Name:	4uDs4Ja.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	330.7 KB
ID:	353873 Click image for larger version

Name:	DPYWTWw.jpg
Size:	440.8 KB
ID:	353874

Thought I would get this thread going so I can self-motivate working on it. This is just in a paper state at the moment until I get home and can start BSP work.

It's kinda hard to tell when it's just on paper, but personally I think that it would be cool to spice some of the areas up by making the map more asymmetrical. Can't wait to see it when it's blocked out
    :|

Comment

Originally posted by Flikswich View Post
      It's kinda hard to tell when it's just on paper, but personally I think that it would be cool to spice some of the areas up by making the map more asymmetrical. Can't wait to see it when it's blocked out
      Yup. Will wait until there are parts or a full first shell before giving feedback. Mostly because from experience your map will end up being quite different from your paper designs (been there !)
      RASTE IN PEACE !
      Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
      Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	WIP-1.png
Size:	867.1 KB
ID:	333373

Got a bit of work done today. It doesn't look like it but there is some creative movement options in there.

Comment

Just a short capture video of the top floor so far. This will hopefully give some better idea of what I have in mind. Although I realize there is a LOT of work left to do.

Comment

Nice start, waiting to see more
            RASTE IN PEACE !
            Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
            Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

good stuff Sigma! going to keep an eye on this thread
              BT-AncientLost | BT-Indus12 | BT-AirRace | BT-YouAreLOL
              DM-Pure-Pro | DM-Vezon | DM-RedeemerSniperHeaven

blog | home | discord
              ‚Äč
              Come frag with us! Absolute (Amsterdam) , Absolute (Atlanta) , Absolute (Indiana)

Comment

Another video trying, due to my bad clicking capabilities this morning, trying to show the movement options in the second level area. You may notice I have differentiated the heights between the two sections -- and I will be adding further verticality as I go down to the basement level. And yes, the ability to rocket jump off the jump pad up and over into the link gun area is still possible -- my fingers honestly did not want to work. I'm thinking due to how quickly I can travel across the map that this map might be better suited for Deathmatch instead of Team Deathmatch and that I should bring in assymetry. But I'm not quite there yet and want to continue blocking it out in a symmetrical fashion for the time being.
                Last edited by Sigmafie; 11-13-2014, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Just another video update. Got the bottom area blocked out with the largest shapes for the most part. Still need to raise the upper level's floor to prevent collision clipping through it. Then its on to finishing up brush work and getting a little more detailing before going into mesh work.

Comment

Working...
                  X