CTF-Blank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RPGWiZ4RD View Post
    I'm starting to think it's not a map specific issue but a memory leak issue, other maps do the same for me.
    This map seems to be really bad though now, especially 7v7. I got a GTX 980 and i7 5820k and I'm getting drops to 20fps also with all settings on Medium/Low.

Comment

Originally posted by cafe
      As far as I can tell, it doesn't have anything to do with the map specifically. I think that it has more to do with the fact that the map is really open maybe and has a long draw distance. When no players are in the map, it runs at a stable FPS no hitching no dips. When players are in the map, especially when viewing them in the middle part of the map, the FPS drops dramatically. I think it has something to do with the visibility tweaks they are making on the player model, or something like that at least. It has something to do with the player models.

Face and TitanPass are completely OK, running better than Blank and Crashsite. All 4 mentioned maps have more or less long draw distance but only later ones have the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by cafe
        Well the only other thing I found in the map that might be weird, or at least that I've never seen before, is something called a characterindirectdetail volume. No idea what that does, but I have never seen one before. Everything else seems pretty standard. Maybe tonight I'll cook a version without those volumes and see if it changes anything.
        Probably not that. Players are lit using the indirect lighting cache. More samples down low, less up high where players would not frequently be. Epic docs

r.Cache.DrawLightingSamples 1 in the editor console to turn on.

You can add more vertical samples by using the character indirect detail volume. Here is the red lift, lighting built with and without the volume. Epic Docs

Posts are about duel unless otherwise specified. ut duel shortcomings | What is timing? | dm-twentyseven

Comment

Working...
        X