DM-Tranquil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Tranquil

Going to be taking the progress of this level a bit slower than I normally do but wanted to get an early head start on the level to give the layout time to mature Hoping to post the layout this thursday/friday for feedback!

Just one screenshot for now, map is heavily nature based with caves and one building. Hoping to bring some mining influence into the map at some point.

Download:
    http://evilmrfrank.com/Files/DM-TranquilWIP1.zip
    Attached Files
    Last edited by evilmrfrank; 11-20-2014, 03:56 PM.

Nice work, looking forward to giving it a play when you have a version available.

Comment

Holy **** its evilmrfrank!!!! This map is going to rock.

Comment

First version of the map is up, everything is very wip but would love to hear feedback on everything

Download:
        http://evilmrfrank.com/Files/DM-TranquilWIP1.zip

Comment

Looking mighty excellent. Will jump in this soon ^_^
          Nice work.
          MyArtstation
          @jayoplus

Comment

I test it, its a bit dark but i know is first pass. The powerups are very good placed, i like that i see. Nice work!

Comment

Thanks Yea its a tad dark atm, I'll increase the brightness in the next release.

Comment

Hurray for more outdoor environments, cool stuff!

Some feedback:

- You are already aware of the lighting
                - Some of the spacing feels a bit huge and uniform; i.e. a lot of the walkways have a very even width to them across the central area of the map
                - Same for a lot of the doorways, feels like there's a very uniform scale across the entire map while feels a bit weird with it being organic
                - Really dig the rocket & powerup spots, nice placement (thought might be nice to have the belt be accessible via more than one route, unless I missed something)
                - Little bit concerned about the linear nature of the layout. There are some spots where it seems like you could easily make floors interconnect a bit more to give people a bit more options to get to places
                (i.e. that archway next to the RL is screaming for a little platform you can dodge on to cut across to the two health packs on the other side).
                - You have boots in this at all? Not sure if I just missed them
                - Like a lot of the shapes being

Nice start man, keep it up!

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the feedback! There are boots in the map under one of the large holes in the ground in the cave area next to the building. I'll implement the feedback in the next release

Comment

Working...
                  X