DM-Bisect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] DM-Bisect

I've been fairly inspired to make map shells over the past 2 days so here is another one ^^

Video:

I started off by making an area heavily inspired by the map DM-1on1-Contact, however, I shortly decided it could be even more interesting as a roughinery style map. There are still some areas which are of a similar style to DM-1on1-Contact, namely the archways and platforms around the helmet and sniper areas.

The emphasis is obviously on z-axis gameplay with 3 jump pads and 2 lifts to provide faster ways to travel vertically and a number of little trick jumps and slope dodges to vary gameplay.

I included the amp (despite the map being more-so geared towards 1v1) just so it adds another dimension of gameplay when playing in pubs or in 2v2 matches, but it's fairly out of the way to prevent it from messing up gameplay when it's removed for dueling purposes.

Feedback appreciated

Screenshots:

Last edited by Flikswich; 11-23-2014, 05:32 PM.
    :|

Jeeeezzzz how much time do you have ??? I'm so busy with my studies I can barely touch the editor.

In any cases seems like you have your own style for duel maps. This one looks quite a lot like Roughinery, but with a different layout. I like the pseudo Quake inspiration the way you place the jump pads. Nice touch !
    RASTE IN PEACE !
    Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
    Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

Looking nice! Keep up the good work!

Comment

Thanks for the positive feedback

In answer to your question Raste; I've had a huge amount of spare time over the past few days for some reason, and just felt like messing around in the editor for a few hours :P I also agree that I have my own style which usually revolves around very z-axis oriented maps, as this is the dimension of gameplay that I enjoy most. I'm thinking of experimenting with a few different styles of maps in the future, and will probably branch out into a few other gamemodes like TDM and DOM (maybe CTF if I have the guts ^^) to expand my capabilities, but at the moment i'm fairly comfortable just building smaller maps until I become more proficient with the editor

Hopefully I can get a version available for the new build so people can start playing on it, but i'm not sure when this'll be as I don't have the 4.6 version of the engine.

I may have to pester someone to do it for me :P

EDIT: So after some time I've come to the conclusion that I am incapable of cooking the map for 4.6

It may be some time before I can get a cooked version out but If anyone especially wants to see it in game and has access to the editor they're more than welcome to take it and cook it

Sorry... I'm gonna have to start working out how to do things myself ^^
        Last edited by Flikswich; 11-25-2014, 08:47 AM.
        :|

Comment

I like it a lot, like Roughinery i think too. But i say, why ppl now don't use technics like UT99, hide amp or belt in a false wall or something like this. I have in mind of this DM-Curse(all the numbers)

Nice work i like your style!
          Last edited by Galivan; 11-24-2014, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flikswich View Post
            I also agree that I have my own style which usually revolves around very z-axis oriented maps, as this is the dimension of gameplay that I enjoy most. I'm thinking of experimenting with a few different styles of maps in the future, and will probably branch out into a few other gamemodes like TDM and DOM (maybe CTF if I have the guts ^^) to expand my capabilities, but at the moment i'm fairly comfortable just building smaller maps until I become more proficient with the editor
            That's a good approach. We all have our own style (I'm more techy and x-y axis oriented maps). I like when you can look at a map and say who did it only by analysing the layout and style. You're lucky you have time, I c an get maybe 20 minutes a day in the editor, so it's not going very fast. I need holidays haha

Anyway, I'll find some time to test your maps and give you some feedback !
            RASTE IN PEACE !
            Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
            Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

Working...
            X