Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OFFICIAL] Dm-asdf

Update:

Back before the CTF event I started looking at existing shells and where there might be nice spots for obvious wall run opportunities. Zaccubus and I came up with the spots below. It's mostly for speed gains here and there and not as well integrated as they could be since they are afterthoughst but still curious what people think - feedback appreciated!

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

These changes are all in the currently released build - just hadn't gotten around to post about them.

Old Post:

Hey guys,

After spending quite a lot of time on large spaces/projects wanted to throw together a quick smaller shell. The idea is for this to be suitable for small FFAs (or crazy cramped large ones) and duels. Name is obviously extremely temp, I mostly care about it being a unique identifier at this point.

The map is currently checked in and should make it into the new cook this week. The item layout/playerstarts and everything else is super first pass. I'm curious to hear what you guys think, looking forward to feedback/tweak suggestions

Attached Files
    Last edited by Clawfist; 10-06-2015, 12:58 PM.

Can't wait to play this!

Raxxy's going to get this into rotation on the DM/Duel/TDM servers, we'll be certainly focusing playing the life out of this map, this weekend.
    http://www.twitch.tv/chumbo_

Comment

Originally posted by chumb0 View Post
      Can't wait to play this!

Raxxy's going to get this into rotation on the DM/Duel/TDM servers, we'll be certainly focusing playing the life out of this map, this weekend.
      Lol. Can tell chumb0 is very happy to see another duel map. :-)
      MyArtstation
      @jayoplus

Comment

OMG! looks amazing! Raxxy please also put it into the aussie servers rotation too
        Join the community Facebook page
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

Originally posted by jayoplus View Post
          Lol. Can tell chumb0 is very happy to see another duel map. :-)
          Well and truely in my element right now

Great to have another map we can test TDM on too.
          Last edited by chumb0; 10-09-2014, 08:17 PM.

Comment

I really like the look of this map, can't wait to give it a try.

Comment

Looks nice

How's that agony remake coming along?

Comment

Heh I have no plans on my end to do anything with DM-Agony currently (focusing on creating new and maintaining existing stuff instead). If somebody else wants to tackle that they are of course welcome to do so.

Comment

Quick one, I've noticed you can shoot through the window from the armor to the vials, but not vice-versa, is this intentional? I also have some occasional trouble with clipping on the lifts (if i clip into a wall then try and walk onto a lift, it wont let me, i'll need to jump to walk onto it). I'm loving the layout of this map.

Attached Files

Comment

To save you from looking; it's just because that plane doesn't have double sided geometry enabled so it doesn't accept the collision from the back face even though the material shows.

(sorry, I like solving problems and it doesn't make sense not to post)
                    Last edited by NATO_chrisjm; 10-10-2014, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Ah poop, got the order mixed up - honor rules for the cooked build then (fix won't make it in this week most likely).

Can you elaborate a bit more on the lift issues you are seeing (i.e. is this map specific)?

Comment

Originally posted by Clawfist View Post
                        Ah poop, got the order mixed up - honor rules for the cooked build then (fix won't make it in this week most likely).

Can you elaborate a bit more on the lift issues you are seeing (i.e. is this map specific)?
                        May have jumped the gun on the lift issues. I'll test when i'm back home and if it's still an issue ill explain in more depth.

Comment

Okay, so I tried to replicate it, which I could do. The problem was that when I came to capture the issue on video, I couldn't replicate it. The only difference was when I tried to record the problem, my framerate had dropped right down. When my framerate increased I could replicate the problem again.

I've made a video with the problem occurring alot at 120fps. Ocasionally at 60fps and never at 20fps.

Maybe this is more along the lines of a bug with the maximum step height at different framerates? (quake 3 had similar problems) It doesn't happen to the smaller lifts on spacer or Nicktest. But i'm fairly sure I've seen it on community made map DM-Lea.

The problem can be replicated by running at the wall along the side of the lift, and then onto the lift, as seen on the video.

.. Or im going insane?
                          Last edited by chumb0; 10-10-2014, 12:43 PM.

Comment

No I just noticed it too and was going to post about it. I've uncapped my FPS and running it at 160~.

Edit: This can be replicated at all the lifts on the level. Also wanted to say that this is an awsome map
                            Last edited by Immelmann; 10-10-2014, 04:12 PM.
                            ~ Benoyd ~

Comment

this is a really good map, great job clawfist. It's fast and balanced. It's the best original map released yet by miles, reminds me dm-davidm in the original ut

Comment

Working...
                              X