Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] CTF-Control

DOWNLOAD CURRENT VERSION a08
    -Please place .pak file into local ...\Documents\UnrealTournament\Saved\Paks\Downloads

DOWNLOAD EDITOR SOURCE FILES(coming)

Update 04012015
    - Layout tweaks to the flag room. Opened up the platform connecting flag base and opened up some walls in the Amp room while removing some of the doors.
    - Added a few more cover points across the middle area.

Quick video update:

Update 02232015

Made some layout adjustments to the middle area and updated to current build
    http://youtu.be/b1sskYXWWR0

Update 01282015
    Updated for 4.7.
    There are some issues with the UTHudWidget class blueprints currently so the turret reticule has been disabled to prevent crashes.
    Other than that, no major differences from the previous version.

Hello everyone,
    Here with a brief update on this map after some feedback I've received on IRC.

Updates 01/09/2015
    - Removed the top bridge in the middle area and rerouted the path to allow for an additional combat and flag run route.
    - Extended the top area of the flag room to extend over the door leading to shock
    - Added a few more health and ammo pick ups all across the map

http://youtu.be/bQ2s4Xzr6_4
    This version feels like it's coming together nicely so as always, I'm happy to get more and more feedback.

Cheers
    ^_^

Update: 12/21/2014
    - New cutout for each base widened a bit to allow crouched escape (not sure about this yet)
    - Billboard BP still killed for now. Haven't had a chance to look for a good fix.
    - Improved (I think) the middle area with the low cutout path underneath the globe
    - Also added Redeemer ^_^ as a pick up in the middle, just trying it out, the bases can get pretty defense heavy so this was added as another possibel control element.
    - Some minor lighting tweaks were made to make the level visibility overall improved

Well, that's pretty much it for now (and I believe for this map this year ^_^). Merry christmas all and a happy new year in advance.

http://youtu.be/jsngPRqfmHI

Changes 11/22/2014:

- Turrets are back in the map. I figured out a way to attempt to balance it. Basically instead of the turrets automatically firing, someone has to stand in a zone and control it (see video). I think this should give some interesting play, however, we shall see.
    - Tightened up the layout of the flag room, especially the area around the bottom spawn where navigation was a little confusing. Hopefully this helps the flow.
    - Also, redid the entire middle section of the map. The feedback from the stream was spot on in the mid just not looking cohesive. I tried to keep it much simpler this time so we'll see how that works.
    - I think I have managed to sort out the replication issue on the Blueprint doors :-) But don't quote me on that. I have included all of my raw files in the original link so those with the editor subscription can download and run around in it and rip apart the logic on all the BPs
    - I have also included the scoreboard BP I was planning on adding. This was straight-forward to do but for some reason took me a while to implement. I show a brief glimpse of what this looks like in the video but the idea is that it should show at least the first 5 players of each team in the map (for now)
    - Cleaned up some of the other blueprint logic and hopefully it's much better.
    - Some other cosmetic changes here and there that are too many to list... Fixed some broken BSP, but meh, those always appear where one doesn't look :-)

Ignore game crash at the end there... BOTs are sad
    http://youtu.be/rCo6cJm0MZQ

Update: 11/12/2014
    Changes:

- Created new path from Top Flag room into the Shock/Bio exit.
    - Expanded layout in the middle to give more room for combat.
    - Added Navigation Volume. Bots currently don't always know to use the doors ^_^
    - Fixed the BP for the green globe in center. Now correctly shows the team logo for leading team.
    - Added new Flag Status BP to show the status of each flag. Also shows the current EFC.
    - Removed the security turret from play. Could not find a way to balance it yet, so it's out for now. May be out permanently for an alternative.

http://youtu.be/YSEJPhMjQNs

This is a map that I started to play with implementing some Blueprints into a CTF gameplay. It is intended to be a small sized CTF map for up to 10 players (5v5 max) more players may be possible but could easily get spammy.

So, Core features are basically implemented BPs one of which impacts gameplay and the second which is purely visual:

- Each base has an "item room" that contains two shields and an amp. This room is set up so that team members (for each base) can access the room unless the team member has the enemy flag in hand. Enemy team members can also enter the room to steal the powerups but will take damage while in the room. Similarly, a team mate carrying the flag can enter the room but will also take damage (this was done to prevent flag carriers from hiding and staying in there). Ultimately, this room will be "guarded" by the turret that I haven't had much time finishing the blueprint so I am currently using a trigger volume. I will eventually change how to visually represent who takes damage in this room so it's clear.
    Also, this room will eventually be locked by default unless the opposing team's flag is "in control". Basically, the idea is to encourage going on offense to access your team's powerups. This isn't currently implemented in this version but is coming for the next version.

- The green globe in the center of the map is there to visually show the team that is currently in control (basically the leading team). This is purely a visual BP and does nothing to affect gameplay. I intend to have other visual BPs that are based on this around the map that won't get in the way of gameplay but will show things like: enemy player currently holding flag, flag score count, server MOTD, and something else I haven't quite figured out how to implement ^_^ - Basically, these are intended to be fun features that don't impact gameplay. I realize it's not working as intended at the moment and this is due to some functionality that is currently not implemented by default so I had to find a way to "hack" the functionality in. It works just fine in the editor, but for some reason, doesn't work in the cooked map :/

http://youtu.be/UPMFMv-ibE0

So (although the map is currently very broken), I wanted to get this map out to get some play time because I can't work on it for the next couple of weeks and I wanted to at least get some feedback on the concept and general map layout/item placement, etc.

As always everything is WIP.

Thanks for viewing.

cheers ^_^
    Last edited by jayoplus; 04-01-2015, 01:11 PM. Reason: Updated
    MyArtstation
    @jayoplus

a good Map i have this Played not bad

Comment

Thanks @Chris UT4 :-)
      So, update...

Download link is updated in OP.

Changes:

- Created new path from Top Flag room into the Shock/Bio exit.
      - Expanded layout in the middle to give more room for combat.
      - Added Navigation Volume. Bots currently don't always know to use the doors ^_^
      - Fixed the BP for the green globe in center. Now correctly shows the team logo for leading team.
      - Added new Flag Status BP to show the status of each flag. Also shows the current EFC.
      - Removed the security turret from play. Could not find a way to balance it yet, so it's out for now. May be out permanently for an alternative.

See video for changes.

Cheers ^_^
      MyArtstation
      @jayoplus

Comment

I'm not a UE4 subscriber but looking at the WIP02 video, I must say it as a awesome layout and atmosphere !

Look like another must when it will reach final
        Stevie's corner Maps, DM-Akar A1, DM-Aryth R1, DM-Aly R1, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta Links, All UT4 CTF custom maps, All UT4 remakes, UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
          I'm not a UE4 subscriber but looking at the WIP02 video, I must say it as a awesome layout and atmosphere !

Look like another must when it will reach final
          Cheers ^_^
          Keep in mind, you don't have to be a subscriber to try the map out :-)
          You can download the file from the link above and place it in the specified folder of the alpha builds.
          MyArtstation
          @jayoplus

Comment

Nice map jayoplus, I like it a lot. The bases are very good i like it, but what i see the mid it's too fast, i think that you can capture a flag easy without the enemy have chance to go for you, or i'm wrong? But i like it a lot man, keep up the good job!

Comment

Originally posted by Galivan View Post
              Nice map jayoplus, I like it a lot. The bases are very good i like it, but what i see the mid it's too fast, i think that you can capture a flag easy without the enemy have chance to go for you, or i'm wrong? But i like it a lot man, keep up the good job!
              Hey Galivan, thanks for the feedback. Mid areas are usually parts that I generally iterate on the most. I am still playing with the layout ideas and iterating on the map so we'll see where it leads ^_^
              MyArtstation
              @jayoplus

Comment

So... this map will be in the build this friday? or did the guys @ Epic create there own version of this map? I'm a bit confused after seeing today's stream..
                | Designer | Copywriter | Writer | Editor | Soundtrack lover | Known as 7eVeN^ since UT'99!
                Follow me at Twitter @Mcjansen

Comment

Originally posted by Mcjansen View Post
                  So... this map will be in the build this friday? or did the guys @ Epic create there own version of this map? I'm a bit confused after seeing today's stream..
                  Hey Mcjansen, they were just showcasing the map and providing feedback. The file is already available for download - see OP. You can place the file in the Content/Paks folder and jump in to play ^_^
                  MyArtstation
                  @jayoplus

Comment

Originally posted by jayoplus View Post
                    Hey Mcjansen, they were just showcasing the map and providing feedback. The file is already available for download - see OP. You can place the file in the Content/Paks folder and jump in to play ^_^
                    Ah that explains it. Well done on the map tho, look/feels like a potentional good custom CTF map, especially for instagib!
                    Last edited by Mcjansen; 11-19-2014, 06:41 PM.
                    | Designer | Copywriter | Writer | Editor | Soundtrack lover | Known as 7eVeN^ since UT'99!
                    Follow me at Twitter @Mcjansen

Comment

Congrats on your map in this weeks Twitch!

Is there a way I could incorporate your amazing blueprint in my DM-Morpheus to display the "Player Leads the Match" message?
                      And may I have permission to do so?

~Rich
                      Portfolio / DM-Morpheus / CTF-Coret

Comment

I see another thing, the doors opened too close to it no?, seems like it would open before a bit... Excited to see that way you follow with the map

Comment

I can play with that a bit but I basically designed it so that players can't stay too far in behind cover with the door open and shoot at another player. The fact that you have to get very close to the door to open is done to balance that.
                          The doors do open very fast so you should still not run into it. ^_^

I hope the iterations I make in the coming update makes it play better. Most of the changes will be in the middle area.
                          MyArtstation
                          @jayoplus

Comment

Originally posted by ~SPECTRE~ View Post
                            Congrats on your map in this weeks Twitch!

Is there a way I could incorporate your amazing blueprint in my DM-Morpheus to display the "Player Leads the Match" message?
                            And may I have permission to do so?

~Rich
                            Yea, you may use it. I can send you the blueprint file when I'm at the PC (or you can find me on IRC to get it quicker).
                            MyArtstation
                            @jayoplus

Comment

Small Update:
                              Fixing up and making some changes to the flag room lower spawn layout based on stream feedback
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	mZzOjhE.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	333565

Also reeling in the middle area as far as the layout goes. Feeling happy where it's headed so far.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	r3pYG6g.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	333566

Hopefully will have an update by early/mid next week ^_^

cheers.
                              MyArtstation
                              @jayoplus

Comment

Working...
                              X