Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] UT4 - Bunnytrack (WIP)

Hi ho!

I got started on a BT map for UT4.. getting the basics down with these blueprints and matinee's and such.. Good fun, great frustration
    So I already made a couple rooms.. (you will recognise some of them from previous maps of mine, and the last one is based on BT-BuriedCityOfUr by Drunklove)

Screenshots:

Fix list:
    - Get sequence working in bouncer room, 7 shots ro do in certain order in a certain time. > then the bouncer will kick you higher.
    Doing this in BP, but it's a nightmare for me.
    Thx 2 Raste!
    - Fix liftbug at cylinder room. (drunkloves movers)
    - In general add alot of doors and buttons to open them.

- Fix collisions for the movers.
    -

To Do list:

- REDUCE FILESIZE! >>>>Previous V: 326Mb >>>>> Current: 289Mb

- Add Spawnroom
    - Add secret room with a couple of important BT VIPS & Credit MugShots.
    - fix the "FAILED!" Message at the Bouncer/shooting Range
    - Figure out how to make the spikeroll rotate continuously. (and keep going up and down)
    - Take out the hack where the Jumppad is attached to a mover and work out a triggerable jumppad.
    - Fix general deathzones on movers.. They miss a Kill sometimes!
    - Change all movers with TimeH Speedlifts.
    - A Full on Collisions Pass
    - A full on Lights pass (with post-process), Make it all a bit brighter and the whole visual clarity thing.
    - Make some meshes! (All the spikerolls, All the crushers, Torches, Firesconces, firebowls, Targets, Buttons)
    - Remove ALL Unused materials
    - Sounds
    - Soundtrack, (chosen: Seeker.umx)

Subject to change (even at the last minute)
    - Timing of the obstacles (some can be tighter)
    - Kill Shortcuts.

** Update ** V2 Released!
    24/12/2014
    Download V2.PAK ==> Taken Offline.

** Update ** V3 Released!
    19/01/2015
    Download V3.PAK ==> Taken Offline.

** Update ** V4 Released!
    14/03/2015
    Download V4.PAK ==>http://shares.seventyseven.info/s#90...wsNoEditor.pak

Credits:

Raste => Button Sequence Blue Print
    Raxxy & TimeH => Ze Germans who did ze coding. ! Big UP!
    NATO & Clawfist, => because i bugged you guys non stop for small nitpicky stuff (like pivots and 12mb textures)
    (Find yourselves in the secret room ^^ )
    Last edited by irridium77; 03-14-2015, 08:07 AM. Reason: Edit TO-DO
    BT-AncientLost | BT-Indus12 | BT-AirRace | BT-YouAreLOL
    DM-Pure-Pro | DM-Vezon | DM-RedeemerSniperHeaven

blog | home | discord

Come frag with us! Absolute (Amsterdam) , Absolute (Atlanta) , Absolute (Indiana)

it's over 9000 !

Also, first. ****, how much time did you spend to make this ? Looking great !
    RASTE IN PEACE !
    Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
    Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

Aaah Bunnytrack, those days! great stuff, love to see make its comeback to UT4.
      | Designer | Copywriter | Writer | Editor | Soundtrack lover | Known as 7eVeN^ since UT'99!
      Follow me at Twitter @Mcjansen

Comment

@ raste, what is over 9000 ? :S started last sunday, so 6-7 days.
        @ 7eVeN^Hell yeah BT is making a comeback!!

blog | home | discord

Come frag with us! Absolute (Amsterdam) , Absolute (Atlanta) , Absolute (Indiana)

Comment

Originally posted by irridium77 View Post
          @ raste, what is over 9000 ?
          (damage per sec = 90000000)

RASTE IN PEACE !
          Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
          Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

Did some work on this baby..
            Pak coming very soon

Introducing raxxy's & Jayoplus's Weapon Volumes. (last room my inventory was stripped and i got a shield belt, 100 hp and a hammer)
            Basically it is what it states. With those volumes you can give/strip weapons to/from the player.
            This opens up a whole new range of possibillity's for this genre.

Menu for this mutator/Mod

Keep fragging!
            Last edited by irridium77; 12-23-2014, 08:00 PM.

blog | home | discord

Comment

Fantastic map progress, and really glad to see this getting some legs already as a legitimate gametype. I was never any good at BT/Trials, but I really enjoy it as a break from the multiplayer competitive side of UT. If there's anything you need programming wise please try to let me know as I really want to support community mapmakers as much as I can. I've already made a lot of odds and ends like the aqualung / rebreather which might be good for use in something like this, and have a few more things in mind that might be useful too.
              Last edited by Wail; 12-23-2014, 11:03 AM.
              Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

BT was like a break between serious games and clanwars, as far as i can remember, BT was set up by a big dutch iCTF clan called Fluffy Evil Bunny's [FEB] full with creative guys and programmers. Looking forward to play this once again.
                | Designer | Copywriter | Writer | Editor | Soundtrack lover | Known as 7eVeN^ since UT'99!

Comment

** Update **

Credits:

Raste => Button Sequence Blue Print
                  Raxxy & Jayoplus => Coders Weapons Volumes & BT-Gametype
                  NATO & Clawfist => because i bugged you guys non stop for small nitpicky stuff (like pivots and 12mb textures)
                  (Find yourselves in the secret room ^^ )

If you play the map, please take some time to give feedback. obstacle wise or in anyway
                  Don't forget to include your fastest time! this gives me an impression of length for the fast rushers. (aiming 3.5 - 4 minutes of gameplay)
                  I got 2.18 Minutes for record.

For now tis boring BT.. simple movements you could do in ut99 aswell.
                  I'll try to give the remainder of the rooms a tint of UT4 movement mechanics

Looking forward to hop on a server near you very soon!
                  Grtz irri
                  Last edited by irridium77; 03-14-2015, 08:08 AM.

blog | home | discord

Comment

Great stuff Iri!

Felt really oldskool, few things tho, i know this is the first BT map with the UE4 engine, but i encounterd some crucial bugs.

1. At the first part im able to ghost/clip trough those blocks when i walk against the wall, dodged all 3 of them by doing that.
                    2. at the bouncing number area, even with the correct order the door wouldnt open for like 2 times
                    3. I got stuck in a block that was supposed to crash my skulls after the pitfall.

And then i quited after like 15 min of playing and 'ghosted' trough all the area's. BT in UT99 was anything then looking nice, but i must say that this first pass of a BT map already looks really good.

When i got some more time on my hands ill love to fully try this one out! Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Mcjansen View Post
                      Great stuff Iri!

Felt really oldskool, few things tho, i know this is the first BT map with the UE4 engine, but i encounterd some crucial bugs.

1. At the first part im able to ghost/clip trough those blocks when i walk against the wall, dodged all 3 of them by doing that.
                      2. at the bouncing number area, even with the correct order the door wouldnt open for like 2 times
                      3. I got stuck in a block that was supposed to crash my skulls after the pitfall.
                      1. i am very aware of those issue's.. Still looking at the proper way to kill players. So far i tried attaching a blockingvolume and a paincausingvolume to the movers..
                      That does work till some extent. doesn't work on a fast mover (damage 9000 and entry pain) ,
                      OR on movers who are to small to fit the whole player into a zone (like the swinging spikeroll room after the fall)
                      Wonder what my other options are..

2. This is very weird.. they seem to work perfectly on my end.. and i did alot of on purpose bugging on them. (you have good aim boi? )
                      If you are sure, plz tell me how to recreate this bug. and i will look into it.

3. Where would that be? The part where the block falls on your head and you've gotta make the walldodge => shot in time?
                      that one doesn't kill you in god mode.. you can't move untill it's up again..

Thx for the feedback mate!
                      Much appreciated.

Note for those who are willing to rush this map
                      it's kind of a pity, but when you die the timer doesn't reset.. So do it in 1 run
                      Utill raxxy gets his global timer system up and running.

Cheers

blog | home | discord

Comment

This, surprised me a lot. Especially because after I decided to google about BunnyTack with the announcement of new UT engine and game.

Since BT for UT2004 and UT3 didn't work out (due to the exact reasons you stated). How exactly does the new engine behave when it comes to mimicking the movement glitches from UT? Dodge ramps and such to be precise. Then again there is also the thing whether the community supports and accepts BT. It didn't happen for 2004 and III.

I need to give this a go and see/feel it for myself.
                        Retired UT player & map designer | Clan: Fluffy Evil Bunnies [FEB] | Playername: Kaplan | Founder of BunnyTrack

Comment

From what I've been reading about BT, it comes across to me like a sort of inverse DeathRun (minus Deaths). You start with weapons and have to make it through traps that in most cases kill you on contact. Am I correct in this assumption? If not, point me in the right direction.

If it is indeed what I think it, why have I not heard of this gametype before?

dont blame me if actual deathrun shows up in UT201X

[ SPECS | ASRock X99 Extreme3 | Intel Core i7-5820K @3.3GHz | 16GB DDR4-2133 | GIGABYTE Windforce GTX760 OC 2GB | WD Blue 1TB ]
                          Originally posted by cafe
                          You need to take a DM-Chill pill.

Comment

hey kaplan \o/
                            great that you found this little thread ^^

@Nebulon Ranger:
                            BT : Bunnytrack is a popular gametype in the older UT the 1999 one
                            Its basically an obstacle course in wich the player has to reach the end as fast as possible.
                            These runtimes are saved serverside. the fastest player on a particular map on a particular server has the record
                            You had the same concept in ut2k4.. wich was named trials. (never played much of that it looked kinda lame and undetailed)

As for the weapons. normal bt is instagib only.
                            However. adding weapons in the mix allows for greater variety in obstacles. (think hammerjumps combined with low grav and shooting targets for example, or shooting rocketgrenades in a hard to reach place, or combo'ing around corners, etc )

For the Ut4 version of this...
                            Raxxy is planning to get a global records sytem running. + personal records and server records.
                            The weapons are just a nifty feature that along with other addons hopefully will expand BT into what it became on UT99.

People at UT99 forums react quite positive to this prototype already, so i hope it bears it's fruits.
                            Have a nice day. i'll update this next week again

blog | home | discord

Comment

** Update **
                              Double Post: ^^

Small update, introducing another room and figured out the title for this map. (i was gnna call it BT-Jewtitties but raxxy wouldn't let me )

So with that wip pic out of the way let's look at some gameplay:

Story of my life, f-ing with triggerboxes and triggerboxes f-ing me.
                              Does anyone know if there is a cap to the amount of triggerboxes (and events for them) you can use in the level BP?
                              i have about 21 now. and they are starting to act weird or entirely break.

All the triggerboxes in the room from the vid have SAME properties, collision, (different name)
                              YET, one likes to be shot by all and everything.. And the others are just .. "meh, i only react to shockballs"
                              Solutions ANYBODY?!

Overview of my level BP. (most are oncomponenthit events wired to play nodes that refer to matinee's.) (not that big and heavy right?)

A detail: (most is made this way)

Details panel for triggerbox. (identical to the ones that function as wanted)

I would be very happy if this triggerbox problem got resolved, so i can go on with mapping the rest of this map.
                              (1 more room at front + spawnroom) + (2 rooms to interconnect the lavapit room with the one from this vid)
                              Attached Files

blog | home | discord

Comment

Working...
                              X