Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] DM-Babel

pak file, updated 2/16

Hi, this is my first prototype and I don't have a lot of experience in UT So feel free to criticize even the really basic stuff, especially basic UT map-making protocols.

I've put most of my efforts into making it fun to move around in. The map consists of a large open area with ways to navigate quickly around the edges which provide cover and have most of the pickups. With just bots things seem to go pretty well as far as keeping all areas useful and populated. I think that will change with humans though so I would like to hear your thoughts on how the population density dynamics work out.

The map is set in front of a large tower that belongs to some future-religion. They spend a lot on appearances so most of the outward facing walls are made with sci-fi panels that probably will end up glowing a bit and having silver trim. However, to save on costs the more hidden or very large parts are plaster or probably some sort of cheap plastic or even concrete.

Last edited by NTrope; 02-16-2015, 05:45 PM.

I played the map and found it quite interesting. My only gripe was I found it a bit difficult to get on this bouncer from this angle.

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Comment

Higher resolution images can be seen here.

Originally posted by Jay22 View Post

I played the map and found it quite interesting. My only gripe was I found it a bit difficult to get on this bouncer from this angle.

Thanks.
      Thanks for the feedback, I ended up raising that area.

I've worked on making the map feel more like UT today. I've partitioned off some areas and pushed some things back into the walls to make it feel less cluttered and add some medium sized travel areas to the map that I was missing.

Just noticed the health packs need to be re-positioned here.

My biggest concern now before I call the major brushing done is this corner. The lift makes the area not so linear, and there is a teleport destination in that "hunters blind" but it just doesn't feel like a path I would want to take. I'll probably add a room behind unless someone has a cool suggestion.

Edited the original post with the new pak
      Last edited by NTrope; 02-16-2015, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X