Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CTF-Blank

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    [OFFICIAL] CTF-Blank

    Hey guys!

    I've been working on a new CTF layout!

    Some of you who visited the latest community event got to play a super early version of this, and i've continued to work on it since then.

    It's a medium sized ctf level that's pretty straight forward. If you fall into the rivers in the bases, you'll be pushed outside of the base. This can be used to the advantage of an escaping flag runner! It's also a little easy to fall in normally, so I'm looking for feedback on this.

    It's in the current github branch, and should be included in this week's cooked build.

    Check it out and give me some feedback!

    Thanks guys,

    -nick





    Attached Files
    Last edited by Nick Donaldson; 11-12-2014, 03:42 PM.
    Designer

    aka. neoduck

    #2
    I see it on the current build but seems that some parts of the map are incomplete, but the gameplay sounds good and the theme is new to Unreal Tournament series, i don't see it never. Good job!

    I think that in this build it has some changes, then i post

    Comment


      #3
      Having played it at the event, I can say that it is by far the most fun new map I have played yet. I like the size, and the layout makes it fun for campers like myself to defend and yet not impossible for some really intense flag runs. Position of the flag stands also helps lead to some pretty nice last minute saves! Looking forward to seeing this in the next build for sure.


      And yes the one in the current build is an early version.
      Last edited by Bubbaxm2; 11-13-2014, 12:14 AM.

      Comment


        #4
        Erm it was already in the 11/07 build right? I gave it a quick try few days ago, havent played any match on it, the map looks really nice, big, the flow seems good, but yet have to test it during a CTF game.
        Last edited by Mcjansen; 11-12-2014, 06:23 PM.
        | Designer | Copywriter | Writer | Editor | Soundtrack lover | Known as 7eVeN^ since UT'99!
        Follow me at Twitter @Mcjansen
        Website: Mcjansen.com

        Comment


          #5
          It may have snuck into the last build, but it may be an early version that I've changed quite a bit.

          I'm looking forward to playing some more matches on it!

          Nick
          Designer

          aka. neoduck

          Comment


            #6
            Hey Nick, I want to say I really like this map. I've tried to do a CTF map similar to this in the past (outdoor map with stream running thru the middle) and never thought to have the water push the player. That's brilliant! The center of the map is a really good choke point and like someone else mentioned the flag position is perfect.

            Attached are some images related to some feedback I have:

            If the flag carrier ends up in the river either at the mouth or by falling in there is no way to get out but to go back the way he came. You may want to have a way for players to get back up to the platforms around the flag from the water.

            I was having trouble navigating the lower portion of the center of the map where the waterfalls are. If you jump down where the waterfall is and follow the walkways (from either direction) you can get stuck in a loop. I went to try the nearest jump pad but it put me back on the walkway that was wasn't leading me anywhere. Eventually I realized I need to go over to the jump pad on the opposite side of where I was. It took me awhile to figure out how to get out of there. I guess what was confusing me was that when I was in the lower area there facing the red team's base I was moving towards the red side of the map but then would be turned around and going back to my side of the map. I hope the image helps explain this.
            Attached Files

            Comment


              #7
              Looks cool
              So this textures are for the final game ?

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by silently12 View Post
                Looks cool
                So this textures are for the final game ?
                No. Placeholders.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by ohnein View Post
                  If the flag carrier ends up in the river either at the mouth or by falling in there is no way to get out but to go back the way he came. You may want to have a way for players to get back up to the platforms around the flag from the water.

                  I was having trouble navigating the lower portion of the center of the map where the waterfalls are. If you jump down where the waterfall is and follow the walkways (from either direction) you can get stuck in a loop. I went to try the nearest jump pad but it put me back on the walkway that was wasn't leading me anywhere. Eventually I realized I need to go over to the jump pad on the opposite side of where I was. It took me awhile to figure out how to get out of there. I guess what was confusing me was that when I was in the lower area there facing the red team's base I was moving towards the red side of the map but then would be turned around and going back to my side of the map. I hope the image helps explain this.
                  1. The version that's checked in now actually has the water working properly now- I'd like to try this out a little bit more before deciding if i need to make any changes to the way it functions.

                  2. Yeah, I've seen some people get a bit confused with this, and agree that i may need to play with that area a little bit.

                  Thanks for the feedback!

                  -nick
                  Designer

                  aka. neoduck

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Ich hab sie letzte Woche im 11/7 Build schon getestet sie ist echt cool

                    I have already tested she build last week in 11/7 she is extremely cool

                    Comment


                      #11
                      You've just renamed the map to CTF-Blanche, well done Chris UT4
                      | Designer | Copywriter | Writer | Editor | Soundtrack lover | Known as 7eVeN^ since UT'99!
                      Follow me at Twitter @Mcjansen
                      Website: Mcjansen.com

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I recorded a match on this map:


                        Was quite fun.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
                          I recorded a match on this map:


                          Was quite fun.
                          That was a fun game We almost had a flawless victory
                          Join the community Facebook page
                          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

                          Comment


                            #14
                            My biggest gripe is the invisible ceiling. I understand you don't want people walking around the top (which was still possible via xloc last time I played -- I even found a little sniper room floating off in the distance).

                            But in general, to allow for rocket jumping, I much prefer invisible side walls to invisible ceilings.

                            Fun map though.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              I see a bug with the rapids in the blue base send you tooooo fast haha in red is normal. I see in Flak room its hard to make the dodge to the health vials, in five times i reach only one or two...

                              Wow i see some changes in the map, i like all of these. The map have good gameplay now in the Flak room and in the middle, a lot of paths. Nice work.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X