Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] DM-Albedo hardcore 1v1

Aesthetics
    DM-Albedo is a derelict spectroscopy station in some corner of our solar system. It was gutted and remodeled by Liandri for use in the tournament.

Weapon and Item Placement
    Powerful weapons are in the extremities of the map or the more dangerous places. Belt is in the center of the map in a nook where attacking with rockets and shock combos is easy. Sniper is at the top of the map cause sniper. Armor is evenly spread through the map. The damage amp and invis (for ffa players) are in some cruel locations.

Strategy
    There is a lot of z-axis on this map, a teleporter, jumpads, and moving up and down between the 3 levels is almost seamless. Keeping track of your opponent will be vital. Flak and rockets may be especially important on this map as there are not may long lines of sight for hitscan dominant players.

Tricks
    There are a lot of clever wall dodges, too many to list.

Hardcore Duel Map! Download Here!
    Last edited by Dead_; 03-05-2015, 03:17 PM. Reason: updating link

I definitely feel the Phoebos vibe in this. I like that. Only concerns I see are the brightness of the map (bit dark sometimes) and the ceiling height being maybe a bit low, but I'd have to test it to know for sure.

Good start ! Keep up
    RASTE IN PEACE !
    Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
    Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

Its a really cool looking map, i can tell all the Phobos inspired parts scattered across it. I had a very quick run around and found that the shock combo was impossible to perform in 50% of the map approx due to the speed of the core and fire rate, core hits walls before you can fire primary to combo it. I guess that could of been the intention if so well gone

Will keep an eye on this one to see how it progresses. good work
      Join the community Facebook page
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

Originally posted by Raste View Post
        Only concerns I see are the brightness of the map (bit dark sometimes) and the ceiling height being maybe a bit low, but I'd have to test it to know for sure.
        Yeah I need to turn up indirect lighting or add more lights. It's hard to have it look like it's artificially lit inside without a million ceiling lights...The ceilings are low but you can jump and dodge in 99% of the areas without hitting your head. Since there is so much z-axis low ceilings allow low players to shoot the ceiling with rockets/flak to hurt the upper player.

Originally posted by code187 View Post
        I had a very quick run around and found that the shock combo was impossible to perform in 50% of the map approx due to the speed of the core and fire rate, core hits walls before you can fire primary to combo it.
        Shock combos are definetly limited on the x, y, axis but not when attacking players above or below you. Rockets and flak will dominate players moving through the tight edges of the map, while a player above with shock can force people into those tight spots.

Comment

Unfortunately I cannot continue work on this map until I buy a new hard-drive.

Comment

Upped the brightness and re-paked for new build. Plz test m8s

Comment

Working...
            X