Map: DM-Idoma Port

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Map: DM-Idoma Port

I've been reluctant to share this but what the hell. A while ago I ported DM-Idoma to UDK for fun but since Unreal Engine 4 came out, I've written a program that can easily port any UDK map to the new engine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	352355Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	352356Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	176.2 KB
ID:	352357Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	352358

I've taken great care to make sure everything is authentic to the original but obviously from the images I'm no artist. I'm probably not going to do anything further with it so if someone wants to take it off my hands and really pretty it up, feel free to let me know.

Its still in need of particle emitters, sounds, lighting and the materials I've built are pretty generic.
    RoseBumRPG - UDK Converter - Grenade Launcher Prototype - Lightning Gun Prototype

Looking good but it also looks like, I dunno, plastic?
    Try making those materials rougher and less reflective.

Comment

Looks pretty good to me.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
      Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Very simple and good looking.
        What BlindRob said though: there's too much reflection where there's no needed. It seems like everything is cover in plastic
        http://i.imgur.com/6dJ1rdc.jpg

Comment

To be honest, I don't know but sometimes screenshots look totally different from gameplay. It might also have to do with the settings he is using.

I would like to see the before and after screenshots if it is possible.
          History: UT99 (2003 - 2007; 2009 - Now) UT2k4: (2005-2007), UT3 (2008-2009)
          UT Nicknames: Shotman, HeatWave, MY_KID
          UT Clan: -={SDA}=- (Sniping Death Angles) and zsu (Zark Snipers United)
          UT Main Menu Design

Comment

That looks nice. It's one of the maps I had to player several times to get used to it against highest bots.

Originally posted by Trev View Post
            I've written a program that can easily port any UDK map to the new engine.
            Sounds interesting. Might be useful for upcoming work of others.
            ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
            ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Originally posted by Trev View Post
              I've written a program that can easily port any UDK map to the new engine.
              Where does one get said program?
              Would that work for my UT3 maps, for example?

Comment

It does look somewhat shrink-wrapped.

Comment

The gloss map is just enabled by default everywhere causing it to look super-specular. Just default to no specular and it will look fine. Nice job.

Comment

I would love to fix materials for the assets in this level. I can make some particle systems too. How can we share this between us?
                    Last edited by mariomguy; 05-09-2014, 08:28 PM.

Comment

This was the only map I suggested in the remake pool. To see it done already makes me so incredibly happy. I think... I think I love you.
                      Work:
                      Gametypes: Lockdown
                      Mutators: Moving Combos Only

Comment

I would wait until you know how the new UT will play, how many Unreal Units a jump is, a dodge is, etc ...

Comment

I could still work on shaders and stuff, maybe play around with lighting to get something that looks nice and plays nicely.

Comment

Looks good so far. Glad to see people already getting their hands dirty.

Comment

Wow that looks so cool, I would love to see Rankin, Ironic and some other maps from ut2003/4 ported.

Comment

Working...
                              X