DM-Evolved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] DM-Evolved

A new map I spent a few hours blocking out. I decided to work without a floor plan but it's obviously heavily inspired by DM-Ironic from UT04, all the way down to the 2 link guns and 10 vials. Lighting, textures etc are obviously all placeholder and I need glass in the windows :P

Video:

Aesthetically I'd like to have it the map as an abandoned building in the jungle.

Let me know if I should make a floor plan like I've done with a few other maps.

Hopefully testing will be possible soon
    :|

I like it, the layout is simple to learn and the map is clean visually speaking. It helps a lot to have an inspiration source. Somehow I'm unable to make duel maps (always end up with maps suiting TDM better haha).

Looking forward to see more of this !
    RASTE IN PEACE !
    Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
    Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

Really liking this map so far and for the simple reason I hope Epic's default maps often had; the scaling of the map/rooms/corridors etc. In many of the Epic's maps the scaling feel like being in a dwarf-world due to how cramped the rooms and corridors are. I've been wanting more spacious rooms n stuff like this for maps, I don't want continously be dodging backwards behind a pillar firing rockets in the pillar->suiciding so to speak. xD

This hits the nail on the head in terms of scaling for my taste.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback

And raste, I often have the opposite issue, any map I try to design for tdm ends up being duel sized :P

Comment

Originally posted by Raste View Post
          I like it, the layout is simple to learn and the map is clean visually speaking. It helps a lot to have an inspiration source. Somehow I'm unable to make duel maps (always end up with maps suiting TDM better haha).

Looking forward to see more of this !
          Raste, I'm the same way haha. I get way to carried away.

Edit: Oops forgot to comment on this. I loved ironic in 2k4 so im sure i'll love this. Play test on my server tomorrow?!
          Last edited by Numb.51; 11-15-2014, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Sure thing numb, here's the download link for people wanting to download the map:

https://ut.rushbase.net/Flikswich

DM-Evolved_V1.pak

Comment

I await to see how this turns out. It is definitely ironic themed though (A map which I love).

Comment

Working...
              X