Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OFFICIAL] DM-Temple

Hey guys,

Just added a new DM shell to the depot but won't have a cooked version from us until the next official cooked build next week unfortunately. If any of you guys want to have a go to cook and try it before then please be my guest

The goal for this one is to have another 4on4 TDM capable shell in the game since the guys brought it up at the community event. Everything as usual is very much first pass so I am very interested in feedback regarding item/weapon layout and overall size of the map (I already ended up gutting one of the rooms I had in there back out).

If you guys can give this an organized whipping that would be awesome, looking forward to hearing what you think!

======

Update 12/02/14

Updated with a few changes today. Most notably armor area has been removed and reworked old thigh pad area to be new armor spot along with some connectivity tweaks/fixes/improvements. The map is a bit tighter now and should feel a little less empty and play more fast paced. Also quite a few weapon layout changes.

Added connectivity (jump pad to shock and water area underneath platform now connects to new armor area)

New armor area with added connectivity (rocket and mini have also been swapped)

Had to remove pillar in old flak area (swapped with bio) so that the dropdowns could be opened up more to connect better with area underneath sniper. Also added plank between platform underneath udamage and one of the windows to further enhance flow.

Old connector section between armor and flak area now has thighpads/health and only connects flak area with shock and bio.

======

Old Screenshots:

Attached Files
    Last edited by Clawfist; 12-02-2014, 10:37 PM.

Awesome, you are killing it with the mapping. Looking forward to running around in this one.
    Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Originally posted by Wail View Post
      Awesome, you are killing it with the mapping. Looking forward to running around in this one.
      What he said.

Comment

Originally posted by Clawfist View Post
        If any of you guys want to have a go to cook and try it before then please be my guest
        https://ut.rushbase.net/raxxy/DM-Temple1.umap -- This is cooked for the current build, put it anywhere in the content folder, and then load it up.

..looks really weird missing some asstes so here's a pak that contains everything missing. you MUST delete this for the next build that you download, otherwise you may be using old assets that are not intended!

https://ut.rushbase.net/raxxy/DM-Tem...wsNoEditor.pak
        Last edited by raxxy; 11-26-2014, 01:40 AM.

Comment

Look great from the screen shots
          Shoutcaster/Commentator
          Progamer for Team-dignitas
          10 years worth of e-sports experience
          Twitch.TV | YouTube | Twitter

Comment

I can already see this map textured with white marble, statues, luminous symbols and stuff like that. great.

Comment

Looking forward to trying this one out :>
              http://www.twitch.tv/chumbo_

Comment

This is so UT99 it hurts, I love it; especially the lighting.

Only thing I found tricky was this area near the flak;

[screenshot]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17178202/temple1.png[/screenshot]

I found the central ramp irritating to move around, due to the ramp next to it you get funnelled into the crease, especially when you fall from above. I might pull it back, or change the angle. I'd be really interested to see if you agree (or more, if you don't and why).

Really nice map as usual however

Comment

Someone make gfycat video with waterfall please

Comment

Looks awesome, love the nali cross

Comment

lol, looks completely like a mix between Osiris and Cheops in ut2004. Great work!

Comment

Thanks guys!

raxxy - awesome, thanks a bunch!

Originally posted by NATO_chrisjm View Post
                        Only thing I found tricky was this area near the flak;

[screenshot]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17178202/temple1.png[/screenshot]

I found the central ramp irritating to move around, due to the ramp next to it you get funnelled into the crease, especially when you fall from above. I might pull it back, or change the angle. I'd be really interested to see if you agree (or more, if you don't and why).
                        It's there for a few reasons:

- Line of sight from either entrance
                        - I want players to get funneled to the flak and then back out or towards the drop down openings
                        - It should make it a little uncomfortable and dangerous to hang out there with the flak
                        - While at the same time making it dangerous against a flak user by being more tight and allowing an element of surprise (makes it a little more safe to utilize the windows to engage people around the udamage area as well, but if somebody surprises you it will be up close)
                        - You *should* be able to slope dodge/piston jump up to sniper, though that might be trickier than it should be

Personally didn't have any issues navigating around there but if it's something that keeps coming up I'll revisit it

Btw - I had more of an Unreal Chizra water temple vibe in mind when shelling this. Organic, decayed, mossy, hanging moss and roots, wooden planks, big chunky architecture, luminous water, foliage, etc.
                        Last edited by Clawfist; 11-26-2014, 11:07 AM.

Comment

What I like about this map which I'd request more maps to have are these a bit bigger open spaces which makes it funnier with more players too since I miss those kinda maps that are fun to play also with like 10 players or so.

So would gladly see more of these bigger spacious room maps.

Doesn't need overly complex geometry or lots of details, just basic nice spacious a bit more open room designs would be welcome so not all maps are feeling so claustrophobic, just a bit general feedback.

But perhaps some space oriented theme maps are in order for that especially.
                          Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 11-26-2014, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clawfist View Post
                            Btw - I had more of an Unreal Chizra water temple vibe in mind when shelling this. Organic, decayed, mossy, hanging moss and roots, wooden planks, big chunky architecture, luminous water, foliage, etc.
                            Goopgod!
                            Easily one of the prettiest old-school Nali-styled maps in 2k4.
                            Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Thanks Clawfist! This whole process has been a massive learning experience, it's awesome to be able to go over some choices and decisions with you.

I see what you're doing now, I'm not sure it's what I'd chose to do but this is your map not mine

Comment

Working...
                              X