already
              its diverent
              can t wait too try it out
              Should be ready very soon...although it wont have any moveable cubes just the blueprint system for materials in the first downloadable version as I want to make sure that works correctly for online play before adding more...Thats why I want some feedback on design of flag room in OP because it wont be changeable in game yet and and a bad flag room will stop people from really testing it
              Last edited by WarpSpasm; 10-05-2014, 05:03 AM. Reason: to avoid detection from our scientologist overlords

Comment

Hey WarpSpasm,
                This is a pretty cool idea indeed and you're right, it is difficult to give feedback on layouts from images. It is especially difficult for me looking at the images in your first post since everything is that same tile texture so resolving the different heights and geometry was a little strange. Will definitely give it a try either in editor or in the alpha when you have a download link available.

One thing that I will point out now is the possibility of players not being able to make out enemies since a lot of the environment is team colored. It may not be a problem with the black tiles, but I imagine it may be an issue with the blue/red tiles.

Nice stuff. Put up the download link as soon as you can ^_^
                MyArtstation
                @jayoplus

Comment

Making Major Changes to this level at present for gameplay functionality
                  Last edited by WarpSpasm; 10-09-2014, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X