• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Satellite

======
    Latest PAK
    ======

This the first fps level I've made in UE4 so I'm expecting it to have some issues.

This is a work in progress of a level I am making for Unreal Tournament.

Anyways, changes I've made:

-Added arrows to some of the jump pads so you know where they are
    -Added a custom lift with a jump pad attached
    -Added sniper points
    -Added a couple more powers
    -----------------------------------------------------

Changes made:

-Remade map
    -Colour coded each floor
    -Brought back lifts
    -Added more health and ammo pickups
    -Added Berserker power up
    -More Jump pads
    ------------------------------------------------------

-Added a central column that can allow you to quickly descend floors.
    -Added 4 teleporters to each level which will take you to one of the other floors.
    -Removed windows
    -Added a small ledge on each floor on the outside of the building.

--------------------------------------------------------

-Added ledges to central column to make traversing a bit easier
    -Added a bevel edge to the bottom of the central column so that you can wall dodge out

---------------------------------------------------------

-Removed some teleporters
    -Added ramps
    -Added a few more jump pads
    -Added some decals and materials

----------------------------------------------------------

-Adjusted Jump pad position
    -Adjusted colour scheme
    -Added Low gravity platforms
    -Adjusted Shield placements
    -Added 'hole' to two sections of the building
    -Added a small tunnel
    -Added more player starts and adjusted position of originals

--------------------------------------------------------------

-Removed the inside ramps and made them external ramps
    -Removed most of the teleporters
    -Removed two of the anti-gravity monoliths
    -Adjusted weapon and pickup location(again)
    -Made the damage boost pickup harder to get to
    -Added glass panels that can be destroyed temporarily then respawn (Network replication is a bit of a headache btw)
    -Changed size of outside platforms and also made them look more like scaffolding
    -Removed a few of the jump pads
    -Added jump boots
    -Moved shield belt location
    -Moved destination of the bottom teleporter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Added two cranes, one to replace boring bsp and one as a hard to reach sniper point
    -Added tube lighting
    -Moved Jump Boots down a floor
    -Added clouds around the outside

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Added 3rd crane which has a lift that goes form the bottom of the map to the top.
    -Adjusted "stairs" layout to make it flow better
    -Moved Rocket Launcher to the 3rd floor and blocked off the central column doorways to it
    -Made the jump pads on the outside platforms smaller and more maneuverable
    -Went back to individual panels on the corners to wall jump off of rather than just one monolith
    -Attached jump pads to these platforms to increase maneuverable

-Moved Flak cannon
    -Adjusted jump pads
    -Adjusted crane movement speed
    -Replaced jump pads with chevrons to better indicate the direction.

Last edited by *Devore*; 04-28-2015, 06:26 PM. Reason: Update
    Devore Designs
    DM-Spire//Portfolio

Looks pretty cool tbh.

Comment

I feel it as a mix of DM-Pyramid and the tight corridors from Turok Rage Wars in the lower section.

Nice work for a first map, however you might want to lower the floor in the bottom to give more room to breath, other than that, nice job.
      Adrenaline Mutator Concept / Multi Gametype Maps Concept /Character Creation Concept /Single Player Concept

Comment

Looks like a good start. I would be careful about the ceiling height in the lowest level and give more space for the players to dodge in there. Otherwise it's pretty early to give feedback. I'll keep an eye out on this and test it when it's a bit further along the road
        RASTE IN PEACE !
        Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
        Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

Thanks for the response. The bottom floor was supposed to feel more cramped compared to the rest but I guess I over did it a bit.

I'll fix that and add some health and ammo pickups to it by the end of the week.
          Devore Designs
          DM-Spire//Portfolio

Comment

Made some changes. Main things were adjusting the lowest level ceiling height, adding ammo and health pickups as well as blocking out a theme.

Sorry for the poor quality image and video, currently using a very outdated PC.

Devore Designs
            DM-Spire//Portfolio

Comment

This is very cool ! Changes a lot from most current maps of UT4. There must be something to do with these cranes that can improve the gameplay !
              RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Incorporate the cranes into gameplay...hmm....I'll see what I can do.
                Devore Designs
                DM-Spire//Portfolio

Comment

Cranes incorporated somewhat. Two are used as sniper points and one is a lift with a jump pad. If you use this jump pad when the lift is on the top floor then you can reach a previously unreachable area.
                  Devore Designs
                  DM-Spire//Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by *Devore* View Post
                    Cranes incorporated somewhat. Two are used as sniper points and one is a lift with a jump pad. If you use this jump pad when the lift is on the top floor then you can reach a previously unreachable area.
                    Very nice ! My advice seems to work pretty well in your map. Very interested to play this map when it's done. (Still think the lower level's ceiling is really low though)
                    RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

I love your idea. Gooba had a concept art for something like this.

It's a WIP but in time it will shape up well, it's really a fresh idea comparing to other maps that epic has been making.

Keep up with the good work!
                      work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

Originally posted by HeisenbergTrip View Post
                        I love your idea. Gooba had a concept art for something like this.

It's a WIP but in time it will shape up well, it's really a fresh idea comparing to other maps that epic has been making.

Keep up with the good work!
                        Thanks, I was trying to go for something a bit different, but feel like I strayed a bit to far.

My mates and I played around a lot on both my map and a few of the others and I realised that a UT maps really shouldn't be that small. So I started again, made it a lot bigger and more open with a style which is a bit more in line with older UT Games, except the gritty colour scheme.

Feedback is always welcome.
                        Devore Designs
                        DM-Spire//Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by *Devore* View Post
                          Thanks, I was trying to go for something a bit different, but feel like I strayed a bit to far.

My mates and I played around a lot on both my map and a few of the others and I realised that a UT maps really shouldn't be that small. So I started again, made it a lot bigger and more open with a style which is a bit more in line with older UT Games, except the gritty colour scheme.

Feedback is always welcome.
                          Iterative development will get you far for sure. Nice to see you take it on yourself and make progress. I'm happy to help and get you feedback on your new version when a pak version is ready.
                          RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Originally posted by Raste View Post
                            Iterative development will get you far for sure. Nice to see you take it on yourself and make progress. I'm happy to help and get you feedback on your new version when a pak version is ready.
                            Thanks Raste, I'll make one hopefully for Monday. Just want to make a few more improvements.
                            Devore Designs
                            DM-Spire//Portfolio

Comment

Wow, I've been gone for more than a month. That's pretty bad. Been distracted by Christmas and the fact that I broke Github by deleting something I shouldn't have unknowingly, I hopefully I won't do that again.
                              I'm going to attempt to post an update once a week now with this being the first.

I've been trying to make each floor as accessible as possible and allow the player to relatively easily move between each floor which is obviously essential for a map that is more vertical than horizontal. So I took out the four columns and replaced it with a central tube that goes from the top to the bottom. This tube, which can be seen in the third image, has platforms crisscrossing to hopefully stop people from accidentally falling to their death and it is more sheltered than the outside areas, although this does mean players would be more susceptible to traps and splash damage.

Four teleporters have been added to each floor, each takes you to a different floor. I definitely need to test this feature a bit more as it gets a bit confusing, even for me and I know the pattern they're set up in. I may end up colour coordinating them so players know where they will end up.

I added a small ledge that skirts the building on each floor as it adds to maneuverability and stops players from falling to their death so easily which was a bit of a problem at first. 4th image

Lowered the windows and took out the 'glass' so that they were less of a hindrance.

Things to do:
                              -Populate each floor as they are way to open and bland at the moment.
                              -Make the outside platforms smaller and bring them in closer so that the player can move between the two more easily
                              -Improve the textures
                              -Add some proper lighting
                              Attached Files
                              Devore Designs
                              DM-Spire//Portfolio

Comment

Working...
                              X